PDA

View Full Version : Most memorable statements from reading posts in this forum

Sonya
06-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Hi all

I am not sure if a thread like this exit (most probably does) but I decided to start one anyway. Like most of you here, I read a lot of threads in this forum and I enjoy reading others experiences and contribute as much as I can.

I would like hear about your most memorable statements, advice or information that you read. Maybe something that was so simple but you never thought about it yourself or something that you read on a post that touched and enlighten you.

Well I will start the ball rolling with one of my favourite. I was reading a thread about coming out to friends and family. One particular member was replying to this thread and explaining how he told few of his good friends about his cross dressings and one or more of his friends reply was "we are/can still be friends yeah?" or something along that lines. I wish we could all have such friends, who do not judge and the friendships can go on as if the CD was not such a big deal or friendship breaker.

Love and respect to all of you, and I am looking forward to read your replies..

MysticLady
06-09-2013, 10:20 PM
I wish we could all have such friends, who do not judge and the friendships can go on as if the CD was not such a big deal or friendship breaker.

This is the best statement I've heard so far.............having friends like that would be a blessing.:)

Nikki A.
06-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Not a statement, but the idea that most people will not even look your way, and that the few who will read you most won't really care. So overall you're in good shape.

Karren H
06-09-2013, 11:51 PM
The thing I remember above all others..... was a one post wonder.... who crossdressed for the first time and passed 100% and went to a carnival and the boys were trying to looked up her skirt.... ohhh and she had a voice changing pill that made her sound just like a girl! lol. The entertainment value here is worth the price of admission!

Tracii G
06-10-2013, 12:26 AM
I'm sure it was something Karren told me. I learned a lot from her way back when.
Always solid advice.
My avatar is one of her techniques I use all the time.
I named one boob Karren and the other Hutton.LOL

Sabrina133
06-10-2013, 02:07 AM
I'm sure it was something Karren told me. I learned a lot from her way back when.
Always solid advice.
My avatar is one of her techniques I use all the time.
I named one boob Karren and the other Hutton.LOL

Well, obviously it works cause your ladies look great.

PretzelGirl
06-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Strangely enough, it was a picture in the Picture forum from someone in Europe. She had made her own satin dress and there were only two posts and they were cruel. I then replied to her as it was obviously a effort of love. Whenever I see a post from someone who isn't like me, I always think of those two replies and how aghast I was at them. I hope to never treat anyone like that.

Lorileah
06-10-2013, 11:02 PM
I think it was when Tamara replied to me once...something like "get your head out of your arse". That has stuck with me for 5 years

whowhatwhen
06-11-2013, 09:15 PM
The best posts are the ones where you or someone else gets chewed out.
If someone with more experience takes the time to point out how wrong you are it's a good indicator to take a close look at things.

:)

Most laughable memories of posters past (and present):
Being gay is a choice.
Being trans is a choice.
Anti-marriage equality stuff.
Actual, honest-to-goodness homophobia and transphobia.

Wildaboutheels
06-11-2013, 11:15 PM
One "popular" Forum Dino once declared not very long ago that: "There are only two kinds of CDers. The ones who have left the closet and the ones who want to leave" or something very close to that. And they did not bother to tag it with a lol like so many here do to cover their ________. Maybe they will step forward to claim it.

I can only wonder what a newbie thinks when they see such statements.

And then there are the plethora of FORUM MYTHS that circulate with regularity. Way too difficult to pick the "most" worst of the bunch.

docrobbysherry
06-11-2013, 11:39 PM
The ones that have made the biggest impression on me? Too many to mention here. But, most were/are made by me!

I'm often WAY too full myself here. But, I've gotten slapped around by various members over the years and even old dogs can learn. Thanks to all who aren't afraid to speak your mind honestly. One forth rite criticism can keep me on the straight and narrow more than a pile of well wishers can!

Well wishers r the ones that keep me going, however. I love u all!

Linda Stockings
06-12-2013, 01:52 AM
One of my favorites is one by Karren that I feel has helped me the most. I had been up all night trying to "look believable" in a bunch of all new outfits and heels, and taking videos to see how I looked. I was so disappointed that my walk looked like a Neanderthal. She explained how I was simply "trying way too hard". She is right. The more relaxed I can be, without swaying my hips or exaggerating my walk, looks far more feminine and "real" than anything else I can do. If I can't walk gracefully in a new pair of heels, I simply wear them inside until walking in them becomes very natural. As long as they fit well, I always seem to master them.

Thanks Karren!

Hugs,
Linda

Beverley Sims
06-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Some of the classic one liners I have seen here I have utilised for comedy routines.
Suitably edited of course.