PDA

View Full Version : I Love Kohl's!

Persephone
06-06-2013, 03:35 AM
My spouse and I had a few mintues to go shopping today and I had a "30% off of entire purchase" coupon and some other deals, and there was a sale at Kohl's.

My spouse found a pair of shoes, and I found a pair of shoes, a pair of misses' pants, and a terrific maxi-dress.

So here's how 2 pairs of shoes, 1 pair of misses' pants, and a maxi-dress went down at the cash register:

Original price of all four items = $ 198.98
Sale savings ........................... - 107.81
Sale price ............................... $ 91.17
"Special Offer" coupon .............. - ..5.00
Redeemed "Kohl's Cash" ........... - 20.00
Pre-discount price .................... $ 66.17
Discount coupon (30%) ............ - 19.86
Sale price ............................... $ 50.48
Balance on gift card from son .... - 37.01

Amount charged to my credit crd. $ 13.47

Total Kohl's calculated savings .... $ 152.67

Gotta love it!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Jennifer Kelly
06-06-2013, 03:46 AM
The first time I went shopping for girl clothes at Kohl's I got almost $100 worth of clothes for just under $30. If you catch a sale you can get some good deals there. Kohl's is my go-to place for girl clothes for that reason and for the fact that the fitting rooms are unattended (although I admit I still take my stuff over to the men's department and use those fitting rooms, I'm lame like that).

amy101
06-06-2013, 04:05 AM
Take me shopping pleas got to love those savings

bimini1
06-06-2013, 04:20 AM
Kohl's is great. Don't sleep on Target though. They always have some beautiful summer dresses over there too.

Jennifer Kelly
06-06-2013, 04:30 AM
I got a couple of cute skirts at Target recently but I'm still finding my dress size, so I prefer Kohl's because no one is watching the fitting rooms. :)

Diana Bain
06-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Love Kohl's....great price's and selection on there sale item and clearance items too. Have some great Vera Wang tops and dresses, plus some great jewelry too. Great shopping Persephone, let see some pictures.

Dawn cd
06-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I confess that I shop there, too. But their prices are cheap because the clothes are mostly made in Asian sweatshops.

Cindy M
06-06-2013, 09:16 PM
I just got home from working 4-10's out of town this week and I have a 30% off coupon too. My Wife and Cindy will definately be at Kohl's this weekend. They treat you special if you use their card :)

Jilmac
06-06-2013, 10:52 PM
I love Kohl's for it's selection of lingerie, foundations, and accessories, all at very reasonable prices. Also there's no attendsnt to count the number of items taken into the dressing rooms to try on. I have always had a pleasant experience shopping at Kohl's.

Here's a little tidbit of useless information about Kohl's. Did you know that Kohl's got it's start as a mom and pop grocery store in Milwaukee? For many years it was the largest supermarket chain in Milwaukee and suburbs. Max Kohl, the founder, opened his first department store in the early '60s and the family ran it into the '70s. The chain has gone through several owners but still remains headquartered in the Milwaukee area, with roots in the Kohl family tradition. Milwaukeans have always had a reputation for being frugal shoppers which may be one reason for the extended sales and moderate prices at Kohl's.

Eryn
06-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I confess that I shop there, too. But their prices are cheap because the clothes are mostly made in Asian sweatshops.

More expensive labels like Coach, Benetton, Mango, Joe Fresh, etc. also use Asian sweatshops. Lower production costs improve their already high profits! It is very difficult to buy non-Asian-made clothing these days.

Which remeinds me that my lovely spouse gave me a full Kohl's gift card the other day. it's burning a hole in my purse! Shop we must!

4mymichelle
06-07-2013, 12:53 AM
Kohls, yes it pays to shop. Usually have for every $50 spent get $10 Kohls cash. They always have some kind of sale going on. Kohls credit card holders can save even more if you are lucky enough to get the 30% off discount. I got a $90 Chaps dress for less than $7. Was marked down 90%, so was $9 minus another $2.70 (30%) =$6.30 +. 57 tax for a total of $6.87. Now that was a great deal!

Tracii G
06-07-2013, 01:01 AM
I love Kohl's too a fantastic store.

jaye_cd
06-07-2013, 01:21 AM
Kohl's is evil evil evil! (They put one in within a nice 10 minute walk from my house via a lovely residential side street.) :D

Danielle001
06-07-2013, 01:27 AM
The first time I went shopping for girl clothes at Kohl's I got almost $100 worth of clothes for just under $30. If you catch a sale you can get some good deals there. Kohl's is my go-to place for girl clothes for that reason and for the fact that the fitting rooms are unattended (although I admit I still take my stuff over to the men's department and use those fitting rooms, I'm lame like that).

A lot of cute clothes is the first reason I love Kohls. The unattended fitting rooms are the second reason. I also usually go over to the men's department to try stuff on, so I share in your lame-ness. :)

Persephone
06-07-2013, 01:43 AM
Kohls credit card holders can save even more if you are lucky enough to get the 30% off discount.

True! I've spent so much there that I now have the VIP credit card with extra private sales days! And yep, it's in my name, not "his." My spouse gets in on the discount by handing me her picks so I can pay for them, so do a couple of my friends!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Eryn
06-07-2013, 02:35 AM
A lot of cute clothes is the first reason I love Kohls. The unattended fitting rooms are the second reason. I also usually go over to the men's department to try stuff on, so I share in your lame-ness. :)

I've noted that in every Kohl's store I've visited there are no gender designators on any fitting rooms other than their position relative to a particular department. More than once I've seen men use the fitting room adjacent to the misses' department and nobody batted an eye.

Now when Persephone, myself, and our spouses shop together it's a sight to behold! :pinktornado:

Sandra1746
06-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Hands down, Kohl's is my favorite store. In fact I was there yesterday and bought 3 tops and a sport bra. My shopping has slowed down, I am running out of storage space...;-)

Sandra1746

Patty
06-07-2013, 11:45 AM
I love Kohl's, my favorite store!

linda allen
06-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Kohl's is great. Don't sleep on Target though. They always have some beautiful summer dresses over there too.

My wife and I shop often at Kohl's. Probably one half of our wardrobe comes from there. As far as Target, we've looked at clothes there but never found anything worth buying. My impression is that Wal-Mart has better quality and selection.

. ............ My shopping has slowed down, I am running out of storage space...;-)

Don't worry, you're not the only one! :eek:

StephieK
06-08-2013, 10:30 AM

On two separate occasions, in two different Kohl's, I asked if I could use the fitting room adjacent to the women's department, because the men's fitting rooms are WAY OVER THERE. Both times I was politely but firmly told "No". So, you are not lame!

Heather1129
06-08-2013, 12:23 PM
I love them also, but the nearest one is 165 miles away, so I only get there once or twice a year. They are starting to build one here in my town, it will be open this fall I think, so there goes my clothes budget!! Can't wait!

Heather

S. Lisa Smith
06-08-2013, 01:02 PM
I love Kohls also. I buy lots of clothes there!!

dana 1
06-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Don't forget the 10 percent senior discount on Wednesday at kohls

ambigendrous
06-08-2013, 11:17 PM
My Kohl's experiences:

About 6 years ago I went in just looking - found a nice pair of boots on the clearance rack: 4" block heels with no platform, knee high with a turned over "collar" in an interesting copper color. The price printed on the box was $74.88 and they were marked down to $15 so I figured it was a good price and grabbed them. Got to the checkout and when they were scanned they came up as $3.75! I failed to notice that the clearance rack had a sign saying 75% off and they were 75% off of the marked down price!

Last year my wife and I were shopping for some clothes for our grandson and found a nice pair of shorts and a couple of T shirts - again on the clearance rack. Between the clearance price, coupons and cash back it ended up that Kohl's paid us $0.46!

BOBBI G.
06-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Kohl's now is one of my two favorites, Macy's being the other. Their floor personnel, are not overly visible, once you find one they will help you into the department with the item you are asking about. Then you are kinda on your own. We had a break in the weather, and I just had to get out of the house. Had only been in Kohl's once before, so I didn't know the floor plan very well. Asked an assistant for a Navy Blazer and he started looking towards the men's department until I told him it was for Bobbi. He told me this really wasn't the time of year for blazers but was kind enough to show me what the had. Saw a pair of matching slacks that fir like a glove. From there, I was directed to their white button front shirts. Buttons all the way to the collar. This way I can open a button depending on my mood, professional, business casual, or casual. A potential no sale turned into a sale approaching 200.00 dollars retail. All because their floor staff took the time to assist instead of brushing me off. Hit the register and everything was 30% off. Smiled the rest of the day. Yes I will surely go back there.

Bobbi

Beverley Sims
06-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Barbara,
I just love any shop that lets my try on before I buy.

Jaylyn
06-09-2013, 08:58 AM
Bought my wife a Christmas gift card at Kohl's last Christmas maybe she should have bought me one also.... I still don't know if all the stores ate CD friendly as the ones talked about on here. We are out in West Texas and nearly every one is still redneck and me too but just a red neck CD.....

Bree Wagner
06-10-2013, 03:47 PM
I definitely agree that Kohl's is great and I certainly take advantage of all my MVC benefits! In fact, I'm headed there in a few hours. I need to buy a new pan, but I'm sure I'll be drawn into several other departments. :)

I was just discussing this topic with Lorileah last night, they really do get you when they say "You saved $246 dollars today" and what they really mean is "Thanks for spending $70 with us today!"

-Bree

Eryn
06-10-2013, 04:11 PM
...they really do get you when they say "You saved $246 dollars today" and what they really mean is "Thanks for spending $70 with us today!"

Oh yes, it is a game with numbers! Another game we play is "Find a full-priced item at Kohls" Yes, there are some, but it is very rare that the price on the tag is the same as the price at the register. Everything is some percentage off.

It all boils down to the fact that people want to feel like they are getting an advantage over other people. JC Penney tried going to a "straight price" policy and it pretty much failed, because all of their customers were waiting for a clearance sale that never came. It's a bit of a shame, really, as the prices at Penneys were right in line with those at Kohls, after their myriad of discounts were factored in.

Lorileah
06-10-2013, 04:54 PM
and guess who just "saved" 187$ today...and it only cost me 52$

Nancie64
06-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Everybody must shop at Kohls. My SO and I went there last Sat and she bought Nancie 2 new tops and a hot pink skirt from the petite section, but it has an elastic waist, fits super. Going for the makeover a week from Friday but don't think I will leave Rori's with the pink skirt on, it is a little short. Planning on wearing the black multi color top with a pink skirt with my new heels from Zappos. Cream colored with top strap. Our bill, $157.50, less discounts only $37.90. Someone tell me how they make any money. Oh yes, I did use the dressing room to try them on, you have to love it.

Briana90802
06-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Recently kohls has been accused of of raising their prices just before cutting them to claim they were on sale. Jcp, kohls sears etc all seem to be using this strategy.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/02/28/cbs2-investigates-questionable-price-tags-at-several-kohls-department-stores/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/05/jc-penney-sales-increase-prices_n_3390910.html

Greenie
06-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Recently kohls has been accused of of raising their prices just before cutting them to claim they were on sale. Jcp, kohls sears etc all seem to be using this strategy.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/02/28/cbs2-investigates-questionable-price-tags-at-several-kohls-department-stores/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/05/jc-penney-sales-increase-prices_n_3390910.html

To be fair. This is a marketing ploy ALL industries and MANY MANY places use. Macy's, Best buy, kohls, JC penny. A LOT of stores do that. But this is when it becomes your own responsibility to become and informed shopper. Do not buy stuff just because its on "sale" buy it because you know its the best price. Or at least the price you want to pay.

I love kohls and JC penny.

linda allen
06-30-2013, 07:27 AM

Anybody can accuse anybody of doing anything. Some folks have nothing better to do. It is meaningless.

When you see a price tag of, let's say $50 on a skirt, just what does that mean? Is a $50 skirt made twice as well as a $25 skirt? Will it last twice as long? Will you look twice as nice in it?

Assuming you like the skirt and want to buy it, the only thing that matters is the final price you pay compared to similar clothing.

You will find the same situation whether you are shopping for clothing, tools, furniture or groceries. People feel better about buying something if they think they are getting a "deal" so retailers provide those deals. They would be stupid not to.

Lillyasia
06-30-2013, 04:53 PM
With all the promoting we do for Kohls and JC Penny, you'd think they would catch on and make crossdressers a special sale.

Jaymees22
06-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Hi, I had posted this awhile ago, I thought this meant they knew about us.