PDA

View Full Version : I did it! I went out!

AmandaJ
06-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Wow! Talk about a confidence boost! After finally seeing myself totally transformed for the first time in my life last weekend, I immediately felt the confidence to finally go out into the world as Amanda (or Mandy as my wonderfully amazing girlfriend likes to call me :D ), so we planned to try going out this weekend. Speaking of, this amazing woman surprised me by ordering and having the cutest pair of size 13's over-nighted! Cute peep-toe wedge espadrilles in black and and I wore a khaki, front button-up dress with a black belt.

I thought I was going to be too nervous to even walk out the door, but when the time came, I felt totally confident! The plan was to go see a late movie at a no-to-busy theater with the idea that we'd get in really fast and I'd be in the dark and not have to worry about anything.

My transformation ended up taking longer than expected (my amazing girlfriend patiently worked on my make-up for like 3 hours to do eye-brow cover for the first time!) We ended up missing our show, but I was feeling so relaxed and confident that we decided to head to a different theater that was a bit busier. It was a later show and we had time to kill and I felt like I could conquer anything so we went to a nearby restaurant for appetizers and drinks before the show!

This was it, I was finally going to be in a public place totally transformed! We walked in and the hostess smiled to greet us and then and she got a totally surprised look on her face when my deep voice spoke "table for two". Lol. I could tell our waitress felt a little strange, but nobody seemed to notice or give a second thought to the fact that I was over 6 feet and goddamn fabulous. :devil:

So we finish up and head to the theater. It wasn't super-busy, but there were many more people than if we had gone to the other one. I pass by a few people...teens, adults, kids and some look, but I definitely didn't get any stares or anything out of the normal. We get our seats and settle in. The lights go down and the previews start. Then a group of younger guys come in, college age, and they walk up a few rows ahead and look back at us and point behind us. They look like the types of guys you'd expect to be kind of douchey, so I immediately start getting worried. They sit in the seats right behind us. I think they might have thought we were both women at first, but I'm positive they heard me laughing. Thankfully, all was good and no problems!

On the way out, we were walking through the lobby toward the exit doors and I could see my reflection in the glass and I felt so good! We get in the car and I feel like a millions bucks (I was driving). I didn't want to go home, I was feeling so relaxed and so confident like this that we decided to go to a wine bar.

Now finally, my nerves are kicking in a little bit as we're walking down the street and I feel the cool night air on my legs...then up the steps and I hear the people inside laughing....open the door and I see eyes on us. We walk to the bar and the bartender says "how are we doing tonight, ladies?" :D I don't say much and we take a seat at the table nearby.

Everybody was totally cool and the server didn't seem weird at all as I order our drinks and food with my normal guy voice. Is it strange that I don't feel the need or want to try and do a feminine voice? I just felt like speaking normally and being myself.

It was getting pretty late and the bar was closing, but it felt so great to be there with my love and total confidence! When we finished, we took a walk up the street to get some air and I can see our shadows cast in front of us from the street lights; just like the reflections at the theater lobby, I felt great seeing all woman!

Anyway, I'm ranting and I'm sure my thoughts are kind of jumbled, but I wanted to share my experience and get it out! It was an unforgettable night!

Here's a few pics:

NathalieX66
06-09-2013, 11:13 PM
Love it!

One for the books. Keep at it.

Eryn
06-09-2013, 11:14 PM
You two look great! I'm glad that your first outing went so well. I'm sure that you're looking forward to many more.

Be sure to show your girlfriend your appreciation for her support! She's a treasure!

Nikki A.
06-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Glad you had a good time. Give your SO a great big hug and kiss.

Jaylyn
06-09-2013, 11:35 PM
This really awesome proud of you and tell the GF tha she is a great lady for understanding and helping. My wife helps me and I can tell you she is worth her weight in gold.... Just keep building on what you and GF are doing.

Christie ann
06-09-2013, 11:42 PM
sure beats my first time out driving to a gas station and filling the car. Sounds like a fantastic evening.

Princess Grandpa
06-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Very happy for you! I can only hope our fist time goes so well.

AshleyW
06-10-2013, 12:25 AM
That's fantastic Amanda, good for you!! Your pictures look amazing, too! That black and white one is just two very attractive young women as far as I can tell. :)

That's interesting about not wanting to change your voice. I haven't gone out yet, but I've been thinking I might just use my normal voice when I do. We'll see...

Tracii G
06-10-2013, 12:34 AM
Yay for you sounds like such a great night.
Your GF is more than awesome!!
You look great in the last pic.
The pic of you two is really nice as well.

Taragirl427
06-10-2013, 12:35 AM
Congratulations! It sounds like you had a wonderful time!!!

Rachelakld
06-10-2013, 12:35 AM
Well done, and I think everyone agrees on how much fun it is to be out and about, and normally no one gives us any grief.

As for a male voice, I've at times deepened it even further when some bloke says "how's it going mate" just to play along with his "I know your not a chic" routine. I normally only use girl voice when talking to polite people, and normal voice for wife and kids

AmyGaleRT
06-10-2013, 01:05 AM
Congratulations, Amanda! Great story, and great look! (I want those shoes! Or at least the same ones in 11W. :D)

Make sure and always, always tell that girlfriend of yours how special she is.

And don't be surprised if this is the first of many more outings! :)

About your voice...if using a regular voice works for you, go for it. I personally shift to Amy-voice without even thinking about it much while I'm in that mode. But we all have to find our own style that works.

- Amy

SamBrook
06-10-2013, 01:15 AM
You look great!

Persephone
06-10-2013, 02:40 AM
Awesome!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

You look terrific! And you had a great time! What more could a girl ask?

Make sure you give extra hugs to your wonderful girlfriend!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Maria in heels
06-10-2013, 04:51 AM
You look great Mandy! I loved your telling of a wonderful night of movies and a little fun, and you and your SO are just beautiful together

natalie_cheryl
06-10-2013, 05:25 AM
it sounds like you had a GREAT NIGHT!!! GOOD FOR YOU VERY EXCITING!! wish i had the kind of support that you have from your SO

Lynn Marie
06-10-2013, 05:46 AM
Congratulations Amanda. That first time just seems so much easier when done with a friend.

Beverley Sims
06-10-2013, 05:47 AM
You have the greatest of girlfriends there, treasure her.

Jana
06-10-2013, 06:32 AM
Thanks for sharing your story. Makes me relive every last bit of my first time out totally en femme, a experience I cherish. Well done, and keep on trucking, girl!

Kalista Jameson
06-10-2013, 06:40 AM
Great story and great pics Amanda. Sounds like it was a magical night. :)

Cheers,

Kalista

Skyeyes
06-10-2013, 06:43 AM
You look great. So does your girlfriend!

Claire Cook
06-10-2013, 07:28 AM
Great story, thanks for sharing; you two look great together. Be sure to give that girl extra hugs and flowers, and you both must be looking forward to the next excursion!

Would that everyone had a wonderful GF like that!

Robbin_Sinclair
06-10-2013, 07:55 AM
You have the greatest of girlfriends there, treasure her.

Congratulations. My first was a disaster. I just wrote about it elsewhere.

Here it is: When I dress to show myself event in my CD life, it becomes sort of rote. The first time was when everything went wrong in a hotel going by myself to a musical in Chicago. Everything went wrong beforehand. I was tired, frustrated, out of time but I was still a lady. Makeup was like Alice Cooper after the second of two performances. That Christmas event will stick with me for a long time. But I was alone.

You were not alone. CD can be a lonely life but I strongly feel that this is who I am. I'm learning to take this in stride. I have given up trying to fool people. I end up looking like an old version of Klinger (Mash) anyway. I just do my best and try to be a lady. xxrbbn

p.s. The high school kids may have been laughing at anything. They're high school. It could have been a remark that women have to suffer all their lives. Too old, too ugly, too quiet, too much like a teacher they had, too much libido for the feelings they had thinking that you WERE both women. Your special. xxrbbn

slamddoger
06-10-2013, 08:22 AM
it sound like you had good time

Ceri Anne
06-10-2013, 08:25 AM
It is so freeing getting out the first time pretty, glad it went well and you relaxed as the night went on. I love getting out, it still gets nerve wracking at times, but usually is incredible, particularly if you can go with your SO or a good CD friend.

AnnabelleBethanie
06-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Wow Amanda, for me (still being very much hidden in private) that is just such an inspiring story! Having seen your pictures in the other thread I'm a little bit surprised you have only just gone out in public. Honestly, you're a beautiful lady and I never would have guessed you weren't a GG! But also, you are so blessed to have a partner that accepts and supports your dressing - I hope that when I start dating I'll be able to find someone like that!

Annabelle-Bethanie

Julie Denier
06-10-2013, 09:13 AM
Wow, what a wonderful experience! So great to have such support. You look terrific ;)

Karen_the_Cutie
06-10-2013, 09:36 AM
aw! that's such an awesome story, and you are beautiful!! you are lucky to have such an awesome girlfriend! was it hard coming out to her, or were you just open about it immediately? it's definitely an awesome feeling going out in public dressed the first time. Now you have to do it again and go shopping with her! ^-^

suzanne
06-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Fantastic! I'm glad it went so well. This should show you how easy it really is to get out there, especially when you know you can put together such a great look. There'll be no stopping you now. And your GF is a total keeper! Make sure you do everything you can to make her happy. But we all know she has the best end of the deal, since she has a BF and a GF in one! ;)

qaws123uk
06-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Sounds amazing!! You look great. Lucky you have such a great gf!! :)

Chickhe
06-10-2013, 11:27 AM
That's great, you look great! I never had much luck with eyebrow cover... improves your male look also if you prune them back. For the voice, I find it almost impossible to use a female voice...sometimes I find it entertaining to see the response when using a male voice.

AmandaJ
06-10-2013, 03:19 PM
aw! that's such an awesome story, and you are beautiful!! you are lucky to have such an awesome girlfriend! was it hard coming out to her, or were you just open about it immediately? it's definitely an awesome feeling going out in public dressed the first time. Now you have to do it again and go shopping with her! ^-^

We met online and I slipped it when she asked me about things I like to do. She thought it was a joke at the time. Later on we were talking more seriously about ourselves and I mentioned it again and she was like "really? That's so cool." We talked online for a few weeks after that and then we finally went on our first date.

Bree Wagner
06-10-2013, 03:35 PM
I was over 6 feet and goddamn fabulous. :devil:

And don't you forget it! It's great that you were able to keep such a fantastic attitude and have fun out there. That first time can be hell on the nerves so I'm glad you came through it so well. Good luck to you both on the next adventure!

-Bree

AmandaJ
06-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Congratulations, Amanda! Great story, and great look! (I want those shoes! Or at least the same ones in 11W. :D)

About your voice...if using a regular voice works for you, go for it. I personally shift to Amy-voice without even thinking about it much while I'm in that mode. But we all have to find our own style that works.

- Amy

http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Annie-Crochet-Wedge.aspx?PfId=363713&DeptId=20168&ProductTypeId=1&StyleNo=0187

It feels too unnatural for me to try and do a voice. I spoke with confidence in my normal guy voice and nobody reacted negatively to it. I think that when I go out in the future that I'm going to continue to do this.

Lori31
06-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Pics look great! And it sounds like you had fun. Way to go!

STACY B
06-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Looks like a couple of Hot Mamma's to me ,, Live it up Kid ,,, Lifes Short ,,lol,,,,

Karen_the_Cutie
06-10-2013, 07:29 PM
We met online and I slipped it when she asked me about things I like to do. She thought it was a joke at the time. Later on we were talking more seriously about ourselves and I mentioned it again and she was like "really? That's so cool." We talked online for a few weeks after that and then we finally went on our first date.

that's so awesome! I hope to meet a girl like that one day, even to just be friends with. i really need to be more open about myself to others! :]

kimdl93
06-10-2013, 07:32 PM
what a great and complete night out. Congratulations to you both for getting out there and enjoying yourselves!

Kandy Barr
06-10-2013, 08:11 PM
You two are just too cute in the b&w pic. Your a lucky girl Amanda to have such a great gf. You look very passable and I know your looking forward to many more outings.

Rachel Morley
06-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Wow.... you and your g/f sound just like me and my wife. We met online too and so she knew all about me before we got serious. We also go out together as "two girls" the only difference is that I tend to be a bit shy in public and don't seem to have quite as much confidence as you. Luckily for me my wife likes to take the lead and so tends to do most of the talking when we interact with strangers to get a table for two or buy tickets for the movie theater. That said, I'm not totally mute and I do speak to people in a softer slightly higher version of my male voice.

I think you both look fabulous and I love the black and white pic of you both together. Super cute!! I do hope your g/f friend enjoyed going out in public with you in girl mode as much as you did. Any plans to go dancing at a club together?

visitor138
06-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Congratulatiuons Amanda. You look really natural. Glad you hada great time and have asupportinve girlfriend.

MysticLady
06-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Anyway, I'm ranting and I'm sure my thoughts are kind of jumbled, but I wanted to share my experience and get it out! It was an unforgettable night!

I'm so happy for you. Its a great experience isn't it. I planning my next night out of dining and dancing myself............YAY:D

AmandaJ
06-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Wow.... you and your g/f sound just like me and my wife. We met online too and so she knew all about me before we got serious. We also go out together as "two girls" the only difference is that I tend to be a bit shy in public and don't seem to have quite as much confidence as you. Luckily for me my wife likes to take the lead and so tends to do most of the talking when we interact with strangers to get a table for two or buy tickets for the movie theater. That said, I'm not totally mute and I do speak to people in a softer slightly higher version of my male voice.

I think you both look fabulous and I love the black and white pic of you both together. Super cute!! I do hope your g/f friend enjoyed going out in public with you in girl mode as much as you did. Any plans to go dancing at a club together?

Thanks! We talked about going to a club or bar! I can't dance (or at least I've never really tried), I'm totally the worst...lol. I can't imagine how much worse I'll be in heels! I'd try it though. :p

Genny B
06-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Jealous! Great story and so happy for you. As others have said, that GF needs to be recognized for being so helpful too!

AmandaJ
06-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Jealous! Great story and so happy for you. As others have said, that GF needs to be recognized for being so helpful too!

I've been trying!

StacyPump
06-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Great for you, Amanda. You look fantastic! So comfortable and natural. You're so blessed and lucky to have such a supportive partner. Congratulations on going out into the world, and have such a wonderful night.

--StacyP

Gigi
06-11-2013, 09:54 PM
You did great. I'm so proud of you <3

AmandaJ
06-11-2013, 10:17 PM

I love you! Always! And it keeps growing, outward in a spiral!

MysticLady
06-11-2013, 10:56 PM

I love you! Always! And it keeps growing, outward in a spiral!

Awwww........You both are so cute. Don't let the little things ever come between you two.:):hugs:

Di
06-13-2013, 10:03 AM
How cool:D Great thread!
You can try what Sherlyn and I do.....I do the talking....lol but I naturally do that :o

You should try a club as Rachel suggested. When we first went out yrs back we found a local LGBT club . Lots of fun and met some great people.

VickkiSummers
06-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Very awesome! You look great, and congrats on that big step!