PDA

View Full Version : Hiatus on Crossdressing

bcpmax
06-03-2013, 10:21 PM
As I've been preparing to go off to college/university (difference?), I've been coming to grips with how great a change this will be. While I look forward to the experience it seems that my current practice of covert crossdressing will have to be put on hold.

My current living situation allots me a large amount of privacy,I'm to paint my toenails, shave my legs, and occasionally dress up with little chance of being surprised or discovered. This, however, will definitely not be the case in a few months. Living in a dorm with strangers, with little expectation of privacy will make keeping this under wraps a difficult task, if not impossible.

So unless I win the lottery and my roommate is a crossdresser as well (Better than winning the lottery), it seems a hiatus on is unavoidable, at least until I either have a reasonable amount of privacy or become brave enough to not fear what other people think, or just cant stand not having a bra on and cave in. but until that this is where I'm at. and to that I say...bummer
....Bummer

Greenie
06-03-2013, 10:23 PM
You should join an LGBT club on campus. Maybe you can dress there? Unless you don't want anyone knowing?

Dorm life sucks. I had three people in one room. no privacy ever. :/

Kevyn53
06-03-2013, 11:31 PM
I agree with Greenie. Find an LGBT group. IF nothing else they are going to know the most tolerant people around. Good luck.

Jenniferathome
06-04-2013, 12:51 AM
college life will take a lot of the "need" away. You will have the best 4 years of your life and in relation to your life, it's just a hiccup.

Beverley Sims
06-04-2013, 12:59 AM
As others will point out, your hiatus will come naturally as you will have a lot of other interests to keep you occupied and it is only when you need more mind stimulus will dressing creep back from time to time.

Chickhe
06-04-2013, 01:09 AM
When you arrive at your dorm and are introducing yourself rattle off a bunch of things about yourself and throw in cross dressing. If someone questions it, shrug your shoulders and just say, thought that would get peoples attention... and then change the subject. Tell everyone and they will beg you to dress up for Halloween etc.

Barbara Maria
06-04-2013, 03:33 AM
Yeah,it's a downer.I have to do that for my job sometimes.You adjust after a few days,but you never stop missing it.

Kate's at home
06-04-2013, 06:29 AM
It seems as if you have a wonderful situation with your current living situation (home?). Could you come home 1-2 times a month for some quality time to yourself?

You will want to have time with new friends at school, in addition to jumping fully into studies. You will also needs some breaks from it all. Perspective...

Kate

PaulaQ
06-04-2013, 06:41 AM
Why hide from the folks who share your room? Cross gender expression is much more tolerated today by people your age than it used to be. If your roommates have a problem with it, they can change rooms.

Be out. It's not like it used to be. What is this, 1980 or something?

You do not want to spend your life hiding something basic about yourself.

Besides - you are going to pay 10's of thousands of dollars to spend four years in misery? Screw that noise!

linda allen
06-04-2013, 07:37 AM
It's a well worn saying, but "You have to do what you have to do." Don't take your clothes and don't dress until you feel safe doing so. You may meet some other crossdressers and you may not. You'll be there for four years and you'll have a pourpose so don't do anything that will have a negative effect on your life there or your education.

Frédérique
06-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Hiatus on Crossdressing

You know what they say – absence makes the heart grow fonder... :battingeyelashes:

Jocelyn Quivers
06-04-2013, 12:39 PM
You know what they say – absence makes the heart grow fonder... :battingeyelashes:

It sure did in my case before going to college I purged everything to attempt to take advantage of a new environment as a chance to stop dressing. It worked well for around 2 weeks and when the cross dressing bug came back. This time I was buying my own clothes, experimenting with make up, wigs, and already developing a curiosity about permanent hair removal, hormones, and everything else.:2c:

JenniferR771
06-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Think of this...after a year or two in a dormitory...you will probably move off-campus to a nice apartment or room in a shared house. Plenty of privacy with your own place. Or perhaps a compatible roommate will suit your preferences. CD or at least a liberal attitude.

carhill2mn
06-04-2013, 03:43 PM
I, too, experienced this withdrawal when I left home to work and attend college. It was a real challenge to find time to "dress" even a little and where to keep your "stuff". As long as you are not living alone or with someone who is "accepting" you will face difficulties in trying to satisfy your need to be be en femme at least a little.

Good luck!

kimdl93
06-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Totally agree with the suggestion that you use the university experience to broaden your opportunities, horizons and contacts

giuseppina
06-04-2013, 11:01 PM
Why hide from the folks who share your room? Cross gender expression is much more tolerated today by people your age than it used to be. If your roommates have a problem with it, they can change rooms.

Be out. It's not like it used to be. What is this, 1980 or something?

You do not want to spend your life hiding something basic about yourself.

Besides - you are going to pay 10's of thousands of dollars to spend four years in misery? Screw that noise!

That's true, Paula, but there are still too many homophobics and/or transphobics out there to make trouble. I encountered one of these comedians when I went back to school for a one-year program in Toronto ending in 2009. My offense was hanging a shocking pink shower curtain, the only colour available on campus, after he (fresh out of high school) refused to clean up his messes or discuss the issue. (Shower curtains were not provided by the residence.) There were other issues. The miscreant was instructed to move to another room after one term.

I say discretion is the better part of valor until you get to know your roommates well, like after the December holiday. Greenie's idea of joining a LGBTQI organisation on campus is a good one.

If you have problems, a hidden voice recorder is your friend. Not exactly ethical, but recorders don't prevaricate.

And BTW, homophobia and transphobia is an equal opportunity problem.

PaulaQ
06-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Well, you have a good point giuseppina, a lot depends on where bcpmax is going to school.

Examples:
OU - nope
Texas A&M - oh HELL no!
SCAD, Savannah - sure, you won't even get noticed
UC Berkeley - yes, and if your roommate gives you trouble, he'll probably face a UN human rights investigation. Or a sensitivity seminar, whichever is harsher...

docrobbysherry
06-04-2013, 11:41 PM
Totally agree with the suggestion that you use the university experience to broaden your opportunities, horizons and contacts
Your attitude will play a big part, Max. If u think of your uni time as a opportunity to grow, learn, and expand your mind and life, u should flourish. I would attempt to put your antisocial tendencies on the back burner if I were u. Closet CDing is often that!

If u instead feel set upon, downtrodden, and depressed, u may have to find a way to include dressing in your life to succeed at uni.

In either case, good luck!

ossian
06-04-2013, 11:49 PM
A locker with an excellent lock and some strategically timed discrete under dressing might be a port in the storm.

bcpmax
06-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Thanks girls, I will definitely join the LGBT group there, whether I dress or not. I'll also try and get a feel for how tolerent the environment is there. In the end I guess it will be worth it. short term discomfort for a long-term reward.

Thanks for your comments, the really made me feel a bit better about this.

andrea lace
06-05-2013, 05:20 PM
My offense was hanging a shocking pink shower curtain, the only colour available on campus, after he (fresh out of high school) refused to clean up his messes or discuss the issue. (Shower curtains were not provided by the residence.)

Q. Whats the difference between toilet paper and a shower curtain
A. So your the one :D
Joking asside shave your legs and body hair before you go into University and people will automatically think this is the norm for you