PDA

View Full Version : This is getting too easy

Nikki A.
06-05-2013, 10:17 PM
I help a friend out at her clothing store on my days off (unpaid but fun). Last week I was kidding that we should go for a mani & Pedi, well when I came in today she told me she was looking forward to it. After we closed up off we went.
Now my friend and the owner of the salon know I dress and both have seen me dressed. When we got there it was crowded, all women & me. At this point the owner tells us to pick our color and have a seat. Usually at this point I would have chickened out and stayed with clear. However I decided that I would still get a nice color instead.
I ended up sitting next to this middle aged woman and we started to chat, she asked if I was getting a color, I showed her the bottle and said "Why not". The nail techs thought that the color was cool ( a metallic aqua), none of the techs had every seen me dressed ( a whole new crew) and everyone was comfortable. The mani was in clear since I do need to work for a living but I love looking at my toes. Too long since I've had them painted.
Long story short, if you're nervous about doing it. It's no big deal.

Jaylyn
06-05-2013, 10:36 PM
I've had a couple mani, pedi's with my wife sitting in the seat next to me, but when they ask if I want them painted I always get that man syndrome and say no... Maybe one day I will say deep dark red to match my lipstick that is in my make up bag at home.

Beverley Sims
06-06-2013, 01:47 AM
You might be considered a little unusual but you are a celebrity whilst you are having it done.