PDA

View Full Version : Make-up and piercings... OMG where to start...

Joanne_'jojo'
12-17-2005, 04:11 AM
I've finally found the time to sit and post on how far I've come and wanted to say a big 'Thanks' to the admins of this site for taking time to make this such a wonderful place.

About 6-8 wks ago, I can't remember 'cos time has just flown by lately, what with getting ready for Christmas and everything else, my wife went out to a friends to do some scrapbooking with a bunch of her girlfriends.
I was feeling girly, so decided to take a long bath after I got my son to bed. After getting all clean and smooth I decided I needed some lipstick, as I figured I didn't have time to do anything more time consuming and clean up before my wife came.
I cleaned up and thought everything was fine, my wife came home and we chatted and were both putzing around getting ready for bed when my wife finds a piece of tissue that I used to blot the lipstick. I didn't see it when I tidied.

CAUGHT. So we sat and talked and cried some. Luckily I had been planning to have the talk at some point so had saved some of the information from this site and links to other helpful sites so had answers for her questions. We both agreed on ground rules and that there is room for change in the future.
All I can say is I am truly one of the lucky ones, and my wife is incredible and probably why I love her more after 6 years of marriage than I ever thought possible.
We are still taking baby steps, and keeping within the ground rules and keeping some perspective and humour about this. Life is truly good.

Happy:

She has given me a lot of her makeup that she doesnt use so much anymore, to which I am really grateful as she only buys the really expensive brands and I probably couldnt afford to stock up with such quality :)

Really HAPPY.

I had mentioned a long while ago (in the summer) about getting my ears pierced, and my wife was all for it, just my silly ego etc that got in the way.
I went out shopping yesterday for her Christmas present (all I can say is some jewellery as she may read this) and saw some nice white gold studs and told her about them, and last night while we were out doing errands I decided to treat us to Starbucks.
Well right next to Starbucks is a Claires and while in the drive thru she said come on lets go get your ears done now. I have to tell the truth I did resist, I really wanted to but kept thinking on what would other people think. By the time we got our coffee I decided that I had the only opinions that counted in the car with me, so in we went.
I now have a small white gold ball in each lobe and a small white gold cubic zirconia stud in the top of my left ear (cartalige) and couldnt be happier.

I'm sure there is lots of other stuff I'm missing to tell, but I have gone on long enough and resolve to post lots more in the future and give something back for all the help I have received from here

Jojo.

Julie York
12-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Congratulations!

It's a big scary thrilling ride isn't it?

:thumbsup:

erica12b
12-17-2005, 11:12 AM
and you are one of the lucky one , have fun

chattaboxx
12-17-2005, 11:33 AM
thank you for sharing this with us, like someone has already said you are one of the lucky ones.

Hope everything continues to go well and please keep us posted

Louise

suzy
12-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Hi Jojo,

Thanks for sharing that story. What a wonderful Christmas present for you......and her too!

I'm happy for you and hope to hear of many more happy stories in the future. You have a very special loving and understanding wife....

I went through a similar experience, and my wife and I are still growing, experimenting and having fun with it, together! Life is grand...Splendid, I say...yes, splendid. .....(so far)

CharleneCD
12-17-2005, 11:47 AM
JoJo, I am glad things went well in teling your wife. A supportive wife is one of a CD's greatest acomplishments.

Just a word of warning though. Your wife will most likely go through some hard times with this. Do not dispair, as this is normal. You will probobly need to have several more long tearful talks with your wife. But with the initial good acceptance your chances are good that it will remain. Just make sure to give her lots of love and reasurance.

cosmolovesph
12-17-2005, 11:51 AM
Way to go, i'd love to as well, i think the wife would be OK with it, but it's the family etc.. that would start to ask ??'s as with my age, why would i choose NOW to do it?

Oh well I have lots of clip on's but to actually have piercings, would be great

Holly
12-17-2005, 11:59 AM
Jojo, congratulations to you and your wife. I got my ears pierced about two months ago, also at a Claire's. I was enfemme at the time and the young lady (about my daughter's age) who did the piercing was just as sweet as can be. They've healed enouh now to where I can take out the studs and wear about whatever I want. Last Thursday I had Christmas trees dangling from my ears at work. They were used to seeing the Titanium balls so the trees didn't get much reaction (happily).

Your wife sounds like a keeper. Make sure you remind her often how you feel about her. Happy Hollydays!