PDA

View Full Version : shopping at Frederick's of Hollywood...

Wendy me
12-17-2005, 10:34 AM
ok i have done it i got into the gift buying mode , i was out shopping and stopped in Frederick's of Hollywood there was the sales girls and a few gg's shopping as well one of the girls just too cute for words was like a fashon advisor (come to find out she was a plummer by trade) well she was looking at some things that i had picked out and was saying thats cute and going on i was like this nighgty with this robe is to die for cute ... anyway we were haveing a good time ... and this laddy in abought her late sixtys that was buying gifts there said you know it upsets me that men are so dame hung up on not being able to shop in stores like Frederick's of Hollywood and buy their girlfreinds and wives things . she went on to say every person has the right to shop anywere thay want and it is just silly that anyone should feel embarased or ashamed to buy anything...we all chatted and enjoyed our shopping ... truly on a scale of one to ten this was a tops in my shopping ..
i have been out shopping ton's of times but every now and then i have a shopping trip that was just so much fun.....

ChristineRenee
12-17-2005, 11:05 AM
As I mentioned to you in our chat sis...it is important to get a comfortability with the shopping experience and if the store has any reputibility about it with the right kind of sales friendly staff, anyone should be able to go in there and have a wonderful shopping experience devoid of snickers, rude comments, or blatant discrimination by anyone, and particularly the sales staff. Our money is as good as the next person's...and the more these places recognize that and realize that it is good business to treat ALL potential buying customers with courtesy and respect and to make their shopping experience a pleasant one so they will want to come back and to also tell their friends and neighbors about the place...the easier it will be for our community to venture out and frequent these businesses. Frederick's and Victoria's Secret, probably because of the very nature of their business and target market, obviously are going to naturally be more CD friendly, but this applies especially to the other businesses...large department stores AND specialty shops that perhaps feel that they either don't want to be associated with our community, or that embracing and encouraging it might have a negative effect on their overall customer base.

Very gratifying to see that you had such a wonderful shopping experience sis. So looking forward to experiencing the same with you when we get together next year for our shopping excursion!:thumbsup::)

JennyCD
12-17-2005, 11:11 AM
Definately sounds like fun

Shannon
12-17-2005, 11:13 AM
It's a wonderful experience when the customer and sales clerk get in a groove, and if it is happening amongst the customers, the whole store seems to fill with a wonderful vibration. How fortunate you are to have experienced it.

TGMarla
12-17-2005, 12:08 PM
I agree with Shannon. I'm not to the point yet where I can admit it's for me, so I always get the "Well, what size is she?" bit. "Well, she's about my size....." You know the drill. But shopping for girlie stuff in girly stores is just the best, especially when the staff is groovin.

shellyrichardsoninsc
12-17-2005, 02:18 PM
i have been to frederick's many times here in the columbia sc area. this store here really does not care if you are a GG or a CD.
in your case, congrats. keep it up and i hope you have many more successful trips. keep us informed.

Raychel
12-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Sounds like you had a great time. the last time I was even near a frederick, My wife said that I could not even think about going in there. I guess that she was afriad that I would spend way to much money in there. She was probably correct:D

ginafaye
12-17-2005, 05:05 PM
thats great wendy hope the rest of your holiday shopping is even better for you merry chirstmas

cindybarnes
12-17-2005, 05:45 PM
Wendy , sounds like a fun trip to Frederics !!
My last trip there was fun too,, my wife picked out some things also and when we went to pay, the cashier said to me " you know those cami's are buy 1 get 1 free ?" Soooooo back and grabbed another in a different color :)I was not dressed as Cindy btw
Im still a bit shy shopping alone there but am getting over it slowly,, just takes practice *S*

Cindy