PDA

View Full Version : New Phase, part II and "bad girl day"

Dianne S
06-12-2013, 09:34 AM
So as I'm getting back into CDing, I took a big plunge for me... I shaved off my beard. I've had a beard for about 17 years, but it had to go.

I haven't used makeup in that long and I tried to cover my beard using the tricks I learned here (orange lipstick to counteract blue.)

But when I look in the mirror... all I see is a guy in drag. :( There's no way I could pass and that makes me kind of depressed. Anyone else have "bad girl days"?

I just tell myself it'll take practice and (probably) better makeup than I bought in a hurry. Oh well...

Erica2Sweet
06-12-2013, 09:55 AM
To cover beard shadow, the best product I've ever come across is Ben Nye Five-O-Sharp Beard Cover. You can Google it for shopping results. Just apply it (I use a makeup sponge, but a finger will work) before liquid foundation and that's it. It only works well over a super-close shave though, just as any other beard cover would.

As far as creating a feminine face, for many of us the reality is that it's not just one or two tricks to get it done to the point of passing. A feminine appearance is the result of cumulative tweaks to one's appearance. Eyebrow thinning, hairstyle, good makeup skills, excellent close shaving skill, a good razor, all these things provide a means of working one specific area of the total appearance. If one is able to get a good handle on each of these skills, learn good technique and have the right tools, I suspect you'll be able to see the results immediately. Good bone structure and nose shape are a nice bonus as a canvas with which to work, but we don't get to change these without the help of a surgeon obviously. ;)

There are how-to everywhere including YouTube on learning all of these skills and techniques, so there's no use going into detail here.

Hope this helps!

Beverley Sims
06-12-2013, 10:53 AM
I think familiarity breeds contempt,
you see all your warts and bumps that others do not see.

Dianne S
06-12-2013, 10:58 AM
I think familiarity breeds contempt,
you see all your warts and bumps that others do not see.

Maybe. I went back up, did some makeup touchup, put a cute hairclip and scrunchy in my hair and though I still don't think I'll pass, I'm a lot happier with the result.

So, I just had to post this. Yesterday was spent working at home and dressed up in a new outfit. That evening, after I had reverted to male mode, my wife and I went for a walk. We saw a woman trying to get into her driveway across some traffic, so we waited for her rather than walking in front. As she got out of her car, she called out "Thanks, ladies!"

I said to my wife "Wow! And I'm not even trying!"

It was dark and my wife and I are both small and slim, but I was tickled pink! :)

Tracii G
06-13-2013, 02:20 PM
Always love to be mistaken for a female LOL.
Its the small things like that will make at all worth it.

Darla Jean
06-13-2013, 02:26 PM
I always think it is more your self consciousness that produces worry and fretting over whether you will pass...it's because you're in on the secret. But most folks simply don't notice all of those details (the warts and all). Moreover, spend some significant time looking at all the GG's during the day - they come in as many different sizes, flavors and looks that it would be hard to tell the difference between a CD who has taken time to dress and a real GG in most instances. It is also humbling to realize that most folks simply aren't looking at or concerned enough about you to focus on your sexual identity. So feel good about it - you're fortunate that you have an accepting spouse and one who probably also enjoys seeing you pass as her gf!

mikiSJ
06-13-2013, 03:06 PM
...and though I still don't think I'll pass, I'm a lot happier with the result.

Very few of us really pass. It is an attitude that you have the right to be who you are where you are that counts and all of the makeup in the world can't overcome an adverse attitude.