PDA

View Full Version : Wife bought me a dress

Gwinnie
06-17-2013, 10:41 AM
We went to Cato over the weekend. They had a ruffled purple maxi dress there. She picked it up and pointed at me with kind of a questioning look. I said sure. So, it's mine now. Now if only I can find a shrug with puffy sleeves to wear with it? Seems to be an impossible thing to find. Also saw an orange top there I love. Would a white floor length skirt look stupid with it?

Gwendolyn

shawnsheila
06-17-2013, 11:14 AM
It sounds like you have a wonderful wife. I hope someday mine will do the same. You better get that woman some flowers and let her know she is super special :)

mikiSJ
06-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Gwinnie

Also saw an orange top there I love. Would a white floor length skirt look stupid with it?

NO! Go to www.softsurroundings.com/ for examples of orange tops and white pants/skirts - a great look!

Beverley Sims
06-18-2013, 12:06 AM
Orange and white go well together.
It does make you stand out from the crowd.

cassexy
06-18-2013, 01:28 AM
wow, congrulations on your new dress, pls post photo of it, so that we can express more on it

sara_also
06-18-2013, 07:00 AM
A wonderful lady you have there. Treat her with the respect and love.

Sometimes Steffi
06-18-2013, 11:08 PM
We went to Cato over the weekend. They had a ruffled purple maxi dress there. She picked it up and pointed at me with kind of a questioning look. I said sure. So, it's mine now. Now if only I can find a shrug with puffy sleeves to wear with it? Seems to be an impossible thing to find. Also saw an orange top there I love. Would a white floor length skirt look stupid with it?

Gwendolyn

eBay has lot's of choices. I'm looking for one in blue to match a dress I bought. I just trying to figure out what size and what blue shade

Jessica Who
06-18-2013, 11:19 PM
That's great to hear, sounds like an amazing relationship :)

Gwinnie
06-19-2013, 09:01 AM
She has been great through this whole thing. She wants to take me out sometime, but it will have to be in a different town. She's worried about me getting hurt. Emotionally not physically. I'm kind of a beast. :-) Anyway, not having much luck with the shrug. Found one I like, but it needs to be a different fabric and different color.

Chari
06-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Congrats on your accepting, understanding partner! From the fashion side - yes, white and orange do go together, but please consider adding some gold or copper accessories - jewelry, belt, summer shoes, etc. to help accent the outfit. As for the white puffy sleeve shrug, higher end department stores should have a variety of them.

reb.femme
06-19-2013, 02:52 PM
It's a brilliant feeling when your other half buys you femme items isn't it?

Mine bought me a Little Black Dress for Christmas and it's definitely my favourite, plus other items too. Your wife sounds like a real treasure. Lucky you! :battingeyelashes:

Reb