PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to give up CDing in the summer?

GinaM
06-17-2013, 06:05 AM
My wife is a school teacher and doesn't know about my CDing. (at least she doesn't admit she knows) This is basically her last week of work so for the next 2 months I prob. won't get to dress and if I do it will only be a few times at most. I may plan a day or 2 away where I can dress though. The great news is that our son will be starting full day preschool in the fall so I'll have WAY more time to dress than the 2 hours I get a few times/week. I really can't wait.

BLUE ORCHID
06-17-2013, 06:30 AM
Hi Gina, That's not a problem for me but it sounds like you are between a rock and a hard place.

Kandy Barr
06-17-2013, 06:38 AM
No Gina, it doesn't change for me, but I'm at different stage in life than you, and different circumstances. I pretty much am able to live as Kandy 24/7, but I've paid my dues and put in my time when dressing wasn't as easy to do, so hang in there, your time will come. From what I can tell from your avatar you are very pretty, so patience my dear.

Launa
06-17-2013, 06:43 AM
Sorry to hear this, I won't be giving it up this summer I'm going to ramp it up instead and have smooth legs, manicures, pedicures and short dresses all summer long!

linda allen
06-17-2013, 07:14 AM
My wife is a school teacher and doesn't know about my CDing. (at least she doesn't admit she knows) This is basically her last week of work so for the next 2 months I prob. won't get to dress and if I do it will only be a few times at most. ....................

If you're hiding your dressing from your wife, you will eventually get caught and that's no fun. Try to find a way to tell her that you enjoy dressing as a female from time to time. If you bring it up the right way, there's a good chance she will accept or at least tolerate it as long as it's not around the children.

Otherwise, consider this - You're sitting here in the middle of June wishing the summer was over so you can dress.

shawnsheila
06-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Hi Gina, I have a slightly similar situation, my wife is a school teacher but she knows about my CDing. The only thing is that I will not go en femme in front of my kids so while they are out of school, Sheila stays in the closet unless I have a triess meeting or the kids go away to summer camp for the week. I feel you pain because I love to show of my legs, especially in the summer when I can wax/shave them smooth

Karen_the_Cutie
06-17-2013, 11:55 AM
i don't have to give it up, but i change it a little. unfortunately I don't feel comfortable shaving my legs in summer, as I feel weird and would get questions about it when I wear shorts out and about as a boy. Spring and Fall are my favorites, warm enough for dresses and skirts in girl mode and cool enough for pants in boy mode to help hide my shaved legs ^-^

although i suppose i could use the runners/swimmers excuse and say it makes me faster :heehee:

Jenni Yumiko
06-17-2013, 12:24 PM
For the most part due to my kids all being home all day long for the summer, it pretty much stops everything short of underpants, since they are lovey huggy kids. They would feel a bra strap and be like WTF.
My wife however is now home also for the summer and doesn't really approve of the fully dressing which also puts me in a bind, otherwise known as grumpy man until summer ends.

Cheryl T
06-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Before I came out to her I used to be very cautious in the summer but never "gave it up".
Now it's just summer and I get to wear my cute shorts and sandals more.

marlenesexton
06-17-2013, 06:14 PM
Take up fishing, go on fishing trips. A few years back I traveled to a little fishing town in California alone to fish. Got a nice little motel room and brought along a few feminine things to wear around the room. I actually went fishing though so I was tired and beat at the end of the day. Still, it was nice to slip into some pantyhose and heels, and wolf down the pizza or burgers I brought back to the room.

S. Lisa Smith
06-17-2013, 07:13 PM
I always give up CDing for the summer. It gets too warm here and I can't shave my body and surf. All my friends would give me grief. Lisa season ends when we get out of wetsuits and begins when we don them again for the late fall.

Eryn
06-17-2013, 07:17 PM
Hiding it from your wife is very dangerous, but you've already been told that. Having her in the loop would solve your dilemma, though!

Summer is my favorite time to dress, what with all those cute dresses, Capris, skirts, pretty tops, etc. My toes can show and all the colors are so pretty!

Tracii G
06-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Won't put a crimp in my style at all I love the summer.

Kathy4ever
06-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Summer cramps my style a little. The kids stay up later so I have to wait later and then just get less sleep if I want to enjoy it longer. I have some family matters that need more attention right now but when that is over I will be treating Kathy to some outings.

MissTee
06-17-2013, 11:27 PM
I would work on easing the spouse into the secret world. It's so sad to me to see people here write about "can't wait til the family goes away," or the wife goes out of town, kids back to school, etc. If there's anything we do that's make us look perverse it's when we would rather deny our own families in order to dress up. Sorry if that sounds harsh or like a rant. I've lost a child and a grandchild I raised as my own and those loses have taught me that family should always, always come first. Never wish them away. Ever.

Beverley Sims
06-17-2013, 11:31 PM
Sometimes it is difficult weighing family values and crossdressing together.
Some balance has to be achieved.

Tracii G
06-17-2013, 11:37 PM
Balance is the key to life.
Family is important but your own life is important too.

danielle512
06-17-2013, 11:56 PM
I don't really give it up, but my desire to dress up is very very small, virtually nonexistent. Golf takes over for me. Plus, my tan lines are horrible for summer clothes.

bridget thronton
06-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Dressing in the summer is cooler and more relaxed (pants are too warm in the summer)

AllisontheGoddess
06-18-2013, 12:30 PM
NY dressing schedule definitely changes in the summer. Being a college student I have to go home in the summer and then I work so i dont really have time. Also I live with my mother and she would never understand even if I tried to explain to her. Though personally I prefer to dress in the colder months. I love fall and winter fashion :) <3

stephNE
06-18-2013, 12:34 PM
I have been cross dressing for fifty years, going out in public for the last thirty and I haven't yet stopped because of the season.
However, I used to be a seasonal leg shaver. In previous years I only shaved them in the cooler/colder months because when in dude mode, I would wear long pants, and in the summer left them hairy to wear shorts. This meant that in the summer to go out I would have to wear pants or tights (very hot!).
But this year is something new. I have kept my legs shaved for the summer for the first time. I have two sons, who don't know that I CD, who still live at home, and so far they haven't noticed.

Stevie
06-18-2013, 01:04 PM
I can relate and besides I prefer winter fashions over summer.

_jenni_
06-18-2013, 02:41 PM
I can relate and besides I prefer winter fashions over summer.

+1 I have found the same thing...

Bethany_Anne_Fae
06-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Not any more :0 I've discovered new life in texas... i.e... going places at night with good air conditioning lol. Seriously, we go from our air conditioned cars, homes, offices off to clubs, shopping or whatever. Now I don't go out in the sunshine where the heat hits 100+, but I wouldn't do that in guy mode either lol.

Bethany

stefan37
06-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Those of you fearing shaving your legs. Most will not notice and those that do respond that is more hygenicand you feel cooler. It really is a non issue. Your fear and self consciousness is the biggest obstacle.

GinaM
06-18-2013, 08:15 PM
I would never share this side of me with my son but I'm hoping to be able to share it with my wife. I'm slowly working on it with her but I first have to tell her. :) She is understanding and when she asks why I kept it from her she will understand that I'm embarrased about it. That said, I will be sure to take a 2 day trip away this summer. :)

reb.femme
06-19-2013, 05:40 AM
Hi Gina,

Luckily summer changes nothing for me except getting out of the house unseen in the evenings :)

Also a recent health condition has made my leg hair very patchy, like a moulting camel, so shaving them is not an issue, as they look better that way. Every cloud and all that :heehee:

Been out to my wife for just over a year, so I remember all too well those stolen moments. Happy summer dressing to you, whenever that may be!

Reb

Raychel
06-19-2013, 05:44 AM
My Raychel time is on the weekends, Saturday and Sunday from 6am to 10am.

everyone in the house know about Raychel and they all sleep very late on the weekends.
so it is a perfect time for me.

Doesn't really matter what time of year it is.

Paula_56
06-19-2013, 07:04 AM
I stop shaving my legs in the summer so that doesn't look good, I tend to dress in dresses and suits, I wish I could wear a sundress or capri's like cisgendered women but it wouldn't look good. so becasue of that I tend to dress a lot less in the summer

GinaM
06-19-2013, 07:33 AM
The good news is that I was able to dress yesterday and currently during the week I only get to dress in 2 hour increments. When back to school starts it will be so much better because I will get 5-6 hours to dress during the days which will be fantastic. I use to have that freedom but since we moved my schedule is so much different. Can't wait to be able to dress more. That said, I really just enjoy the summer with my family which is my favorite time of year. I can go weeks without dressing up so it shouldn't be too bad.

Dianne S
06-19-2013, 10:43 AM
Summer is bad for me because the kids are home from school. There's almost never a decent stretch of time when all the kids are out at the same time. :(

Carroll
06-19-2013, 11:17 AM
I got lucky this year, both my kids are going to summer day camp through August.

CherylFlint
06-19-2013, 04:34 PM
In the long run, there’s no downside to just being plain honest.
Try it, but lay the groundwork with a little bit of finesse.

Dana L
06-20-2013, 12:00 AM
I used to seasonal shave, but since I got an epilator they look more like I just never had hair. So far nobody has noticed or said a thing. My hair was light and thin on my body anyway. With my kids home from college for the summer there isn't much Dana time since it seems one of them is always around. My wife knows about my dressing and is fine with it, sometimes I think she accutually encourges it. There will still be some warm weather after they go back to school. Then I can breakout the capris, cute tops, sundresses and maybe the bikini. Till then wait for a possible window of oportunity.

cdrachael
06-20-2013, 06:42 AM
Its mostly summer in Australia so would be sad if I couldn't dress in summer. On the other hand the dresses and skirts I own are mostly summer stuff so winter is an issue, only because its cold. I'll still shave though really can't stand body hair.

Richelle423
06-23-2013, 03:27 PM
I shave all the time especially in the summer.If someone asked me why I shave I would tell them that I do it so I don't get ticks and catch Lyme disease when I go hiking. Case closed

Jana
06-23-2013, 04:51 PM
I share your pain. Summers are the worst for the same reason. August can't come soon enough... ;)

karynspanties
06-23-2013, 05:31 PM
Hell no!!! I just wear a cotton cami top, denim skirt and go for a walk in the park.

docrobbysherry
06-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Good point, Gina! My daughter being out of school was the last straw for me!

I gambled and struggled to dress around her college schedule last semester. With some near misses and close shaves. But, it was her being around pretty much every day and nite this summer that made me tell her about my dressing last week.

NANNETTE
06-26-2013, 01:37 PM
I am alone every weekend so it doesn't really matter. As I have been spending more weekends alone over the last few months I am able to dress for longer which is great. On a Saturday I frequently dress from about three in the afternoon until three the next morning. It's girly paradise for me.

Stephanie47
06-26-2013, 02:58 PM
I am a retiree and my wife is still working as a school teacher. The kids are long gone from the home. When school is in session I get to do want I want from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM five days a week. Of course that means I get plenty of time to be Stephanie. I do all of the domestic chores en femme a la June Cleaver of the 1950's and 1960's. I do the laundry, ironing, cooking, baking, vacuuming, changing the linens, etc in a pretty dress and all proper undergarments and heels. Of course, I do have time, weather permitting, to eat my breakfast and lunch outside.

During the summer Stephanie has almost no opportunity to come out and "play." I no longer will make any effort to grab a few crumbs of time. It's all or nothing. As long as I know there will be time for Stephanie the first Wednesday after Labor Day I can endure this "hardship." My wife knows I CD. She is not accepting. So, it's DADT. I do not push any of this onto her. It is my private time for serenity and peace, not conflict.

andrea lace
06-26-2013, 05:42 PM
my oldest son finished school in may so I haven't been able to dress for a couple of months. I went to bed early tonight and managed to paint my left finger nails. Just in case we meet going to the loo I have kept my right finger nails untouched. I am starting to feel a little twitchy and long for the day when I can totally go the whole hog and dress to excess. My lad starts 6th form in September so I am hopeful that the months dont drag on too long :)

Jenniferathome
06-26-2013, 07:04 PM
"You should come clean and tell your wife." You've read that a lot and you will continue to read that a lot. Because it's true. But on a different note, think about the implication of your comments. You are looking forward to spending LESS time with your son. You are bummed that your wife will now be home. Certainly they are the two most important people in your life and yet you want to spend less time with them. I was like you in some ways before I told my wife. I looked forward to travel and her being away. It's a horrible wedge that you drive very, very slowly, but she will feel it. Mine did and we do love each other. After telling her, the world opened.

Time is not the friend of the married cross dresser.

LeahCD2002
06-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Gina...

Can feel your pain. The hardest thing I find is not shaving my legs.

September is only around the corner!

Leah :doll:

Dianne S
06-26-2013, 07:11 PM
After telling her, the world opened. Time is not the friend of the married cross dresser.

It's one thing to tell your wife. I told mine before we were married.

It's quite another thing to tell your kids, and an even bigger step to dress in front of them. I'm happy to dress when my wife is around, but not my kids. That's why summer is the dry season for me.

You are looking forward to spending LESS time with your son.

Any parent who's honest, even a non-crossdresser, will admit that they sometimes need time away from their kids. It's a normal part of human nature. I love my kids, but I couldn't spend 24x7 with them for more than a few weeks without going insane.

Jenniferathome
06-26-2013, 07:28 PM
...It's quite another thing to tell your kids, and an even bigger step to dress in front of them. ...

... I love my kids, but I couldn't spend 24x7 with them for more than a few weeks without going insane.

Well, I know that I didn't write even a hint of this so I can only assume you didn't process my comment. I wrote "tell the wife," nothing more. I wrote "spend LESS time," not 24/7. To help you further understand my comment, I will add that it si the act of pushing away (spending less time together) that drives a wedge slowly.

GinaM
06-26-2013, 10:31 PM
Well, I know that I didn't write even a hint of this so I can only assume you didn't process my comment. I wrote "tell the wife," nothing more. I wrote "spend LESS time," not 24/7. To help you further understand my comment, I will add that it si the act of pushing away (spending less time together) that drives a wedge slowly.

I love my family more than anything in this world and I spend most of my days with my son. I don't know any father that spends as much time with their son as I do. That said, I also enjoy time alone without my wife and child. If you don't have the separation then you don't appreciate what you have.

mollycd99
06-27-2013, 01:54 AM
This is very true: I've had shaved legs for the better part of a year now. Locker rooms, shorts, nobody has noticed (or at least said anything) except my female neighbor. She assumed it was for a triathlon I did, and I encouraged that assumption, even showing off the definition of my calves (and the sexy race #426 inked on the calf for the race :/)

She commented on the persistent hairlessness a couple of weeks later and I just said I liked the feel of no hair, no itching. She seemed perfectly fine with that.

Bottom line: as long as you are reasonably confident or at least not visibly nervous, you can totally get away with it...

bobbimo
06-28-2013, 06:51 AM
Hi Gina,
I think the best solution to lots more Gina time is to tell your wife about CDing.
This thing we do wont go away, so you should give a lot of thought into having 'the talk' with your wife.
Bobbi

~Joanne~
06-28-2013, 09:50 AM
I think I may have to stop dressing as much as I would like to solely due to the heat. We don't have A/C so it gets really hot in here on some days. I tried yesterday to get some girl time and do some pictures but I was totally melting :(