PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance

Taragirl427
06-10-2013, 01:22 AM
How important that one little word is! But I am not talking about attaining the acceptance of others...I am talking about truly accepting ourselves for who we are! I dont know why but my whole life I have felt immense guilt because I am a crossdresser. I have treated it like a scarlet letter. Only recently did things "click" for me and finally I am fine with who i am. I am not ashamed! And that realization makes me happy :). Just an eliphany I had and thought I would share. What a great relief!!!

Sabrina133
06-10-2013, 01:47 AM
Thanks Tara. I agree with you. Self acceptance is a major step towards happiness. Without it, i find it difficult to believe that you can be accepted by others.

suzy1
06-10-2013, 02:53 AM
Its society that always seems to dictate what’s right and what’s wrong and we can be influenced without even being aware of it if we let it.

I sometimes think of it this way. If we grew up on an island somewhere cut off from the rest of the world and we had lots of pretty dresses and shoes with us we would happily dress all day and it would never cross our mind that what we were doing was wrong. That’s because it’s not wrong. How can it be?

But we are stuck in the world we live in and that’s our problem. Or it could be our problem if we let it. It’s so easy to be brainwashed by society, by our upbringing, by our peers.

Rise above it all and free yourself from any illogical guilt.

The wise words of Suzy:eek:

Imogen_Mann
06-10-2013, 04:09 AM
I've had to wait forty three years for something similar, but it's here now and it's just SO liberating !

Lynn Marie
06-10-2013, 05:36 AM
Accepting being "guilty as charged" does seem to take a while to grow into. Not sure there's any shortcuts to freedom other than just getting used to it and eventually reveling in it.

Beverley Sims
06-10-2013, 05:44 AM
Maybe you will feel better in yourself and go forth with more confidence.
Now tht you know that you are what you are.

Kate Simmons
06-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Good work Hon. Once we accept ALL of our feelings, we can really move forward and get to know who we are and what our purpose is. :)

UNDERDRESSER
06-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Oh yes, the effect is of self acceptance is deep, and far reaching, even though you might not realize it at first. It can, and often does, occur in stages, which makes that transition hard to see, or feel. But one day, you look at yourself, and you finally see you.

Some of us can go on from that, and let parts of, or even the whole world know too. That can be even more liberating, but everyone has to understand their own situation and the consequences, but that first step, admitting it to yourself, and accepting it, critical.

suzanne
06-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Good for you, sister! The sooner someone arrives at self-acceptance, the quicker she can get on with her life as it was meant to be. Hugs!

Princess Grandpa
06-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Hug. I understand exactly what your saying. For many many years I have been able to accept you ladies (omg I'm so sorry for my youth and those of us I may have mocked). Suddenly everything made sense to me. If its ok for those girls it's ok for me too!

Truth be told I am still in hiding. Only my wife know and hopefully it remains that way! My son is my best friend and I'm sure would be accepting. I fear it would freak my daughter out.

carhill2mn
06-10-2013, 11:56 AM
I am happy for you that you have had this "epiphany". I think that being able to know and accept who/what you are is essential for happiness and emotional stability. Many people struggle for most or all of their lives and never reach this point.

Tracii G
06-10-2013, 12:03 PM
The moment you achieve inner acceptance it is a new day!
From there on out its being able to deal with it and let others see it if you so choose.Try to educate people if you can as you head down the path.

cyndigurl45
06-10-2013, 12:13 PM
I made a huge mistake a few years ago thinking I wanted the convenience of short hair so I had a cute bob cut and the next thing I knew I was no longer accepted, ewwww why is that man dressing like a girl? Kids can be cruel, so I had to dig out and buy a few new wigs until my hair grew out again.....

steeve
06-10-2013, 12:25 PM
The moment you achieve inner acceptance it is a new day!
From there on out its being able to deal with it and let others see it if you so choose.Try to educate people if you can as you head down the path.

wise words tracii,

Annette Todd
06-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Acceptance is much like respect. You have to also respect and accept others before you can gain it from others and give it to yourself. hmmmmm sounds like a possible new signature.

cheers.

Annette

Kristy 56
06-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Someone once wrote here that life begins when you don't care what anyone else thinks. I admit that it's easier said than done,but still good advice nonetheless.

Kandy Barr
06-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Acceptance is an extremely liberating state of mind. Now you have the freedom to enjoy without guilt! Im happy for you.

dawnmarrie1961
06-11-2013, 12:23 PM
One little word. "Acceptance". It means sooo much on a personal level. It can be so elusive as well. Here one moment and gone the next.
I remember a serenity poem that went something like this...

" ... give me grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other."

Maria 60
06-11-2013, 06:23 PM
I had many long years of the same guilt and very hard to understand why I did what I did and who I was. I owe it all to my wife who put it all in prospective for me. The day I told her she acted with no surprise or shock she just told me that I wasn't hurting anyone and there are far worst things I can do or be in life. We then talked for about a hour and I told her everything from the first time I dressed to that same morning that I put on her pantyhose, she asked me many questions that lead her to tell me that there was nothing wrong with me and just enjoy it. That was the day I now knew where I was with the dressing and knew where it was going and finally accepted and was in peace with myself. The best part was she then told me she didn't what me to stretch her pantyhose and cloths and we went to buy me some fem cloths. God bless her.