PDA

View Full Version : beauty is pain

luca
06-02-2013, 09:37 PM
I asked my SO Greenie earlier this evening if she could paint my toenails. She did, but some of my toes tend to naturally rest on each other and some of my nails smudged. GREENIE ended up repainting a couple more than once. Finally she had me hold my feet up against the side of the coffee table in order to push my toes flat and keep them from smudging each other.

10 years later I asked if I could take my feet down because my feet and toes are about to fall off. Her friendly response is "beauty is pain, you want to be pretty don't you? Suck it up :)"

I said thank you but did not smile as much. Woe is me.

;) I still love her

JohnH
06-02-2013, 09:50 PM
I suggest you spread your toes with cotton balls so the nails remain apart.

John

AllieSF
06-02-2013, 10:21 PM
They also have these small foam inserts that you put between your toes to keep them separated while doing your toe nails. Look in some of the major pharmacies in the nail polish area.

Beverley Sims
06-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Like others have said, there are toe spacers to rectify your problem.
I think you both have a wonderful relationship though.

makin' it real
06-03-2013, 04:44 AM
Heck, you can even twist up a paper towel and weave it over and under between your toes.

On another note, a student walked into class one chilly spring day complaining of the cold. The professor asked her why she didn't put on the sweater she had tied around her waist. She said, "The sweater's for fashion," whereupon the professor replied, "Fashion is pain."

Duly noted.

~Rachel

Kate Simmons
06-03-2013, 04:57 AM
Yeah it is but we look so nice when it's done. Maybe we should just take "Ugly pills" and be done with it. huh? ;):)

Jodi
06-03-2013, 01:45 PM
That's why they make toe separators, and that is why salons use them.

Jodi

Aly Cat
06-03-2013, 02:08 PM
My sister constantly complains about the pain her shoes cause her with the bone on the top of her foot just down from her big toe. The bone is over sized and its a genetic thing. I have it in with my left foot, she has it with both her feet and my grandmother had it with both her feet. I told her she should just wear tennis shoes since they are more comfortable....she said, well ya...but thats not fashionable. Funny thing how we choose fashion over comfort. I myself would love to get a nice pedicure and manicure and have my nails all done up. Ive never done it before though and it wouldnt fly with the wife. Im suck with ugly fingers and toes lol.

Chari
06-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Did I read that right as "10 years later"???? WOW - that is a long time to keep your toes and feet in one position!

Aly Cat
06-03-2013, 03:23 PM
LOL, makes me wonder what she was painting! Mona Lisa? Sistine Chapel Finger of God? Show us the artwork!

NicoleScott
06-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Wear some killer high heels and you'll be glad to prop those feet up again. haha

docrobbysherry
06-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Yes, I agree. Beauty means pain.

Pain from a corset or multiple girdles that suck in your waist and give u a fem shape. Pain from dancing in 5" heels that u knew didn't feel comfy but look hot. Pain from gear that digs in, cuts or scrapes u, ear rings that hurt, nylons that cramp your toes, and many other things.

I'm very familiar with pain from these and other things that none of u wear. But, I look in the mirror and the pain is WORTH IT!

And, you're complaining about the pain from painting your finger and/or toenails? U must be joking!

BLUE ORCHID
06-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Hi Luc, No one ever said that being a lady was going to be easy.

suchacutie
06-03-2013, 10:14 PM
I was at the plastic surgeon's office getting a peel, and after the first pass she started to work on my blackheads, and the pain is not really fun. She smiled as I winced and said, "we all suffer for beauty"!

I wonder how many men (I was in guy mode) she gets to torture? :) Oh, and I always ask for her when I go for a peel! She does a great job!

Greenie
06-03-2013, 10:33 PM
That's right girls! Tell him to quit whining!

(I couldn't find the cotton balls so he just had to deal)

Muahahahahaha. :)

ShelbyDawn
06-03-2013, 10:51 PM
I just posted a thread about how erotic/sensual/wonderful it was to have my toes painted by a 50ish married asian woman that I had never met before and you're complaining about having a young beautiful loving caring woman like Greenie(that you also happen to be in love with) paint your toes??? Man up and put your big girl panties on or something like that... Id trade places in a heart beat.

You are one luck lady Luca. :)

Hugs.

Shelby

luca
06-04-2013, 01:41 AM
That's right girls! Tell him to quit whining!

(I couldn't find the cotton balls so he just had to deal)

Muahahahahaha. :)

You enjoy seeing me in pain, don't you?

Also, I can't feel my toes anymore. You killed my toes.