PDA

View Full Version : Laser Session - Good & Bad

Cindy M
06-16-2013, 10:17 AM
I had a laser appointment yesterday, #7 of 9. I went to #6 as Cindy for the first time. I also went to a Sigma Epsilon meeting before, so I was dressed.

The Bad: I have marks on my face today. The settings are getting higher and it did a little number on my face. Looks better today but still visible.

The Good: The woman at the counter greeted me when I walked in. She gave me a Diet Coke and said the tech was almost ready for me. A couple of minutes later the tech lady stepped out holding my chart and said to me... "come on back Cindy".
When I asked how she knew my name, she told me it was noted on my chart.
That made my day! :)

Kim_Bitzflick
06-16-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm glad you had a good experience. I had laser done on my beard. I never really had redness past a few hours. On the bad side, I started too late & it couldn't get the grey hairs.

Cindy M
06-16-2013, 01:59 PM
I started too late & it couldn't get the grey hairs.

Yeah, I know. That's why my electrolysis lady is working on the gray that's left. That's pretty much all that's left, but I still see another year at the rate I'm going. (1 hour a week)

NathalieX66
06-16-2013, 05:43 PM
I've never had marks on my face after laser, what's up with that?

Abbygirl
06-16-2013, 06:14 PM
Everybody reacts differently. I'm one of the unlucky ones- my face and neck was red and splotchy for more than a month. Wasn't sure I was going to continue treatment as it looked terrible and was quite obvious. It just took time to heal. My second session will be at much lower settings! It'll take longer but it's the path I have to use.

Rogina B
06-16-2013, 08:05 PM
It is quite common to have some hair follicles react to the heat of the laser and sort of erupt.Happened to me on both ends of my mouth. Swelling went away in two days.

Beverley Sims
06-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Cindy,
That is the type of salon to go to, one where they remember who you are and who you want to be.