PDA

View Full Version : Noticing things

tiffiany
12-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Ever since Ive been expressing myself more, I have noticed certain things that I once never thought about before. For instance, at my work there is two gays, two lesibans, and two FTM's that work near me. As well as I have noticed that I create alot of feminine gestures while working, which I never thought much about until someone pointed it out to me. Then theres a girl that I was pretty good friends with and I decided to tell her how I liked her. Well she was already taken but she was cool with it and now I have a good friend to talk about things to. Before if I was rejected I always felt so angry and upset, but now it doesnt really bother me. I also found out that shes a supporter of the GLBT. So as I see it, being able to express my feelings has had a positive affect on me.

Does anybody feel the same way at times? Do you often notice certain things about yourself?

Nikki Dee
12-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Yeah.!..same here...I know my hand gestures get more femme...add the fact that I grow my nails longer....and I am totally smooth....and keep my eyebrows neat and short....well, gets more difficult to hide my femme side...so I tend not to bother trying too much these days. Being and enjoying who I really am is far more important to me now.
Love Nikki. xx

Rachel Morley
12-17-2005, 04:48 PM
Hi Tiffiany,

Many a time I have been sitting down at work or at home and I get to see a reflection of myself either in a mirror or from a glass door or window or whatever, and I suddenly realize that the femme (camp?) person looking back is me.

I can't help it, I don't think about anything, I just stand and sit in a feminine way and have non-manly gestures sometimes. In the past before I met my wife Marla, this was a problem for me. I once asked a GG friend if there was anything about me that she though would put women off me, (I was single at the time) and she said "nothing really, except that your mannerisms are a little bit camp". I was so bummed by this. However, as it turned out, it came to be one of the things that Marla likes about me. She hates manly men. :)

I say just let your true self come out.

Take care

MsEva
12-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Well Angel, you is what you is and you aint what you aint..wow was that really philosophical? I am sure that your mannerisms fit who you are and you should not be put off by that.

Imogen_Mann
12-17-2005, 05:37 PM
Most of the time... I wouldnt notice if my head was on fire.

Sometimes... I have astonishing insight and take big leaps in the understanding of and awareness of myself and others, and on those occasions I amaze myself and my friends.... Then I revert to type and nothing more subtle than a housbrick on the head will register.

XX

Jayme

Sarahgurl371
12-17-2005, 06:12 PM
I have definatley noticed things about myself when en drab. Just certain movements or stances that my body naturally assumes. I really have thought about it and it not contrived, although my wife seems to think so. Its just me, and the more I start to accept myself, the less I see myself hiding everyday. I especially see myself different in the mirror anymore. Its like just looking into my eyes I can see this whole world of emotion and depth that wasn't there just months ago.