PDA

View Full Version : woman's jeans

missjoann49
06-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Why do woman's jeans seem to fit and feel so much nicer than mens do?? Just curious
Hugs
Joann

Kathi Lake
06-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Usually because of the thinness of the material and the inclusion of a lot more Spandex than in men's jeans.

:)

Kathi

Wildaboutheels
06-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Elementally simple. Especially to anyone who has ever been in a decent sized Thrift Store AND tried on a dozen or more different styles/cuts/manufacturers in a multitude of sizes. [which mean absolutely nothing btw]

Women's shapes are a lot more varied than men's, so women have many more "fits" to choose from, "girly looking" or not. I think most any man with wider hips and/or bigger thighs would have a better chance of a good fit by at least checking women's jeans. Many of us here have found certain brands that fit/work the best by TRYING THEM ON in the store. It's a no brainer to me especially at 2 to 4 DOLLARS a pair.

It's a very easy guess that Thrift Stores get tons of CDers shopping there.

LATE EDIT: You can also cut the legs off to whatever length one desires and have them professionally hemmed for less than 10 bucks. Again, a NB I think.

NathalieX66
06-14-2013, 04:16 PM
...except in the inseam.
Not much room for extra baggage.
It is what it is.

Womens' jeans do look nice, though. I pretty much wear them all the time everywhere , including my favorite thigh-lengnth jean shorts.

Eryn
06-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Because mainstream men choose between Levi's, Lee's and Wranglers in one or two styles each and this hasn't changed for a very long time. Women choose between dozens of brands and hundreds of styles. Women are pickier about fit. Back when women first started to wear jeans they would don unshrunk jeans wet and allow them to shrink to the shape of their bodies as they dried. Manufacturers recognized this and started making the jeans out of stretch denim to provide the close fit that GGs demanded and we CDers also like.

Now, you can buy designer men's jeans that are closer-fitting and made with Spandex, but you'll pay $100+ where a pair of misses' Levis 505s or Gloria Vanderbilt Amandas can be had for less than $30 if you are a careful shopper.

Funny observation today. I normally wear women's jeans or Capris in male mode, but today I wore a pair of men's khaki cargo shorts. I find myself being annoyed because the front pockets are too deep and I have to dig to find my smartphone in them! :)

Jennifer Kelly
06-14-2013, 05:25 PM
I have the opposite problem, Eryn. I love my Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans, but get annoyed that the pockets are barely large enough to fit a smartphone in (and these have deeper pockets than some of the other women's jeans I've tried).

RADER
06-14-2013, 06:50 PM
I have been wearing Woman With-Inn 5 pocket jeans now for about 4 years.
They fit great, yes the Pockets are a little closer together in the rear than male jeans.
But I like them.
Rader

Eryn
06-14-2013, 06:57 PM
I have the opposite problem, Eryn. I love my Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans, but get annoyed that the pockets are barely large enough to fit a smartphone in (and these have deeper pockets than some of the other women's jeans I've tried).

I know! My amusement was over the fact that I'm now so used to the shallow women's pockets that I find deeper pockets annoying. I carry a purse in both modes so the only thing that goes into my jeans pocket is the one thing a GG would carry there: her smartphone.

I also notice that many women's "watch pockets" are deeper than men's, perhaps to accommodate a lipstick?

Tracii G
06-14-2013, 08:03 PM
I find womens jeans fit me better. I hate baggy mens jeans and find the thicker fabric to be uncomfortable.
Since 2006 I have worn mens jeans once or twice.

Erica2Sweet
06-14-2013, 08:36 PM
It's absolutely the spandex... :)

Tracii G
06-14-2013, 09:46 PM
+1 its the spandex.

Terraforming
06-14-2013, 09:58 PM
I never thought they were more comfortable, but they fit very well to my shape and just look damned good, so I'll always prefer women's jeans. I do miss pockets, though. I need to start carrying a handbag around...

Jenni Yumiko
06-15-2013, 03:00 AM
You would think at 1% or 2% spandex there wouldn't be much of a difference, but the spandex definitely makes for upper form fitting, plus they stretch if you eat too much :-)

Cheryl T
06-15-2013, 04:40 AM
They include more spandex, they are cut differently to hug the body rather than just drape off the waist and are in general designed to form fit and show off the shape.

k lynn
06-15-2013, 06:08 AM
like the way my VS v-cut jeans fit when I first put them on but after about 6 hours laterthen fit to loose

Beverley Sims
06-15-2013, 06:36 AM
I think it is the intimate feel of the finer fabric and the fact that you know they are not mens jeans.

Jenny Doolittle
06-15-2013, 06:50 AM
I too have been in women's jeans for Gosh... nearly 10-12 years now. It si the thin material and the spandex, no question. The only time I am in mens jeans anymore is to do something manly like cut wood, or work on a car. I feel like I am swimming in men's jeans and the fit is terrible!

candydawn75
06-15-2013, 07:59 AM
I just recently tried women's jeans and love the feel and look. Here is my problem.... Do you find it hard to get the waist size and length right?? If they are long enough (and I am only 5' 10") then waist is way big, if the waist fits then the are short or almost too short.

Oh an no idea as to why the fell better but I figure it is like most.. the extra spandex.

Elle1946
06-15-2013, 04:07 PM
What I have found out is that they have spandex in them and therefore have more give and take.

JamieTG
06-15-2013, 04:19 PM
I never liked baggy jeans that you have to wear up around your waist. I started wearing girls low rise stretch jeans from the juniors department about 15 years ago. Love the snug fit and thinner feel of the material.

Aly Cat
06-15-2013, 04:34 PM
For me, I find womens jeans comfy except for the crotch area. There is literally no room for the boys which I find extremely uncomfortable. I'm not overly large in the equipment area but apparently my wife says the ummm...bells? Are quite over sized from the average guy... At least in her experience. Because of that, womens jeans cause quite the nauseous kicked in the balls feeling if I wear them for any length of time over like 5 minutes. I wonder if you can get the inseam tailored to accomodate. H mm...if that could be done, id be all over them. Until then, I'm stuck with mens jeans.

I've even tried making it work by wearing womens jeans 3 sizes larger than what I wear and it still doesnt work out well. I just end up with pants that fall down and still don't have the room needed. :( I feel like I'm missing out here lol.

jessicapaige
06-15-2013, 06:21 PM

My S3 doesn't mind riding in my bra =P At least around the house... going out a purse is necessary.

I've even tried making it work by wearing womens jeans 3 sizes larger than what I wear and it still doesnt work out well. I just end up with pants that fall down and still don't have the room needed. :( I feel like I'm missing out here lol.

Tuck!

Leah Lynn
06-15-2013, 06:32 PM
I have one pair of men's jeans left; all the rest are women's. My only problem (albeit a small one!) is that the zippers are shorter.

Leah

andreanna
06-15-2013, 06:36 PM
I love my womens , driving all day and across the country they are way more comfortable than mens heavy baggy jeans. I love the fit and the stretch of my walmart brands and the price is really good too

Jessica Who
06-15-2013, 07:48 PM
I love the snugness, a lot of them are spandex blends :)

Aly Cat
06-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Lol I don't think I have ESS. They have always been that way. Its not the bag, but its contents that are large. Nothing I can really do about it. Tucking takes time to manage them up in their predropped locations though it can be done. For me, its just not worth everything that needs to be done to wear womens jeans. I'm seriously considering taking a course on tailoring and fashion design since apparently I have an eye for it. My fashion site is almost up to 11,000 hits in the last two months. If I could, id make all the jeans with womens jean material and style, but would allow room for the gents. Thats my goal. To make womens clothing and designs that are tailored and catered towards men as much as women. Maybe one day I will. I just gotta keep moving forward and maybe soon you all will see womens style pants with a bit of extra room on the inseam.

jessicapaige
06-15-2013, 09:18 PM
Tucking takes time to manage them up in their predropped locations though it can be done. For me, its just not worth everything that needs to be done to wear womens jeans.

Ohhhh with a little practice it shouldn't take more than 30 seconds after using the restroom or whatever ;) And then crossing of the legs is sooo much more comfortable.

Not trying to discourage you from experimenting with tailoring though!

Dana L
06-16-2013, 12:07 AM
Women's jeans are the best. The spandex adds some give but they seem to fit me better than even the relaxed fit men's. I like the Gloria Vanderbuilt Amanda jeans and capri's the best especially since the tend to run big so it's an ego boost when I fit in a size 8.

Victoria Johnson
06-16-2013, 12:27 AM
I don't wear mens Jeans or mens shoes at all any more. I've ony got two pairs of jeans and one of them the fasting button needs reparing and the other pair has a zipper on the side I'm particularly parcial to this pair. I even started thinning out some of my masculine shirts. Ithis can make shopping for a pritty blouse dificult.
p.s. Dose any one know how to rejoin as a member? I can't view my profile?

Badtranny
06-16-2013, 12:29 AM
...because they don't.

You're a cross dresser. You would prefer women's jeans if they were lined in fiberglass.

I realize that some of you need to believe this so you can convince yourself that it's okay but it's just fabric kids. Walk into any '7 For All Mankind' store and try on a pair of men's jeans and tell me they aren't comfortable. '7' uses the same fabric for both sexes and they offer several different cuts if you prefer low rise or whatever.

But, the fact remains that it wouldn't matter. You WANT to wear women's jeans so go for it. Just understand that when you tell your wife that "they're more comfortable" she knows better. ...and I sure as heck know better because I wore men's jeans for 40 years.

ReineD
06-16-2013, 01:39 AM
The spandex content and maybe the tighter styles. But I think the psychological benefit outweighs everything else! :)

In terms of sizes, I wish that we had the men's sizing system. Men have every combination of waist and inseam sizes, on top of having these same choices in slim fit, regular, or relaxed. Women on the other hand have numbered sizes (Sz 6, 8, 10, 12, etc) and they arbitrarily decide the length of the inseam for each size. There is a choice of "tall" jeans in some brands, but they're hard to find. If women can't find sizes that fit in the regular women's department, they have to go to an entirely different department like petites (even shorter inseams), or Juniors for teenagers ... everything in skinny, smaller sizes based on a numbering that denotes waist sizes: 25, 27, 29, 31, etc. But still no vast choices for inseams like the men.

I would love it if all the women's jeans were in one spot and sized like the mens. lol

Edit - As to spandex, I hate the trend of putting more spandex (or a different kind) in jeans now compared to maybe decades ago. They used to have a 1% or 2% content with only a little give, which meant that after washing, they wouldn't fall off your butt after an hour. Now they stretch so much that they become too loose, too soon in the day. And I hate to wear belts so this is not a solution. I try them on at the store, they're a perfect fit, wear them for the rest of the day and they stretch. And I hate buying a pair that is too small at the store, knowing that they will fit comfortably later in the day. This means walking around with uncomfortably (and unflattering) tight jeans for a while after each wash.

... and then the type of spandex is different for each brand! You never know which will stretch to the unwearable state, and which won't. Ugh.

Aly Cat
06-16-2013, 09:32 AM
Ya, I havent been fortunate enough to be able to try on 7 jeans, but I have to agree with badtranny. For me, if I'm gonna wear womens clothing, id rather wear skirts, dresses, etc. For me, womens jeans just don't really do it. Maybe because of the comfort Issue, I don't know. I prefer articles of clothing that allow MORE space than less. Its one of those things where maybe if I was able to make my own, I could make them exactly how I like them.... but then wouldnt they technically be considered mens jeans since I made them for me? At that point, would they have the same appeal for those who love womens jeans? Probably not.

Tracii G
06-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Eva go with your idea and make what works for you.It might be a big hit with CDers and be a very popular item.

deebra
06-16-2013, 07:57 PM
Spandex, stretch, soft cotten and close fit; to make them fit like they should you must wear panties and tuck, then enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

BLUE ORCHID
06-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Hi Miss Joann, Watch the sizes A ladies size 16 fits me way much better than a Womans size 16W that is so baggy in the seat.

daine
08-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Went to the store to get the wife some long jeans for winter . At Costco they had Amanda jeans . She found a pair and asked if I found a pair in my size .I said no they only have short sizes. She said here is your size in black get them. When we got home she wanted she wanted me to try the jeans on so she could see how the jeans fit. I put the jeans on she had me turn around. I did . Then she says now you have a nice jeans to wear when we go out to dinner with our friends. Know one will ever tell they are women's jeans. As she walked by she slapped me on the butt and said makes that look good to. It really makes you feel good when 67 years old.

Tina B.
08-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Women's Jeans feel better because they are women's jeans, they need to meet no other mark than that!

Vanessa5
08-02-2013, 01:04 PM
I love womens jeans. Gloria Vanderbuilt Amanda especially. They just seem to fit my body type best. I am with Reine though. Finding the right fit in womens can be very difficult.

Trisha65
08-02-2013, 01:26 PM
More spandex which gives them more stretch, usually a tighter fit, and of course, because they are for a woman.

Dianne S
08-02-2013, 01:45 PM
I love womens jeans. Gloria Vanderbuilt Amanda especially.

+1 to that! I'm wearing a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans now. They fit me really well (I'm small and fairly slim) and are very soft and comfortable.

Eryn
08-02-2013, 02:03 PM
I just recently tried women's jeans and love the feel and look. Here is my problem.... Do you find it hard to get the waist size and length right?? If they are long enough (and I am only 5' 10") then waist is way big, if the waist fits then the are short or almost too short.

You can get tall, extra tall, and even ultra tall lengths if you look. An 8 tall is a 33 inseam in Amandas.

Lorileah
08-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Plus look at the cut. Target has a 1-6 system. If they are too big at the waist you may be buying the jeans that are cut to ride lower on the hips.

suchacutie
08-02-2013, 09:33 PM
The cut is completely different. A few years ago I had lost 30 pounds and needed new jeans. I bought new Levi guy jeans and my wife thought they fit terribly. I bought a pair of low-rise VS jeans and they fit perfectly. I haven't bought mens jeans since.

Mens jeans are simply baggy, even those said to be "fit". Women's jeans are body conscious.

lingerieLiz
08-02-2013, 09:49 PM
One night I had on a pair of women's jeans and my daughter said, wow those are the best fitting jeans you've ever had. Today I have 1 pair of men's and several pairs of women's. The one pair of men's are the last of them.

While men's jeans come in waist and length and a few different cuts, women's have different rises and in my case lengths that fit me.

Loni
08-02-2013, 10:15 PM
the cut of women's jeans is just so much better than guy jeans, never liked the baggy look, some even make you look like you are caring a full load around.
tucking??? no need for me after getting a cancer. the junk is almost not there.
tight looks good even.

Brenn
08-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Women's Jeans feel better because they are women's jeans, they need to meet no other mark than that!

For most crossdressers, that is the main reason. However, the lighter fabric and spandex also helps a lot too. I find it strange that the attempt to put spandex in men's jeans failed miserably back in the 90s. I find it really does make jeans more comfortable.

Cheryl Ann Owens
08-03-2013, 01:47 PM
I love women's jeans just because they are way more comfortable and fit me better. I have some with elastic waistbands and it sure beats having to wear a belt. Times have changed for men's jeans but I used to hate many years ago breaking in a new pair and having to wash them a few times. Like wearing men's BVD's, it was like a layer of coarse denim on burlap. Give me panties and a nice fitting pair of ladies spandex close fitting jeans and I'm happy and comfy!

Cheryl

wilt575
08-05-2013, 12:42 AM
They include more spandex, they are cut differently to hug the body rather than just drape off the waist and are in general designed to form fit and show off the shape.

Cheryl I do agree with you 101% mother nature was very "good" to me in the shape and form dept. nice wider hips (36w/46/48hip) and curvy derriere. So there a natural for me

prene
08-05-2013, 02:33 AM
For me
I love the spandex and I have a waist and thunder thighs therefore they fit better.

Aneline
08-05-2013, 11:14 PM
They're softer then men's jeans! I love the feel of the fabric.

Shayna
08-09-2013, 01:10 AM
Truthfully, I didn't try them for the fit, I tried them because they're omens jeans. BUT, they are lighter and I do find the lower rise more comfortable and they seem to be more flattering on me than men's jeans which end to sag too much.

Celeste
08-09-2013, 04:41 AM
I love everything about women's jeans.I went through a little learning curve trying to squeeze into them too.....purchased about 7 pair in my trials with them.I had to get it right. Women's jeans are so different and we do not have the same waist to hip ratio's..

I think most cd's should consider a tailor fit.I went through this at my local cleaners when trying to get a pair of olive green skinnys taken in.The seamstress just had me put them on and stand on a stool while she measured it all up.Personally,I don't think they look good on us unless the fit is perfect. So it is all perfectly doable to just go in there and have this done.

prettygirl4
08-09-2013, 07:41 AM
I agree! Women's jeans are so much more comfortable than mens. The size 11 fits me perfectly. I think it's because they have some spandex making them more stretchable. Lovesick Jeans is my favorite brand. This is the pair I bought last week at Hot Topic.

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Girls/Jeans/LOVEsick+Hot+Pink+Destroyed+Super+Skinny+Jeans-731300.jsp