PDA

View Full Version : Sick & tired of confusion.

dawnmarrie1961
06-11-2013, 03:21 PM

How many of you are so sick and tired of hearing somebody asking "Are you confused?" They, the under informed, seem to think that we have serious mental delusions about what we are and are not. I ,personally, think that we have only ourselves to blame for this confusion. We scream for acceptance by others while all the while ignoring the fact that we have still not learned to fully accept ourselves and our own limitations.
The fact is : "We may look like ducks. We may walk like ducks. We may even quack like ducks. But we can never truly be ducks."
The sooner we can come to grips with this simple, and plain, fact of existence the sooner we can move on to more important things, like educating a vastly under informed society about us so that we can find some way of living amongst them in harmony.
True. That might mean doing a few things that we might not feel comfortable doing because it will shine the light on us but it is far more desirable to reside in the light than to forever remain in the darkness.
What you choose to do is entirely up to you.
This is simply an attempt at developing some unity and consensus.
(I'm not exactly sure which part of the forum to post this because it is directly towards all our different groups.)

Beverley Sims
06-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Confused?
It's all in the mind.

Angela Campbell
06-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Personally I have been certified by a mental health professional as being in touch with reality, and aware of my circumstances and environment and educated as to my choices and fully able to make my own decisions thereof. I am oriented to person, place, time, situation, and reality. Confused?

Lynn Marie
06-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Wow, what a thoughtful and intelligent post. You really make a very important point. It's quite a leap from the closet to the podium, but it's something that is sorely needed to be sure. If we're ever to find even a modicum of acceptance in the society, we're going to need to be willing to actively get involved with it's education. Kind of scary, but absolutely necessary. And if not now, when? I'm a member of a group that does a little education at schools, etc. I'll be getting more involved. Thanks for the push.

Princess Grandpa
06-12-2013, 10:03 AM
For the first time in my life I'm not confused! Well maybe a little /shrug

Joanne f
06-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Well I think that you may be more right than most will realise or admit to when you say that we have not fully accepted ourselves as much as most think that they have otherwise there would not be so much hiding by so may that like to say they have accepted what they are or how they are , If there was as much self acceptance as most like to say they are why is there still so much hiding with how they are , even a lot of the ones that say they do not hide do actually hide in some ways otherwise there would be no , I have to hide it from my wife/so , I am keeping it from my children until they are older , I do not want anyone at work to know, I must go to another town to dress outside, I must not let the sales assistant know it is for me , yes we have a good excuse for not doing at least one of those things and that is why there will never be complete acceptance of what you are because the only thing that you will accept is that you are different therefore you have to hide it way from someone for what you call a good reason , complete acceptance will never happen until you accept that there has to be no more excuses for hiding it and that will never happen .

Karren H
06-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Other peoples confusion doesn't impact me.... or bother me.....