PDA

View Full Version : time to reveal the real me

girlygirl2005
12-18-2005, 03:58 AM
If this thread is in the wrong place, I apologize in advance as Im not sure where it should go. Mods, you may move it if need be.

Well, I think Ive gathered up enough courage to post a pic of the real me. As you all probably know that the pics Ive been using have been "me" in a sense, but have been heavily edited as Im self conscience about how I look. It may be because I have this image of "perfect femininity" in my head that Id love to achieve, but is too far off for me to achieve it. Thats one of the many wonders of the internet though. So I apologize to everyone if I mislead you. So, without any further hesitation, I give you, me...

Wendy me
12-18-2005, 07:56 AM
hey girlfreind we all have that image on what we want to be most girls do a bit of cheating to acive that be it breast forms, pads or shape wear .. wigs and make up ... you might say we are masters of deception...thanks for shareing your pic.. with and being honest after all thats the most importin thing ... work with what you have and add or hide what you need... nice eyes ... and love them hoops....

GypsyKaren
12-18-2005, 08:12 AM
You know, you should really smile, it lights up your whole face. Beauty is what's inside of you, the outer layer is just a shell. Be who you are, and be happy.

GypsyKaren

Nikki Dee
12-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Hi. Hun...worry not.!. there are but few who can live up to the visions we all have...so you are not alone there love...and yes, give us a smile...one that lets us see what you are feeling inside...that's where it all starts.!! Just be you.!
Love Nikki. xx

Veronica E. Scott
12-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Just remember girl beauty is only skin deep it is what comes from the heart and soul that makes us beautiful. A smile would'nt hurt though.
Love Ya.

KatieZ
12-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Smile, and use that hair to frame your face. I think you can be more passable than you realize. You have good features to work with.

Hugs

Sharon
12-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Well, it's great to meet the real you, Gg.
Now, pull back those shoulders, plant a great big smile on your face, and shout out to the world (or at least in your heart :) ), "This is me!"

Ms. Laura
12-18-2005, 10:35 AM
I agree with KatieZ, you're a little Jennifer Love Hewitt type. Work it!

KathrynW
12-18-2005, 11:31 AM
It may be because I have this image of "perfect femininity" in my head that Id love to achieve, but is too far off for me to achieve it.
I'm pretty sure many of us deal with this same thing. The femme image we envision in our head don't match up with what we see in the mirror. Of course, this goes hand in hand with self acceptance issues, etc., the whole ball of wax, which there's not much point of going into, because it's been rehashed so many times before. I wish I had the answer. Unfortunately, I don't. :confused:

girlygirl2005
12-18-2005, 12:35 PM
I just wanted to thank everybody for their support :) I love you all for helping me feel a bit better about myself!
A little more about that pic though, I took it last night at 3am, had no makeup on, was tired, bored, couldnt sleep, so thats about as plain as I get, so that explains the blah look on my face lol
When I get better pics Ill be sure to post them

ValerieToo
12-20-2005, 03:00 AM
Hi Girlygirl,

It's not misleading or deceptive to show an image expressing how you feel inside, even if you have to paint on the appropriate face.

Your feminine qualities totally shine through in this photo. Anyway what's truly beautiful is your honesty.

Smile,

Valerie

ReginaK
12-20-2005, 06:57 AM
Be very proud of yourself. You're a lot braver than a lot of us.

Holly
12-20-2005, 09:11 AM
I should look so good at 3AM! It's so nice to see you.

Deborah
12-20-2005, 02:56 PM
Don't worry you didn't mislead me. Your not the first one to try that.

It's hard enough to be ourselves without trying to be something we're not for others. So be yourself. All of us or most anyway would love to look like a GG. In most cases it will probably never happen.....no matter how much make up we put on.:D

Jillian310
12-21-2005, 09:45 PM
I think if that was the first attempt it was a pretty good one. So get that makeup on and take more when you are wider awake and can smile easier. My avatar was taken the first time I went out. ( At age 68!) A CD GF helped with my makeup and the wig. I am no raving beauty, but I was really amazed when I saw the pic and how much I looked like my sister! :angel: