PDA

View Full Version : Looks

Kate Simmons
06-08-2013, 10:51 AM
As was brought out in a recent thread sometimes when we are out en femme we find we are not recognized by friends and family. My question is do you do this on purpose, try to look like someone entirely different, so as not to be unrecognizable or do you dress simply to look and "feel" like a girl? It could just be a natural consequence of dressing. In some cases where we are perceived as being a different person, this could perhaps prompt us to develop new characteristics or qualities. I think I pretty much go with the flow when this happens. What do you all think? :)

Erica Marie
06-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Well I have not been out yet. But my look is the same me just in femme cloths and of course a wig. But as far as trying to hide who I am I dont think that would be my aim.

kimdl93
06-08-2013, 11:02 AM
I'm afraid I'm not able to disguise myself so completely. I've always been recognized despite the make up, wigs, etc

Michelle (Oz)
06-08-2013, 11:13 AM
In one sense I am setting out to disguise myself - as a female and therefore totally different to the male me. My disguise has helped not be recognised though when passing people I know.

Stephanie47
06-08-2013, 11:16 AM
You can put on a dress. You can put on makeup. Sometimes you just cannot hide. Some people are just good at facial recognition. It would be interesting to see if those cameras in NYC can spot the male and female personna of the same individual. I think if the viewer knows to look for the maleness, they will see it.

Rachel Morley
06-08-2013, 11:19 AM
I dress to look and feel like a girl not to hide my identity. My not looking like my boy self is just a natural consequence of dressing. I look different because of my body shape (hip and bottom padding, as well as breast forms) and in my case, full make up and my wig totally transforms how I normally look.

Paulette
06-08-2013, 11:21 AM
The answer on facial recondition cameras picking up the difference between your ale self and your femme self is yes they will. Facial recognition is based on mathematics and land marks on your face. Distance between eyes and nose and chin for instance. These distances are not effected by the beard cover or foundation, or for that matter that great smokey eye you are rocking.

linda allen
06-08-2013, 01:32 PM
I just dress as a female. Put on a wig, makeup, feminine glasses, etc. My wigs are close to what my hair color was before it turned grey but the bangs cover much of my forehead. I would try to keep myself out of situations where I would be around someone I know.

Vickie_CDTV
06-08-2013, 03:11 PM
I dress to look completely different, if I am out en femme I would usually not want to be recognized, especially by any family members.

Cheryl T
06-08-2013, 03:35 PM
I dress to look and feel like myself.
As for others not recognizing me, well that's just a benefit since I don't care for family and close friends to know just yet.
If you look at pictures of actresses with and without makeup it's a huge difference there too and many of them surprise us with the difference. For most of us it's not about hiding, but donning a wig and makeup surely changes our facade to the point that without close scrutiny we would go unrecognized by those that know us.

Nikki A.
06-08-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm not disguising myself, but, make up changes your complexion and coloring, eye make-up alters your look too, add a wig and different clothing and to the casual observer you will look different. Look at celebrities with and without makeup they look completely different.
I don't try to behave differently, however I do try not to walk like a neanderthal either.

Helen_Highwater
06-08-2013, 04:37 PM
I have a photo of myself fully made up, wig and wearing large dark glasses and a black leather jacket......... and looking like Roy Orbison! So that should fool family and friends.

KimberlyJean
06-09-2013, 07:44 AM
I go with natural makeup that any woman my age would wear. It changes my look, then the wig makes me look totally different. I think though that if anyone knew my mother they would recoginze me or think she had a illigitamate daughter. When my brother and I were young everyone always said we looked like her. Put on some makeup and a blond wig and I can see the resemblence.

docrobbysherry
06-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Why can't we try to do both, Kate?

I don't try to disguise my fem self from anyone except ME! I don't want look like a man-in-a-dress!

Jilmac
06-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Usually when I dress I do it to feel like a girl. Dressing does change my appearance somewhat but I believe I would still be recognized by someone who knows me as my male self. I never try to disguise myself but the wigs and femme glasses, (along with makeup and lipstick), do a fairly decent job ov concealing my masculine puss.

Sonia_cd
06-10-2013, 12:12 AM
I haven't been out but I do have a take on this. Whenever I'm fully dressed I do find subtle sub-conscious changes that take place; things like my arms swaying when I walk, brushing the hair from my face, more fluid hand gestures and so on. I know these aren't practiced or forced and I will admit to being surprised by them. Yes, the makeup, wig and outfit would make me appear like a different person to someone who might be expecting to see a face with stubble and not much else - so to that extent the "deception" is natural. But I do think the failure/inability to recognise someone enhomme vs. enfemme is mostly a factor of the attitude or "feel" that the person dressed has.

Sonia

Taragirl427
06-10-2013, 12:46 AM
I dont try to disguise myself at all. It is all about being a female to me, so I just work with what I've got and look like me...just female. I dont really know how it comes across to anyone else, and I dont really care.

noeleena
06-10-2013, 02:11 AM
Hi,

How i dress,
what looks nice suits me quite plain simple yet hopefully says a little about who i am as a person. being well known friends can see me from a distance from behind & know its noeleena my head wear most know me by that, yet even so when i wore my wig they still knew,

Let me try & say it this way. its too obvous what i look like so that brings attention to myself i cant get around that nore did before, if you look like a normal woman its good , if not like i am then its very different, one issue i have is with makeup. how to look stupid so i wont use it, hey i tryed, not any more,

As to how i looked with makeup , ill use this ,you can do makeup on a pig all nicely done yet is still a lovely pig & with out the makeup.

Of cause this is two sided, so depends on how you wont to see me.

...noeleena...

Diane Smith
06-10-2013, 06:03 AM
I try to achieve the best look I can, without regard for whether it disguises my boy-mode features. I've been recognized immediately by an acquaintance when out and about once, but other times, I've passed within a couple of feet of people I knew without being acknowledged. I just try to look the way I want to look and don't think about it much.

- Diane

Angela Campbell
06-10-2013, 06:18 AM
I am disguising myself when i dress as a man.

Beverley Sims
06-10-2013, 06:39 AM
I avoid contact with friends and family, but it is difficult to recognize me in my female guise if you have seen me as a man.
I have a number of shop keepers that I keep on fooling as I can dress feminine and present a significantly different look to confuse them even as a woman.