PDA

View Full Version : my alter ego

CdD Janessa
06-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Was wondering if any of u ladies could help me out with picking out a girl name for my alter ego. I cant think of any girly one's

AmyGaleRT
06-18-2013, 08:43 PM
This is a good site to do some research on: http://www.behindthename.com/

It'll give you some idea of the meaning of various names, variants, etymologies, and relative popularity. You can look up the most popular names from the year when you were born, for instance, to get an idea of what your mother might have picked for you.

Beyond that, there are a whole bunch of "baby name" sites out there you can look at. Plus there are books. (My fiancee Sabrina has several baby name books and refers to them often when she creates new characters in her writing!)

Choosing a femme name is a very personal thing, and the right one can help you feel more in tune with that part of yourself. Good luck!

- Amy

suchacutie
06-18-2013, 09:05 PM
My wife and I picked a name together. Both of us were reticent to make the commitment without the other, so we agreed that I'd give her a list of names that were all acceptable to me, and then she'd pick one if she could. If not we'd work from there.

She picked Tina and it's been great!

SarahBJackson
06-18-2013, 09:46 PM
Um, how about Josephine? You can shorten it to Josie.

CdD Janessa
06-19-2013, 12:32 AM
Thx for the help everyone im going to give it some thought and see what I want to do

Alexis.j
06-19-2013, 12:59 AM
Well, thats something you should choose for yourself, google has many baby name sites to get ideas. I would suggest trying to keep the first letter the same same as your real name, its handy when you do card purchases.

BLUE ORCHID
06-19-2013, 05:56 AM
Hi Jeremiah, The way that I did that was used my favorite color and my favorite flower and that's how Blue Orchid came to be.
I didn't want a name with any connection with anyone past or present in my life.

Beverley Sims
06-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Even a derivative would be a suitable start. "Jeremie"

Tracii G
06-20-2013, 02:36 PM
I think Beverley has a good idea.Its a nice variation of your male name.

Eryn
06-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Some choose a feminine version of their male name but others prefer to put more distance between their personae. You might also consider using your same initials with a different name.

One advantage to using a feminine version of your male name is that it makes recognizing yourself easier when someone uses your femme name!