PDA

View Full Version : Not out of the closet, but I have opened the door!

Paula Blair
12-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Several years ago, I had a very bad experience when I came out to my wife, which included talk of divorce. We went through months counseling, and I was treated for depression. I gave up dressing and eventually threw all my girl-clothes away.

Now the good news! Almost a year ago, we bought a house in Connecticut. I am retired, and am living in the new house. However, my wife is still working, for another few months, in New Jersey. So, I am alone during the week, and she joins me on weekends. Anyway, the old urge came back, and I have started dressing again, to a limited extent. So far it has just been underwear (I wear a bra, panties and pantyhose under my male clothes) and a pretty pink nightgown.

I really didn't like having to stop on weekends, so this past Friday I told her that I had started wearing pantyhose. I didn't mention the panties, bras or nightgown. She asked me why. I mentioned the cold, the support of the hose, and the comfortable feel. She probably suspects that there is more, but at least she is ok with this much. After the last experience, when she refused to even look at my female wardrobe, I am now free to wear at least a little feminine clothing.

This may not seem like much, but to me it is a fantastic improvement.

I plan to advance very slowly. Hopefully, some day I will be able to come all the way out of the closet.

I have not posted much on this forum, but have appreciated the support I have gotten, and have read some very good advice.

I love you all.

Paula

Wendy me
12-18-2005, 07:35 PM
small steps at lest your going forward...

GypsyKaren
12-18-2005, 09:41 PM
Hi Paula

Nothing wrong with small steps as long as they're in the right direction. I'm very happy for you, and I hope you have a great holiday.

GypsyKaren

Adrianne
12-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Hello Paula, nothing wrong with small steps.

freshfrankie
12-18-2005, 09:54 PM
My wife of 25 years moved out in October and I'm loving life. My kids still stay with me and are home for college for their Christmas vacation so I'm in the closet for a few weeks but that's ok. They're great kids. Isn't it fabulous being yourself? Wish you the best Holiday and New Year. Big hugs!

Love
Jeannie
PS. I'm from Connecticut also. That makes two of us!:) Tell your wife to stay in New Jersey!

Dana
12-19-2005, 02:34 AM
My wife of 25 years moved out in October and I'm loving life. My kids still stay with me and are home for college for their Christmas vacation so I'm in the closet for a few weeks but that's ok. They're great kids. Isn't it fabulous being yourself? Wish you the best Holiday and New Year. Big hugs!

Love
Jeannie
PS. I'm from Connecticut also. That makes two of us!:) Tell your wife to stay in New Jersey!

Given the "Hell" of being a crossdresser ~ involved with a GG, not once, but twice ~ I can certainly understand your exuberance and new found freedom! But 25 years!!! That's a lot of history and a significant part of your life to walk away from.

Me? I'm single. I was married for over 12 years and got out of my last long term relationship ~ alomost eight years ago ~ that's right I've not been in a serous relationship for eight years, not that I've not dated, etc.;)

But, a lot of that over the last eight years has been the consious decision not to get into another relationship until I have gotten myself straigthened out, mentally, emotionally, pyschologoically, and yes financially. Or I should say to get myself where I want to be finacnially ~ which is to say Debt Free, with everything that I need (in so far as houshold furnishings, appliances. car, etc.) and have things situated such that no divorce lawyer or judge can take it away from me.

There's all that aspect of it, and another strong aspect of it is, I'd rather be a woman ~ and have the freedom to be "ME" than to just be with a woman for the sake of being in a relationshp ~ marriage ~ to keep from being by myself! Along with the old saying of "To Thy Own Self Be True!" also comes the responsibility of not just talking the talk ~ but walking the walk.

I really don't need a woman for anything other than compaionship and all of it ensuing sub-categories there of. Having been married, had children, and been in yet another subesquent relationship ~ I don't need a woman to cook, clean and wash clothes for me! By virture of having made some right decisions early on in life, some right choices, some right investments ~ that are paying off in spades for me ~ now.

25 years ~ though ~ that just blows me away! But, I knew a guy who walked away from a 40 year marriage and three kids ~! Hard to believe ~ but true!