PDA

View Full Version : What was your most memorable compliment?

Paula_56
06-02-2013, 05:50 AM
I stop by a thrift store once a week to look for bargains. Over the years I have found some great outfits at rock bottom prices. The lady there knows me but has never ask or questions why I buy woman's clothes.

One day last November I came in to the thrift store wearing a black suit. When I said hi she replied hello back politely. She didn't read me. When she finally recognized me, she said "OMG you look gorgeous!". The best part was the next week when I came into the store in drab she told that the other clerk didn't believe that the tall woman was actually a man!
The absolute best was as I was leaving she told me "you should be a woman, you're a better woman than most women I know!"

Lynn Marie
06-02-2013, 06:29 AM
Mine was a little different. Had dinner out with 6 CD girlfriends about a month ago at a classy mainstream restaurant. The hostess was a delightful little gal who came over during dinner to visit. We flirted a little. On the way out afterwards, she actually climbed up on a chair in the waiting area to give me a hug! I thought that was a pretty good compliment.

Paula_56
06-02-2013, 06:56 AM
Mine was a little different. Had dinner out with 6 CD girlfriends about a month ago at a classy mainstream restaurant. The hostess was a delightful little gal who came over during dinner to visit. We flirted a little. On the way out afterwards, she actually climbed up on a chair in the waiting area to give me a hug! I thought that was a pretty good compliment.

That was quite a compliment Lynn, it was like her saying I accept you as a woman!

KimberlyJean
06-02-2013, 06:57 AM
I was standing in Belk looking at dresses, they had a long maxi dress on display by the aisle and I was looking at it. A couple came walking toward me and I over heard the man say "I like that one" then the woman said in a catty voice "the dress or the blond?" At first I didn't know what to think, then later after thinking about it I must have looked good enough to her to spark up her jealous bone so I am taking it as a compliment.

Kate Simmons
06-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Can't really repeat that here Hon but let's just say my second most memorable compliment was "You are beautiful. You are a princess." And I thought "Yeah, what do you want?" :heehee::)

HannahF6
06-02-2013, 08:14 AM
I think my biggest compliment was one time walking in town on a nice spring morning in a light skirt. I passed two huys walking the other way and noticed something every woman must have noticed as one guy lowered his gaze to check out my legs. I thought, "Yes!"

Hannah

Frédérique
06-02-2013, 08:34 AM
What was your most memorable compliment?

“You’re so adorable!” :bighug2:

Veronica 1
06-02-2013, 08:43 AM
When I met my first actual drag queen and she told me that I was so naturally fem :)

Luna Nyx
06-02-2013, 09:45 AM
being called gorgeous and asked if i was married. :) made my week.

Janet77
06-02-2013, 09:50 AM
Umm, can't be repeated here...:heehee:

Paula_56
06-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Oh yes Kim getting another woman jealous has got to the ultimate validation, Hmmmm? I wonder if that guy "really" liked the dress??? LOL

BOBBI G.
06-02-2013, 10:20 AM
As I was leaving the examining room, after my semi annual Dr's visit ( I had come in fully dressed for the first time), Walked out the door touching my hair into place and one of her nurses said, "don't worry about it. Your really pretty". Made my day!!

Bobbi

Sabrina133
06-02-2013, 10:31 AM
When I met my first actual drag queen and she told me that I was so naturally fem :)

Yup, i know that feeling. I t happened to me as well. I was giddy all day.

Beverley Sims
06-02-2013, 10:37 AM
My most memorable compliments occur when I am not recognized dressed when in a store that I know the sales assistants intimately as a man.
The more I have to prompt them the greater is my feeling of success.

rachael.davis
06-02-2013, 10:40 AM
when I sent sort of a whiny email to my closest GG friend, and her reply started off "Look Sweetie, woman to woman it is time for you to grow up, be a big girl, and start making some tough choices"

Kim_Bitzflick
06-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Mine was both exhilarating AND scary. I was in a movie theater. There were only a few people watching the movie (Tangled). After the movie finished, a man with his 6 year old daughter asked me where a Walmart was. I didn't know exactly and I told him so. Then, HE HIT ON ME asking if I wanted to go for coffee. I politely refused telling him I'm married. He asked for my number. I said no & high tailed it out of there. Kind of creepy hitting on a woman with your daughter there.....

Jenniferathome
06-02-2013, 10:54 AM
There have been very, very few, but my most "memorable" was when I was walking from my hotel to the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. I'm waiting at the crosswalk and a I see a guy staring at me and then approach. He says, "Excuse me, I don't me to be rude..." and now I'm waiting for him to call me out in public and tell me how I'm kidding myself, but he continues,"...those are some damn fine legs you have." and he walks away. I really didn't know what to make of it. I think a woman would find it to be rather "rude." But for me, it was a sign of pass-ability.

Now, maybe the best compliment I received was yesterday while at the salon getting my wig trimmed. The woman helping me said, "Your make up is perfect, very natural. Did you have electrolysis?" Well, I hadn't had any electrolysis so it says my coverup was working. And the way the makeup conversation came up, I didn't think she was "selling" me. Just a natural, easy compliment.

Kiva
06-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Being called "ma'am" when in drab! :)

Deedee Skyblue
06-02-2013, 12:08 PM
"Your lingerie is nicer than MINE!"

Deedee :o

Aly Cat
06-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Mine was from my wife. She didnt intend for it to be a compliment, but i couldnt take it any other way. I had been shaving my legs for a few weeks and she had noticed. She told me that my legs were too tanned and toned and looked sexier than hers and she found it intimidating. Then of course she asked me to stop shaving them. Since no one else outside of people in this forum have seen me dressed, not even my wife, the compliments are limited. I thought the way she asked me to stop was a decent compliment though.

KaraK
06-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Mine was when a friend told me that girls pants would fit better on my skinny legs ^^ don't know if she mind it as a compliment but it made me smile

TGMarla
06-02-2013, 02:17 PM
I was in a wig shoppe getting a new wig, and a woman that was shopping in there told me my hair was beautiful, and asked if it was real. Made me absolutely giddy.

Leah Lynn
06-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Walking into a crowded restaurant and having a GG patron give me a second look and say, "My God, you look hot!"

FionaO
06-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Made an appointment to get a new wig at a womens hairdressers that had a wig shop upstairs that was advertised as CD friendly. As I approached the store from a long distance I could see the male proprietor standing at the door watching me (I found out he always did this so as to whisk his CD clients upstairs quickly in order that they would not meet his GG clients) When I entered the store he looked really nervous until he realised who I was. He explained later that he assumed I was a GG and was worried that I would be at the door at the same time as his CD client and have some explaining to do. He also told me that I was the most realistic CD he had ever met and obviously he had met many. Considering I was wearing my crappy old wig when he first saw me I was really pleased.

AshleyW
06-02-2013, 03:40 PM
I haven't been out dressed yet so none of those kind of complimets, but three times (that I know of) I've been mistaken for woman while in guy mode, once by someone who knew me personally. Makes me feel like I might almost be able to pass some day.

Angela Campbell
06-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Once not too long ago while dressed as a man I was told I had a very girly face.

Camille15
06-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Here on the forum, where someone told me I have a "very feminine figure" in response to a photo. Not much to go on, but it's all I've got since I don't go out in public. ;)

Camille

Patty
06-02-2013, 05:18 PM
While out shopping in drab, sandals on. A GG said any one with better looking nails then mine can go first.

2B Natasha
06-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Not so much a compliment on how I look but more for who I am. Well maybe on how I look. Goes without say'n that my wife is perfect.

I and my wife try to set up GNO events a couple of times a year. We invite pretty much all the GG we know and a CD/TG friend of ours. The last little outing was about 3 months ago or so. Now since then. We have a had one GG ask several times when our next GNO is going to be so she can plan and won't miss it. My wife had a friend talk to her about the next one. How much she enjoyed the last couple and was afraid that we had had another without her. She had managed to convince herself that I was upset with her because she got her pronoun's mixed up during the night the last outing. Several others have asked when the next one is and hope to be invited. So I take it as a compliment that all of these GG's know who I am, what I am, what I do and STILL are my besties and my wife's and love to go out with us. Plus all their husband/boyfriends know and don't care.

Cheers Natasha

Sally24
06-02-2013, 09:15 PM
I was trying on jeans at Cache' and came out to use the wrap around mirror. A lady that was trying on lots of clothes for a Vegas vacation looked over at my back view and said to the SA "I tried on a pair of those jeans and they did nothing for me but they look great on HER". I bought them.....:heehee:

docrobbysherry
06-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Last Halloween. When I went to a vanilla dance club party as Sherry in a costume. Few women were dressed in costumes and nearly no men were.

Several men asked me to dance thinking I was a woman. And, a GG attendee and I had a great time chatting. She treated me kind of like a girlfriend as we waited for guys to ask us to dance. And, it was clear to everyone who heard my voice what gender I really was.

Sometimes Steffi
06-02-2013, 09:24 PM
I was at the doctor's office paying my bill. I was if full male mode, except that I was growing my nails out for an upcoming event. Anyhow, the conversation turned to my nails and she said, "Most girls would kill to have nails like those."

When I went to the salon to get a manicure, the girl doing my nails admired how long they were and that they were all the same length. I went a long time without breaking any. I had them painted a bright fuchsia pink, and as I was leavingone of the other girls told me how good they looked. When I told her that they were my real nails, she grabbed my hand and turned it over palm up so she could verify for herself that they weren't acrylic. She was very impressed.

PretzelGirl
06-02-2013, 09:28 PM
I think the favorite has to have an element of good timing. Mine is probably a time I was shopping with my daughter. We went into a Zumiez as I wanted Toms shoes for "him". We went to the guy side and the SA came over and pointed us to the ladies side. I told him I wanted to try on some Toms and there weren't any big enough over there. After trying some on while talking with him, we sent him in back for a pair. Then I checked out and handed him my debit card. He looked at it and said "Is this you" questioningly. I said yes and he started laughing and turned to his buddy and goes "Hey this is **** here". His friend smirked and leaned back with confidence and said "I knew it".

Sallee
06-02-2013, 09:34 PM
I was mistaken for a GG at a support group That really blew me away.

prene
06-02-2013, 09:49 PM
for me I was standing in line at Wendy's and this older lady said.
“I wish I had your figure like yours” ...
I said "Thanks - It is not easy”. They all laughed and I heard one say “You can say that again”.

Leslie Langford
06-03-2013, 01:14 AM
Does scoring a 98% feminine rating on one of the photos that I uploaded on the PicTriev facial recognition website count?:

http://www.pictriev.com/

(not to mention being told that I appear to be about 10 years younger than my actual age). ;)

AmyGaleRT
06-03-2013, 02:01 AM
When I got my hair done, I was waiting for Sabrina to finish and another lady came in with what looked like her husband, sat next to me, and complimented me on my dress. I think she saw me as a woman. (Of course, I'm sure the staff all knew exactly what I was, but I was still treated like a lady throughout.)

- Amy

Paula_56
06-03-2013, 05:09 AM
Does scoring a 98% feminine rating on one of the photos that I uploaded on the PicTriev facial recognition website count?:

(not to mention being told that I appear to be about 10 years younger than my actual age). ;)

Leslie what a cool site, 98% you go girl!

HannahF6
06-03-2013, 08:52 AM
“You’re so adorable!” :bighug2:

And you are adorable Frédérique. Hannah

kimdl93
06-03-2013, 06:09 PM
I haven't garnered that level of praise, but I've appreciated when women have said anything along the lines of 'you look great...good...or nice' in descending order.

But I suppose the best compliment was, when coming out to a friend, and she said, ' you're just the same person as ever, only with nicer outfits!"

A late addendum. I had a hair appointment...to trim my male hair, but on a whim, I went en femme...coral top, white denim skirt and sandals, etc. I explains to my hair dresser that although I just couldn't bring myself to dress any longer in male clothes!

After the trim I put my wig back on and we chatted for a few minutes...and she very kindly observed that I was prettier than most of the women they see. I know it's not true, but still appreciated her compliment;)

Aly Cat
06-03-2013, 06:29 PM

Wow, thats amazing! I just did it withe the most feminine image i could find of myself and i scored a 99% male face :'( with an age guess of 10 years older than i actually am. I guess i am just a guy in a dress lol. No passing for me. Apparently my celeb look alike is Joshua Jackson so i suppose there are worse things lol. Cool site for sure!

SarahBJackson
06-03-2013, 09:24 PM
I was at a church function about three weeks ago. I was dressed because I was the High Priestess. I explained that my dressing was part time but it is part of my spirituality. I was told be one guy that I did a good job for a part time dresser!

AmyGaleRT
06-03-2013, 11:53 PM
Does scoring a 98% feminine rating on one of the photos that I uploaded on the PicTriev facial recognition website count?

Nice! I tried it with two or three of my most recent series and the highest score I got was 94% feminine.

- Amy

wearingtanpantyhose
06-04-2013, 08:30 AM
The first time my wife saw me in pantyhose and a skirt, she told me I had pretty legs. Probably the best compliment I've ever received either dressed or not!

MichelleTea
06-04-2013, 08:42 AM
I visited a Long Tall Sally store (clothes for tall girls) and I asked a worker there if I looked OK.

She said "you look HOT." :)

SherriePall
06-04-2013, 09:32 AM
While I have had many compliments (LOL), one of my favorites happened when I ran up to my cosmetics store to show off my first pedicure to one of my favorite SA's. A beautiful girl, she floored me when she exclaimed that my feet were more femme than her's.