PDA

View Full Version : Christmas shopping

Jeri Rene
12-18-2005, 04:55 PM
I really used to dislike the christmas season but I'm coming around.
Went to my local Walmart again....in drab of course, not ready for anything else yet.
Grabbed a cart and just wandered the ladies section, and jewelry section and cosmetics.
The few times I noticed anyone looking at me they were just smiling.

Thats when I clued in, and felt incredibly stupid...its christmas. I started to look around and there were all kinds of men shopping in the same areas. Presents .... of course

Nerves settled and I went a spending.
Came out with some nail polish ..and base (thank you ladies in the beauty club). Eyelash curler (wanted to try it) and mascara.
A pair of diamond (looking) and gold(ish) clip on earings and a matching fine chain.
Some tights, two tops and a belt to go with a skirt that is just a bit to big for me. Couldn't find a skirt I liked.

Never even had to deal with a cashier now that the Walmart has self checkout scanners. WoW..glad I could find any skirts....Never spent this much at one time before.

I realized once I got out to my car that it doesn't have to be christmas to do this. I can go, in drab, anytime I want. People who see me don't know that I am single....they don't know that what I buy is for me. Sizes don't mean anything....there are women of larger size or they wouldn't make them this size.

I had fun, even by myself and I actually felt good about myself for a change.
It was a great day.

Jakie_Rose
12-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Dido here :D

The first few time I was nervous , now it's no bid deal , I worry more about prices then the actual blouse I buy .

Go girl

Jakie

Jesse69
12-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Because of Xmas, I went to an Ann Taylor, Bebe, and Ann Taylor Loft store just to look around (my first time in these stores).

Wendy me
12-18-2005, 07:38 PM
way to go girls shop on ............

serinalynn
12-18-2005, 07:49 PM
I love shopping for clothes and just love being in womens clothing stores. I also love shopping in a store that thas all the things I love wearing. Being a curvey girl, I can say that Wal-mart is not on my list of places to shop. The Lane Bryant stores are and I also shop their website www.lanebryant.com
:angel: :thumbsup: