PDA

View Full Version : Post Office - ID needed to pick up a parcel

Catherine Hopkins
06-15-2013, 05:04 AM
OK - this probably wouldn't work in the USA where you all need formal ID but here in the UK, we don't. The Post Office will take a passport, driver's licence, credit or debit card as ID.

So Brantano's sent me my shoes recorded delivery and we were out. I got the usual red card and sent my evil older brother down to fetch them this morning.

Just as well he got me a few credit cards as I gave him my Visa card to show the man at the counter. He does have his uses ;)

Shoes are good too :)

Beverley Sims
06-15-2013, 06:59 AM
I think it depends on the post office a bit.
Credit card sounds ok, I usually give my passport.
Especially when they prefer drivers licences.

Jilmac
06-15-2013, 10:02 PM
I've never needed an ID to pick up a parcel. Whenever I got the notice (I believe the card was green), I simply turned it in at the post office and received my package.

Jaylyn
06-15-2013, 10:15 PM
Our UPS man will the packages on my or in my pickup even when we are not home. At the post office they just hand you the package with out the notice they send you that you have a package. It's nice in some ways to live in a small town but I still order my gal stuff in a plain box. No reason to spread gossip but could answer with "Dang wonder what my wife bought now".

Catherine Hopkins
06-16-2013, 05:20 AM
order my gal stuff in a plain box

Mine just comes as is and addressed to Catherine ;)