PDA

View Full Version : i just spent a small fortune x_x

Karen_the_Cutie
06-14-2013, 11:42 PM
well i went into a walmart tonight (i know not the best place for cute clothes usually, but this one turned out to have some reallllly cute stuff) I got myself a dress, a skirt, some leggings, cute skinny jeans, and 2 really cute tops! i spent more than i intended, ...and now i have a pile of clothes that i literally have nowhere to hide because i already have too much. i think it may be time to come clean to my mom :heehee: i think she will be okay with it, her brother dates guys, and she goes out to gay clubs with him sometimes to go dancing. maybe i can go with them dressed up! ^-^

now i just need to summon up some courage and go talk to her. :S

oh and of course pics of me in my new stuff to come soon. (probably Monday!)

~Joanne~
06-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Your right, wally world isn't the place for cute clothes but every now and then they do have something there that is worth having and the price is great also ;) It's not hard to spend more than intended, I do it almost all the time lol but you got some great clothes to add to your collection and you seem happy about it so all is well!

The back story of your mom and brother leads me to believe that she would understand and you should probably tell her. Having a gay brother that she fully accepts means the road has been paved for you, all you have to do is go down it. I know it's easier said than done but you want to go out right? ;)

Karen_the_Cutie
06-15-2013, 12:10 AM
i was in boy mode while shopping. i do that often, and nobody looks twice. i guess cause I'm very calm about it. Today was only the second time I tried on clothes in store, the attendant today didn't even bat an eye. The first attendant I asked thought it was adorable, and wanted to see me, but I wasn't shaved at the time so i thought I would look silly. She did however suggest that I would look good in a white dress, and i told her I already had one (which I do!) :P she seemed surprised, but she was very sweet, and smiled and waved the next time she saw me in the store :D

Alexis.j
06-15-2013, 02:20 AM
Lol, yeah, I know how quickly the costs add up when shopping, but we simply MUST have that item we see ( think thats the woman in us...)
If I look at what I've spent so far, its scary...

Mmm, my mom knows, but I don't think she really understands what I am... she also thinks its a phase im going through. .. but says she supports me anyhow.

Beverley Sims
06-15-2013, 07:03 AM
Karen lots of luck with your revelation, I do hope it goes well.

MissTee
06-15-2013, 07:14 AM
Good luck with your Mom, Karen.

JBPerry
06-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Good luck! I told my mom earlier this year....was so scared for her reaction......wasn't as bad at all as I thought!

Jaylyn
06-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Good luck! I told my mom earlier this year....was so scared for her reaction......wasn't as bad at all as I thought!

Good luck with your Mom, Karen.

Sometimes I think our moms would have a better understanding of it than our dads would, especially mine. My mom probably would have laughed, after all she is the one that dressed me in a dress first.

CherylFlint
06-15-2013, 02:17 PM
You really need to shop at consignment and thrift stores.
ALL of us should.

Kandy Barr
06-15-2013, 03:51 PM
My mom found me out by accident back in the 80s, it wasn't such a good thing though she did come around after some research and therapy sessions. It would be better if you told her and it would be out in the open. I completely understand about the expense, Kandy is an expensive girl, ha ha, more so than her counter part. You should try some thrift stores, lots of times I've found really nice things for practically nothing. You just have to take your time and look the article over closely. Good luck with your mom!.

Karen_the_Cutie
06-15-2013, 07:26 PM
well i haven't told her yet, but i am gaining more confidence in telling others, as I went to get a fathers day card today, and of course browsed through the ladies clothes, and found another adorable top for $5. I wasn't sure of the fit, and there was a cute young girl working the fitting rooms, and when I asked to try on this adorable pink top and a black dress, she was surprised, and seemed a little confused at first, but was quickly on board. She said I had picked her favorite color, and asked to see these "breast enhancers" i had picked up. She said she hears they are awesome but hadn't tried them yet. I asked for help finding a strapless bra because the top i chose had one strap going up behind the neck, and she said she wasn't sure of my size. i told her 36b and she giggled a little, and gave me some suggestions. she was super sweet, and seemed very understanding. Definitely a great experience and a step towards coming out in the open ^-^ I think I'm just gonna start hanging my dresses and stuff in my closet and wait for my mom to ask :heehee:

Jennifer Kelly
06-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Hmm, you must be younger than me. I think my mom would flip out if I told her. I know my dad would.

I've never thought of Wally World as a place to get cute clothes, but it's my go-to place for pantyhose because I can get them so much cheaper than anywhere else.

Good luck with telling your mom.

Emogene
06-15-2013, 10:15 PM
Karen, just a few thoughts on your most recent post.

Just putting your things in the closet where she will find them is probably not the optimum solution. I say that because 1. You have to wait for an unknown length of time for her to see the items; 2. She may not choose to mention the find to you; 3. Neither of you have an opportunity to watch the face and body language of the other which is an important part of communications, this allows you to give more information and she has an opportunity to ask questions.

Good luck! If your mother is like mine, she may not understand but she will most probably love unconditionally!

Karen_the_Cutie
06-15-2013, 10:38 PM
@emogene: yeahh i know whatcha mean. She would definitely ask me though, she's not shy. I'll figure out a way to bring it up soon i think. it's gonna be awkward for me at first, but honestly so is going up to some random girl in a store and asking to try on a women's clothing, and I can do that just fine :P

docrobbysherry
06-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Funny, Karen, after over 5 years here, I've NEVER heard that reason before.

That u must tell your mom because u can't figure out how to hide your stuff!

Karen_the_Cutie
06-15-2013, 11:37 PM
ahaha, well i have a pretty extensive collection, and i just can't bring myself to get rid of any of it. and sometimes she will take my stuff out of the laundry and hang it up in my closet for me. so it's bound to be discovered at some point. I'm glad i can contribute a new experience to the forum though :P lol

Vickie_CDTV
06-16-2013, 04:18 AM
When I was Karen's age, I had the same problem, lack of space, and I had one nosy parent with no respect for my space (my father.) I told my mother first, partially in case he found my stuff... and that did happen to me... he eventually confronted me later... took 10 years off my life... still makes me shake when I think about it

AmyGaleRT
06-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Karen, yes, it's possible to find some good clothes at Walmart...especially for you, since you probably wear straight sizes, but even for us plus-size ladies. When Sabrina and I go there we have to exercise a lot of self-restraint to stay away from the clothes! We managed to do so late Friday night, especially noteworthy since I was en femme at the time, but we did wind up buying four new bras--three for her, one for me. And she got a new pair of shoes...and there was a pair I wanted to get, but didn't want to spend the money, given what we were spending already. :)

- Amy