PDA

View Full Version : Your first time experience?

Briana90802
06-10-2013, 07:44 PM
So for my final project in my speech class I had to crossdress. It was my first time out. Scary. But I realized that since everyone has a cell phone or listens to music and just so involved in their little bubbles that no one noticed that I was drag.

Has anyone else noticed that?

Diane Smith
06-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Was the crossdressing for class your idea, or something the teacher assigned? (I could imagine an instructor getting in trouble for doing that.)

- Diane

Persephone
06-11-2013, 03:33 AM
Yes, I think it has happened to me.

My son has this friend from back in high school. She has a thing about being very pro transgender, even passed out "Transgender Day of Remembrance" stickers to the kids in school.

But so far as we know, she never had a clue about me. One reason is that she is all wrapped up in herself. I'm not sure she notices anything about anybody else.

Anyway, last week we were both in the same restaurant, only this time I was en femme. When she saw me she greeted me fondly and we all got together at one large table with her seated across from me. She launched right into her "All About Me" show, never even batting an eye about the new me sitting across from her.

A couple of days later my son had breakfast with her and again it was all about her. She never asked him anything about what he was doing nor about the new me nor did she say anything about it.

My conclusion is that she is so into herself that she never even noticed!

Please tell us more about how it went for you, perhaps a few more details about your experience.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Briana90802
06-11-2013, 08:42 AM
It was a group project. My group choose to speak about transgender people. As a result we all decided to cross dress for the speech. I of course let them know I was a crossdresser. But I did my best not to influence them in choosing a topic for the assignment.

MysticLady
06-11-2013, 09:11 AM
It was a group project. My group choose to speak about transgender people. As a result we all decided to cross dress for the speech. I of course let them know I was a crossdresser. But I did my best not to influence them in choosing a topic for the assignment.

This is very interesting. What was the reaction of the male students? I would suspect living in today's world they would be open to the idea( I could already see their little gears smoking:heehee:) Do Tell.:D

Melissa Rose
06-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Here is a possible different way of looking at this situation. The group topic was transgenderism and everyone in the group cross dressed. While it was technically cross dressing, it was done for the project by everyone so it had a different meaning to those in the audience. No one really cared much because it was probably more viewed as everyone in the group wearing a costume and not about you cross dressing. It was not much different if everyone dressed in scuba gear to talk about deep sea diving. While your cross dressing experience had a lot of significance to you, it was transparent to the audience and was not very representative of being out in public cross dressed. You are correct in most are focused on their own lives to pay much attention to you.

Changing gears a bit, I am a little bothered by the entire group cross dressing to present on the topic of trangenderism. Transgender does not equal cross dressing and by doing so it helped to perpetuate one of the stereotypes and assumption those in the transgender community are fighting to break down. If your topic was homosexuality, would all of the group dressed in leather or jeans, flannel shirts and Doc Martens?

Beverley Sims
06-12-2013, 09:22 AM
In a class as you describe, very little attention would be taken of you other than by someone else with similar interests.

Leslie Langford
06-12-2013, 09:39 AM
To your point, Briana, about the others in your group being distracted by their personal electronic devices - beware the ubiquitous cell phones and their omni-present cameras that can be whipped out and activated instantaneously - and even surreptitiously - often invading others' privacy by taking unauthorized videos and photos of them.

Who's to say that one of your seemingly distracted classmates didn't record you in full female regalia without you being aware of it (and odds are you did a far better job of it than the others since you are a crossdresser), and images of you have already gone viral on the internet. You may have been "out" before, but under this scenario, you are really out...

Not being paranoid, just realistic...it's the new normal, unfortunately...