PDA

View Full Version : A long way from denial. A long way to go

Princess Grandpa
06-14-2013, 06:44 PM
I am fortunate to be able to dress for several hours each day. My wife and I have the place to ourselves between the hours of 7:30 am and 2:00 pm. After the last person left our house I got dressed. I polished my nails, put on lipstick and went about my morning chores. It's quite thrilling to go about these daily tasks dressed up.

As I reached a point I could relax for a bit, my wife came out and informed me we had to go to kaiser. I put away my dress and heels, and changed from my frilly bra and panties to a pair of panties less likely to be noticed.

I was preparing to remove my fingernail polish, when I suddenly got a spurt of courage and informed my wife I was going out with my nails painted. We went and had her blood drawn, went out to breakfast, wandered the mall all the while my nails are a pretty red.

My toes are usually painted now, but of course they only show during the morning hours or when I'm locked in my room. To be out in public was an amazing thing. There were a few times I felt the need to put my hands in my pockets. The waitress giggled the first few times she walked away from or table. All in all a very satisfying time and good reinforcement that I'm fine the way I am

At some point during the day my wife put a flower Barrett in my hair. All in all I have to say I am really enjoying discovering my inner girl! She is so different from the dude in me it's funny!

Wildaboutheels
06-14-2013, 08:03 PM
You've crossed over that imaginary CDers line in the sand into the world of REALITY, PG.

Congratulations!

The majority of people out in the world have bigger worries than why a man would wear nail polish or a woman might wear beat up "combat" boots.

ONLY Cders obsess over such things.

Who knows what's next for you.

"to a pair of panties less likely to be noticed".

Huh?

I'm still chewing on that one.

Princess Grandpa
06-15-2013, 10:04 AM
The ones I had been wearing had lots of ruffles. /shrug.

Beverley Sims
06-16-2013, 08:58 AM
You are gaining acceptance of yourself and self denial is diminishing.
You probably are making good progress.

Barbra P
06-16-2013, 09:27 AM
I too belong to Kaiser, while I haven’t worn fingernail polish I have worn toenail polish and sandals. None of the nurses have ever commented although I have caught a few smiles. My Wife and I have the same Physician and she has commented that she (my Physician) liked the color I was wearing on a couple of occasions. Being Southern CA about all I wear is sandals

I go to a different location for my therapy sessions and I have gone to that health center en femme. I’ve been several times but I still find it a bit scary walking in, but once I’ve crossed the lobby and I reach the elevators I seem to settle down. I was a bit surprised that Kaiser offered HRT; one of the women I met at a local support group was transitioning through Kaiser, and my Therapist suggested HRT for me – Wife said no.

Lynn Marie
06-16-2013, 10:18 AM
Good start to the great adventure. Hopefully you and your wife will someday be able to shop together as girlfriends while you still remain the "man" in her life.

linda allen
06-17-2013, 08:52 AM
If you're going to go out with colored polish on your fingernails, you might as well go all the way. That is, wig, boobs, padded panties, dress, etc. Don't forget your purse.