PDA

View Full Version : An offer I can't refuse

Carla Stevens
06-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Last November I confided in my best mate & his wife & told them about Carla.
They were both supportive, but have never really brought the subject up much since.
I'd occasionally mention to them that I'd had a shopping trip & had some 'Carla' time.
I'd decided that if they wanted to know more about Carla, I'd let them bring the subject up.
Last weekend at a BBQ/party I mentioned to my mates wife that I was going to a big Transgender event in July (Sparkle) (http://www.sparkle.org.uk/) & mentioned that I needed some new clothes.
Imagine my surprise when she offered to go shopping with me. :D
I'm made up that she wants to learn more about Carla & I think it will be good for both of us.
She has said that I can change at her house before heading out to Manchester or Chester.
This will certainly be a big step for me as this will be the first time any of my mates will have met Carla (only my mate & his wife know).
My mate is supportive of this & said that he might have liked to come along shopping, but having a girly shopping trip is not really his thing.:heehee:
I just need to set a day & get the day off work.

Sabrina133
06-13-2013, 04:06 PM
I think you are very lucky to have such a support group not only close but who are close to you. It can make all the difference.

Raychel
06-13-2013, 07:06 PM
That is pretty awesome that you friends are that supportive
should be a fun shopping trip.

mikiSJ
06-13-2013, 08:28 PM
I have GG friends that I wouldn't hesitate to tell, but I have no cis male friends I could even bring the subject up to.

You are very lucky to have the friends you do - shower them with love and expensive gifts and trips to exotic places.

Jodi Anne
06-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Cool, friends are great sometimes they can surprise you

Tracii G
06-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Great friends you have Carla, have fun shopping.

Jennifer Kelly
06-14-2013, 01:23 AM
I'm very jealous. No one knows about Jennifer except you fine ladies.

Have fun!

Beverley Sims
06-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Now you have a support group do not weird them out by going overboard.
Still take it all slowly.

Carla Stevens
06-14-2013, 11:39 AM
do not weird them out by going overboard.
Still take it all slowly.
That's one of the reasons I've never pushed the issue with them. I let them make the first move to ask more about Carla.
Hopefully this will be the next step in accepting who I am & feeling more comfortable within myself.
For a little background info, my 'Telling my best mate' thread can be seen on the forum HERE. (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?185252-Told-my-best-mate-about-Carla.&highlight=)

Susancd
06-14-2013, 12:35 PM
I am soooo jealous! I hope you have a brilliant time!

Kayla C
06-14-2013, 12:49 PM
It's so good to hear that your best mate and his wife have remained supportive.

Kathy Smith
06-14-2013, 02:14 PM
That's cool, Carla! Happy shopping. :)

I'll be at Sparkle too. I just booked my sunday lunch yesterday, as a matter of fact. :)

andrea lace
06-15-2013, 12:20 AM
The best time for shopping in Manchester is between September and May and most definitely before 3pm. After a good days shopping head to Old Trafford to watch the footy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ACE

candydawn75
06-15-2013, 07:41 AM
That is GREAT!! I am so jealous!! I wish I had supportive friends like that! Enjoy your day!!