PDA

View Full Version : Siblings question?

Briana90802
05-29-2013, 10:13 AM
I was thinking that I should tell my sister that I CD. But I'm worried that one day I may have a niece or nephew and that she won't allow them to spend summers with me if she thinks I'm dressing like a girl. Anyone have any thoughts?

Beverley Sims
05-29-2013, 10:36 AM
That is on contingency you may have to consider.
You can always tell her that they will not see you dressed.
That does work.

Roberta Lynn
05-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Sounds like you have some time to think about this.
Do you feel it's necessary to tell her now?
How do you think she'll react to your disclosure?

mikiSJ
05-29-2013, 11:09 AM
It appears to me that you do not trust your sister's "openness" towards your dressing.

What is the downside TO YOU, if you don't tell your sister?

smellymelly
05-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Clearly you feel she deserves to know. I would recommend telling her sooner rather than later. Just to give her time to cool down and absorb the information before she even has kids. It will give her time to adapt to the idea that you are the same person.

boink
05-29-2013, 11:30 AM
My sister knows and has known for ~5 years now. She's younger than me, just out of college, and not planning on having kids soon, so there's nothing to deal with there (though I don't anticipate any issues).

If you want to come out to your sister, go for it. If she doesn't have kids yet then you have plenty of time to work through how you both relate to on another, and how she feels about your dressing. Chances are if you have a strong relationship and she trusts you enough to let her kids live with you during a summer, she's probably not going to be super-concerned about how you're dressed. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I think you both have the luxury of time to work through this, and may just be overthinking her reaction.

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-29-2013, 11:51 AM
There are two aspects I can think of. Are the future nieces and nephews going to spend summers with you 24/7? That "could" be a problem if you want to continue dressing, and it "could" be a problem for your sister. I don't think any of us can predict that far into the future.

The other issue is telling your sister. She might be fine with your revelation, and maybe not. Again there's another factor none of us can predict. I'd go along with others to say your sister may be better off knowing soon. It may come out eventually and maybe in a not-so-good way. You may want to get an idea about where she stands on issues like CDing and then go from there. It's tricky but over time revealing yourself can be done. I hope it's seamless and goes easier than we might expect. Lots to think about!

Cheryl

4mymichelle
05-29-2013, 06:11 PM
Briana,
Since you are the only person here that has an idea of how your sister will react if you told her, it is then a matter of what is best for her and you. Ideally we would love her to accept that this is a part of you and in no way does this make you different from what you have always been. Unfortunately we can't predict the future, but knowing a little background about the feelings of someone can give a bit of insight. I would not worry about what if, otherwise we would never take another step.
All the best,
Michelle

sami1952
05-29-2013, 06:17 PM
i came out to my younger sister some years ago and haven't regretted it, maybe she being a les. made it easlier.we have our talks every once in awhile.

Wildaboutheels
05-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Telling someone anything for for ANY reason is a "risk". NO one can predict how others will react or take things. Also, smiling faces and nodding heads can be deceiving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wKyXA_nMVQ

Frédérique
05-29-2013, 07:51 PM
I was thinking that I should tell my sister that I CD. But I'm worried that one day I may have a niece or nephew and that she won't allow them to spend summers with me if she thinks I'm dressing like a girl. Anyone have any thoughts?

I waited many years before I told my sister. I knew she would be sympathetic, and she was, but there is still this over-riding atmosphere of uneasiness hanging over us. Basically, I’m OUT, but still in the closet, if that makes any sense at all. However, there is no visiting niece/nephew scenario to worry about – NOBODY ever visits us, which helps the crossdressing no end…
:battingeyelashes:

Cheryl T
05-30-2013, 02:50 AM
I worried about my b-in-law and his wife finding out for years, afraid they'd keep the kids from me. Now they are older and if they find out that will be their choice, not his and his wife's. Someday we may find out how the kids feel...

laurie01
05-30-2013, 02:53 AM
Just be firm and tell her that her kids will never find out.