PDA

View Full Version : Out of Town

Aly Cat
05-31-2013, 04:55 PM
So my wife and i just got back from a trip out of town to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We went to New Orleans for 3 days and had a blast. I have heard that NOLA is very accepting of TGs so i kept my eyes peeled. I saw two that i could definitely tell. One was talking in spanish and had long blond hair with a super cute dress and high heels on but had a deeper mens voice. The other one was manning a boutique and had a cute floral dress on with some beaded strappy sandals. She had a girly hair cut but didnt wear makeup or anything. She was clean shaven and was decently convincing. The one speaking in spanish was totally convincing and totally passed except for the deep voice and stronger jawline. I pointed her out to my wife just saying "that chick is really a dude." Just stating a fact. My wife made a comment like...ya there are lots of weirdos in big cities and laughed. I didnt laugh. I just kept walking. I was sort of ashamed to be around her. She knows about me and is not accepting so it kind of felt like a low blow. I thought better the second time around with the person running the boutique and didnt point anything out. Its amazing how one little comment can ruin your day. I was just happy i saw others out there being themselves. I wish i could be one of them.

Beverley Sims
05-31-2013, 06:08 PM
Eva,
It is nice to really spot another of us but it agree it deflates the day when we receive negative comments.

sandra-leigh
05-31-2013, 06:15 PM
If the "chick" was trans, then she was not "really a dude", no matter what her 23rd chromosome status.

smellymelly
05-31-2013, 06:17 PM
Well you also don't know what that persons status is. If you say "that chick is really a dude" to a TS then that in itself is a negative and insensitive comment. I try to live by "what we allow, we encourage".

smellymelly
05-31-2013, 06:19 PM
If the "chick" was trans, then she was not "really a dude", no matter what her 23rd chromosome status.

Beat me to it. Agreed. We all can be insensitive without realizing it.

Hope your trip was awesome OP

Aly Cat
05-31-2013, 07:38 PM
Ya, looking back, i definitely see where i was insensitive in stating that the one speaking spanish was a dude. In the moment though, i was just more excited that i found someone and it all came out so fast i didnt think first. I learned my lesson though and kept my excitement to myself the second time around.

Oh, and my trip was amazing. So much good food in NOLA!!!

Nikki A.
06-01-2013, 12:01 PM
I was down in NOLA for 5 days a few weeks ago for my daughter's graduation and to help her move to her new apartment. Wished I could have dressed, but it wasn't in the cards. Definatly an accepting city and I'll second on the food, especially since my daughter knew where to take us.

Karren H
06-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Since our wives appear to be twins.... I know pointing out TG folks to my wife isn't the most brilliant idea I've never tried... and won't... ever....

Greenie
06-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Sorry she did that to you. Sounds embarrassing. Glad you had fun though regardless.

luca
06-01-2013, 11:03 PM
I'm sorry she doesn't realize how hurtful a comment like that can be. Buck up though, when Greenie first showed me a photo of you (I just joined the forum), we both said "wow, look at that guy with the cute white skirt." :)