PDA

View Full Version : Gender Brain Test

rocval2001
06-14-2013, 09:18 AM
I was wondering if you have done any of those on-line gender brain test? What does it say your brain gender is? More times than not they say I am female. I do not think that they are very scientific - but it is interesting considering my tendenacies.

Beverley Sims
06-14-2013, 10:24 AM
I always cheat. If I do not get the result I want first up, I skew the answers.
They are definitely scientific, they always reflect my tendencies by the fourth try at them.

Lorileah
06-14-2013, 10:38 AM
They are like the quizzes in Reader's Digest. They have no basis and are often skewed. But they can be fun

Kate Simmons
06-14-2013, 10:41 AM
I quit taking "tests" long ago. I know who I am. That is all that matters really. :battingeyelashes::)

Claire Cook
06-14-2013, 10:49 AM
We've had several posts about these. Take them with a grain of salt (and maybe peanut butter?) You can pretty much answer them in ways to give the result you'd like. I'm always on the "probable TS" side of things, just 'cuz I like giving answers that will work out that way. :battingeyelashes:

whowhatwhen
06-14-2013, 11:05 AM
I think the general consensus on things like COGATI was that it's offensive and dangerous.
Think along the lines of "GIRLS CAN'T DO MATH LOL!"

mikiSJ
06-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Simply taking the gender test skews the results in the TS/feminine direction.

If most of us took a test to determine if we were Navy Seals material, we would have results skewed in that direction.

There are valid assay tools out there that gender therapist can use, but with all tools, it is the craftsman not the tool that gets the best results.

giuseppina
06-14-2013, 12:38 PM
The only value of any tests not conducted by a qualified and licensed individual is entertainment. They should not be viewed with any diagnostic value whatsoever.

Cynthia99
06-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Its fun to take the take the tests. I have always tested as female - but have been able to go back in and retake them and test as male - which I am. Its most certain that, since I know some of the keywords that I skew the results unintentionally. But its harmless fun.

marlenesexton
06-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Simply taking the gender test skews the results in the TS/feminine direction.

If most of us took a test to determine if we were Navy Seals material, we would have results skewed in that direction.

There are valid assay tools out there that gender therapist can use, but with all tools, it is the craftsman not the tool that gets the best results.

I think anytime you take a test and you know what the purpose is, you answer the questions to fit or avoid the profile depending on what you want it to say. Besides, a group as a whole may exhibit certain traits but the individuals within that group will vary considerably. You might be the transgenderiest transgender person in the world and not be identified as such by a test.

Eryn
06-14-2013, 07:07 PM
I think the general consensus on things like COGATI was that it's offensive and dangerous.
Think along the lines of "GIRLS CAN'T DO MATH LOL!"

Of course I know that, my Barbie doll told me so!

Still the question remains whether women are said to find math difficult because their brains are different than men or because society simply expects them to find math difficult.

Angela Campbell
06-14-2013, 07:08 PM
It is not difficult.....just not worth our time!

Madeline80
06-14-2013, 11:43 PM
I took several of those recently. Apparently I am androgynous, 25-30% homosexual, and a bisexual crossdresser. I am fine with all of that. Pretty accurate though I didn't expect it to be. I am advised by the Sage Test (similar to COGIATI) not to do anything drastic like SRS, but to just enjoy gender play. Perfect.