PDA

View Full Version : Sister Radar

michelleddg
06-15-2013, 03:47 PM
So, we all have, to a greater or lesser extent, "sister radar". We're on the lookout for our sisters, we worry about and plan how we are going to handle coming across our sisters, and we harbor secret wishes for sister encounters. This is a topic that's been covered many times in this forum.

The other day I had my annual visit with my urologist. Wow, that's a boy's club if there ever was one. In walks a sweet young thing, tall and attractive if a bit ungainly, black dress, black high heels and nylons. Nylons! This is Houston in June, for goodness sake, no one wears nylons in Houston in June, except...DING DING DING! Sister alert, radar beeping through the roof.

My excitement is short-lived as she takes a seat next to her husband and strikes up a conversation in an undeniably female voice. Oh well, next time, and the scenery in the waiting room has improved ten fold, so that's nice...Hugs, Michelle

sandra-leigh
06-15-2013, 03:57 PM
She might have been trans.

Persephone
06-15-2013, 05:22 PM
told my general practice doctor that I felt weird about going to the urologist en femme and she said, "Why? Women sometimes need urologists too." Still not sure I believe her.

Hugs,
Persephone.

I Am Paula
06-15-2013, 05:27 PM
My endo is the only Dr. in a large radius that deals with trans patients, so it's a regular occurance to meet new girls each visit. I've even swapped phone numbers with one.

Kim_Bitzflick
06-15-2013, 07:05 PM
I have to go to the urologist once a year because of kidney stones. My daughter has kidney stones as well & she goes to the urologist.

wilt575
06-15-2013, 08:02 PM
I
So, we all have, to a greater or lesser extent, "sister radar". We're on the lookout for our sisters, we worry about and plan how we are going to handle coming across our sisters, and we harbor secret wishes for sister encounters. This is a topic that's been covered many times in this forum.

The other day I had my annual visit with my urologist. Wow, that's a boy's club if there ever was one. In walks a sweet young thing, tall and attractive if a bit ungainly, black dress, black high heels and nylons. Nylons! This is Houston in June, for goodness sake, no one wears nylons in Houston in June, except...DING DING DING! Sister alert, radar beeping through the roof.

My excitement is short-lived as she takes a seat next to her husband and strikes up a conversation in an undeniably female voice. Oh well, next time, and the scenery in the waiting room has improved ten fold, so that's nice...Hugs, Michelle

I've got one for the books, I developed kidney stone problems maybe twice a year for couple years if I didn't follow diet and meds closely. I always enjoyed my visits though. He shared large office with his wife, her exam room on one side and his exam on other with one receptionist and large waiting room and always felt comfortable how ever I was Dressed. His wife was an OB-Gyn always felt at home in the waiting room among gg's. It was funny when you call they answer Dr. smith's office which Dr. Smith are you calling for please.

Laura912
06-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Actually one of the better urologists at our institution was female. Because of some stress urinary incontinent issues, women are often referred to urologists and renal cancer really does not care what the gender of the owner is. The urologic oncologist may be a woman. Maybe the woman in the OP just got those heels.

docrobbysherry
06-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I've got that "Sister radar", too, Michelle! And, since I'm almost never out in vanilla land dressed, I'd be in drab when I meet "her". I've thot long and hard about what I should say.

If I accidently bump into her and she says in a bass voice, "Dam u", as one of her breast forms falls on the ground, I'll say, "Excuse me, mam!"

Even if I'm 99% sure she's a CD, that seems to cover ALL the possibilities!

Kate Simmons
06-16-2013, 05:00 AM
We develop what I call "CDar". Takes one to know one more or less.:)

Claire Cook
06-16-2013, 05:47 AM
told my general practice doctor that I felt weird about going to the urologist en femme and she said, "Why? Women sometimes need urologists too." Still not sure I believe her.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Women have urinary tracts too. As to how to react to a "sister": I try to react the way I expect people to react to me: show respect for the gender that is being presented.

Beverley Sims
06-16-2013, 08:29 AM
When in search of the holy grail, beware of mistaken identity.

Lynn Marie
06-16-2013, 10:41 AM
A CD on the arm of a gentleman is validated. There's just nothing better, and it just may be every "girls" fantasy. This is the most effective "stealth" mode imaginable. A comment such as "you make a gorgeous couple" is the only thing you can say!