PDA

View Full Version : In a real pickle

Michelle James
06-21-2013, 10:51 AM
As some may know my SO and I purchased a mobile home in northern Michigan last fall. Kind of a vacation place, and for our future retirement. Prior to making the purchase we did some recon on the local businesses to see how well this overweight tranny would be accepted. In other word Michelle and her SO went up there on several occasions and were treated normally.

When it came time to actually buy the money pit (a future post I'm sure) they required background checks to sign the lease for the lot in the park. After a lot of thinking and even more discussion "we" decided it would be best to make the trip en male as to match my name and gender on my ID, which was required for the background check. Passed the background check, no prob.

As soon as we took possession we noticed several projects that needed completion, so I showed up every other weekend Sept. thru Nov. in male carpenter mode and set about fixing things up.

WE closed the place for the winter and returned memorial day weekend to open it back up and I went back as myself (Michelle). Here's where everything started off the rails.
nothing was said the first trip but two weeks later we went up and my SO was asked who is the other lady staying with you? When we are out together her standard answer is "my sister in law, my husband's twin sister". Never been an issue. Until now! The park manager is insisting on a background check with ID of course for Michelle.

Since that's not possible I figured the only thing to do is to "come clean". The problem is that the manager is kind of a redneck sort and has been heard to make remarks about gays and such using all the slurs available. (Something I would not have guessed the first couple of time I met him last fall (as Michelle).

I'm not sure what to do here. We are trying to sell the place but so far no takers. If I come out and get evicted (on some other trumped up claim) I can't afford to move the damn trailer. Nor can I afford a lawsuit to be able to stay especially since it would be all over the park and here come the torches and pitch forks.

We really just wanted a "change of venue were we could just be who we are.

What do I do now??

boink
06-21-2013, 11:13 AM
My advice: put your trips as Michelle on hold, start looking for friendlier venues (where you may want to disclose up front), and save up some change for the moving of the trailer.

A cursory search would suggest that Michigan does not have a lot of discrimination/housing protections for "gender identity/expression" which means that even if you were evicted and did take up a case against this guy it would be an uphill battle.

mikiSJ
06-21-2013, 11:26 AM
I would find out what Michigan's laws are on renting to LBGT identifiers and if you are protected, tell the manager to go eff off.

You submitted all required documents for the ID check. If the manager didn't want to dig further into your background, then his laziness cost him. Also, what does your lease say about quests. If your children, or friends, are invited to stay at your place, are they required to have a background check.

Stand your ground, girl. STAND YOUR GROUND!!!

docrobbysherry
06-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Sorry u r having to go thu this, Michelle. And, I'm not familiar with Mich. laws. But, I agree with Miki. Find out who owns the Park. Then, approach the manager directly. Tell him if he does anything he's not allowed to do, u will contact the proper authorities AND the Park owners!

This will not protect u from him telling others in the Park about u, tho. So, u may not be able to enjoy your trailer. Moving trailers is usually NOT a practical financial solution. How r u marketing yours? This is probably the best time of year to sell it. Be sure u r making every effort to find a buyer. And, that your price and terms r attractive compared to other sellers.

Tracii G
06-21-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm with Miki you have done your background check no need for another one.
See if Mich law has a provision on gender expression.

Michelle James
06-21-2013, 12:00 PM
My advice: put your trips as Michelle on hold, start looking for friendlier venues (where you may want to disclose up front), and save up some change for the moving of the trailer.

A cursory search would suggest that Michigan does not have a lot of discrimination/housing protections for "gender identity/expression" which means that even if you were evicted and did take up a case against this guy it would be an uphill battle.

You may be right about that. I can't find any specific protections either. I am more worried about the villager with torches and pitchforks once they find out.

karynspanties
06-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Why would he need to do a background check on someone "visiting"? I think he is overstepping his boundaries. I live in Michigan, there are alot of vacant pieces of property to put a mobile home on up north. Pretty cheap too. Maybe you should consider this option.

Lorileah
06-21-2013, 02:59 PM
You pay your rent on time, you don't violate any of the published park rules, you mind your own business...and you contact the district attorney and the owner of the park relating your current status and explain that you are afraid that the manager will try and concoct a violation. Document everything he says. Managers for mobile home parks are not in small supply and his job isn't guaranteed. If he is the owner, do all the above until you can afford to move. Moving a mobile home and setting it up isn't difficult. (even if we are not as young as we used to be)

Michelle James
06-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Why would he need to do a background check on someone "visiting"? I think he is overstepping his boundaries. I live in Michigan, there are alot of vacant pieces of property to put a mobile home on up north. Pretty cheap too. Maybe you should consider this option.

I'm not really sure except I think maybe they are paranoid about sex offenders. I was told that is what they are screening for. Maybe the next thing I should do is get a quote on moving it and setting it up somewhere else. At least then I will have more info to work with.

You pay your rent on time, you don't violate any of the published park rules, you mind your own business...and you contact the district attorney and the owner of the park relating your current status and explain that you are afraid that the manager will try and concoct a violation. Document everything he says. Managers for mobile home parks are not in small supply and his job isn't guaranteed. If he is the owner, do all the above until you can afford to move. Moving a mobile home and setting it up isn't difficult. (even if we are not as young as we used to be)

That is a great suggestion. I will start documenting everything. As it turns out we are one of the few who pay our rent on time, don't violate any of the published park rules, and mind our own business.

Ashley Lyn
06-21-2013, 07:57 PM
why do you think the pitchforks and and torches would come out for a crossdresser...?
Nuttin' illegal about it.. Not like you are a child molester.. Michigan can't be worse than anywhere else..
Stand your ground!!!

Kelly DeWinter
06-21-2013, 08:22 PM
You are covered under Civil Rights Guarantees in Michigan

http://www.michigan.gov/mdcr/0,4613,7-138-4954_4997-16288--,00.html

Since you have lawfully complied with the parks rules and regulations concerning living in the Park (including already passing a background check ) legally you are NOT required to answer ANY questions regarding what you wear, I would just ignore the question , after all unless you have had a legal name change "Michelle" does not legally exist (please forgive me, no slight intended) . So unless they can prove that someone other then you and your spouse are living there, you can wear whatever you like, yes you will probably be 'discovered' at some point, but be brave at some point the TG community needs to be represented in the mobile home community, and by default it looks like it will be you. Read the info i have provided below.

Civil Rights Guarantees in Michigan
The Michigan Civil Rights Commission (MCRC) was established to identify and eliminate unlawful discrimination. This fact sheet outlines the civil rights guaranteed by law, and discusses the services available to every Michigan citizen in the protection of those rights.

Civil Rights Guaranteed by Law

Michigan law prohibits discrimination in employment, education, housing, public accommodations, and public service. The Michigan Department of Civil Rights has authority to accept complaints based on unlawful consideration of religion, race, color, national origin, arrest record, genetic information, sex, age, height, weight, marital status and disability. Discrimination on the basis of disability must be related to the person's ability to perform on the job or use facilities which cannot be reasonably altered (1963 Const., Art. II, and Art. V, Section 29; 1976 PA 220 and PA 453; and Rules Governing Organization and Procedures of the MCRC).

The Commission has the power to order remedies appropriate to the findings of unlawful discrimination

Rights to Equal Opportunity in Housing

A complaint may be filed if, for reasons of religion, race, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, or disability, a person has been:

unable to obtain available housing
denied purchase or rental of housing
discriminated against with regard to housing conditions (unequal charges, restrictions, harassment)
evicted or threatened with eviction due to religion, race, etc., of visitors
unable to obtain a housing loan, though financially qualified
denied housing because of minor children or if an advertisement for housing limits sale or rental for any of the above reasons

Local Ordnance
Because statewide law is outdated and state lawmakers have avoided taking action, many local governments have
passed their own nondiscrimination ordinances that are more inclusive than the Elliott Larsen Civil Rights Act. Several of
these ordinances were passed after local voters demanded action. Fifteen cities prohibit discrimination based on at least
one of the following characteristics: sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The are listed below:
! Ann%Arbor
! Birmingham
! Detroit
! Douglas
! East%Lansing
! Ferndale
! Grand%Rapids
! Huntington%Woods
! Kalamazoo
! Lansing
! Saginaw
! Saugatuck
! Saugatuck%Township
! Traverse%City
! Ypsilanti

Beverley Sims
06-21-2013, 09:59 PM
A bit unfortunate but your sister may not be able to visit for a while.
Is the background check he needs just a put up job?

Badtranny
06-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Or maybe you'll get lucky and a trans girl will move in and take the heat before you move there.

...and by trans I mean somebody who is like me or Diane, or Rachael, or Pam, or Steph, or Lori, etc. Somebody who lives their life out in the open, and the bigots just have to deal with it.

Michelle James
06-22-2013, 09:43 AM
Or maybe you'll get lucky and a trans girl will move in and take the heat before you move there.

...and by trans I mean somebody who is like me or Diane, or Rachael, or Pam, or Steph, or Lori, etc. Somebody who lives their life out in the open, and the bigots just have to deal with it.

Perhaps. Would you like to come to Michigan for an extended visit? I can offer free housing and possibly all the bigots you can handle.

Seriously tho, I live my life in the open down here in southeastern Michigan, and just about everywhere else just fine. That being said it's when I get to that trailer park I am for the first time fearful of the results of being found out. I know I should just head up there and proudly announce that I am trans and proud of it but right now I think the fear being beaten senseless by a bunch of ..................

The demographics of this place are aprox. 40% retirees, 10-15% young people (20s) and the rest are part time residents, mostly families, on the permanent side of the park. In other words the side that has mobile homes. The other side of the park is RV's and those "campers" can be a bit rowdy. Many have had the same space for season after season and feel as tho they have some ownership in the place. Many are macho sportsman types. As in God, Guns, booze, and "let's go beat up a queer mentality". I have nothing against God, guns and booze but that last part is a bit worry some since many ignorant bigots equate tranny with gay.

Badtranny
06-22-2013, 12:06 PM
I have nothing against God, guns and booze but that last part is a bit worry some since many ignorant bigots equate tranny with gay.

LOL well we wouldn't want anyone to think you were GAY, omg!

Michelle, I agree that it's a tough situation, but my point remains. This is a perfect example of part-timer privilege and people like me don't have the option of "man'ing" up to suit the local taste. If I came to visit you, I would have no option but to face the bigots as I am. And it's not just me, if you hired Steph from New Jersey to do some electrical work, I guarantee she would be turning some heads in that place because she's in her first year of transition and I can tell you from experience that the first year is pretty rough. Steph and I walking around and making trips to the hardware store would be quite a site in that little town.

Oh and I definitely have something against God, Guns, & Booze. That happens to be the exact recipe for violence against people that are different. Perhaps you would feel the same if you had no choice but to live openly.

Rileyaz
06-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Oh and I definitely have something against God, Guns, & Booze. That happens to be the exact recipe for violence against people that are different. Perhaps you would feel the same if you had no choice but to live openly.
Melissa,
I am into God, Guns & Booze, as are many other CDs and trannys. In fact, there is a group of gay gun owners in SF call the Pink Pistols. Please don't lump all them together with people that want to commit violence. The majority just want to be left alone, and will leave others alone as well.

Michelle James
06-22-2013, 12:37 PM
LOL well we wouldn't want anyone to think you were GAY, omg!
My statement was an attempt at a little humor. I couldn't care is someone perceives me to be gay or anything else.

Michelle, I agree that it's a tough situation, but my point remains. This is a perfect example of part-timer privilege and people like me don't have the option of "man'ing" up to suit the local taste.
On your blog you state:" I submit that there is NO "right way" to transition because it's far too personal to be measured against someone else's life experience". How can you feel that way and at the same time be judgmental of my path?

I feel as tho I am getting a slap on the wrist because I'm doing it my way. Am I reading this wrong.

STACY B
06-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Yall are ALL going about this in the WRONG WAY !!! LISTEN UP !!!!!! Some said God ,,Guns,,, An Booze right ? Well if ya wanna fit in an get along you were a Man at one time so you know what to do ,,, Buy the Beer ,,,, DINGBAT ,,,,, An then tell um Praise the Lord ,,, An then show then your collection ,, Problem solved !! GEEZ !!!

My work here is never done !!

kathtx
06-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Michelle, if the neighbors are as unpleasant and intolerant as you suggest, why do you want to live there?

Badtranny
06-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Judgmental?

Hmmm, that's an interesting point and I guess I can see why you would feel that way, but I don't agree. Transition IS indeed a very personal thing, but it's also a public thing. In your case I'm merely pointing out that you have, and are enjoying a privilege that only part-timers have access to.

Transitioners do not have the option of denying who they are. We have new names, and new ID cards, and long hair, etc. etc. You on the other hand just change your clothes and pass a background check as a dude. Wouldn't you like to see the manager's face when he saw MY background check? If I passed when I met him, he would definitely be surprised.

I'm not judging you at all, some of my good friends are part-timers. All I'm saying is, what you're afraid of experiencing is what some girls experience quite frequently as just a part of their life.

Michelle James
06-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Michelle, if the neighbors are as unpleasant and intolerant as you suggest, why do you want to live there?

Knowing what I know now I don't, but selling the place has become more difficult than I thought. In addition to the aforementioned issues the park was sold shortly after we bought the money pit and conditions have deteriorated. The large corporation that now owns it only cares about full occupancy so that can show a profit and flip it. So maintenance and improvements are not happening.

Angela Campbell
06-22-2013, 01:33 PM
You may be right about that. I can't find any specific protections either. I am more worried about the villager with torches and pitchforks once they find out.

If this is a worry then why have you gone out in public dressed as a woman at all? If you are going to be that way in public do not lie about it. If asked "who is that woman I saw" tell them it is me! You cannot hide it and be out at the same time.

If they threaten to oust you ask for the requirements that specifically say no transgender people are allowed.

Michelle James
06-22-2013, 01:57 PM
If this is a worry then why have you gone out in public dressed as a woman at all? If you are going to be that way in public do not lie about it. If asked "who is that woman I saw" tell them it is me! You cannot hide it and be out at the same time.

If they threaten to oust you ask for the requirements that specifically say no transgender people are allowed.

The villagers with pitchforks line was an attempt at humor. Sorry! For the record I am not "that way in public" and I don't now or have I ever lied about anything on this forum. I deeply resent the implication. Further to make things easier so we can all get along I will stipulate that everyone on this forum is trannier than I. That being said there should be no further reason to attempt to prove it.

kathtx
06-22-2013, 02:20 PM
The villagers with pitchforks line was an attempt at humor. Sorry! For the record I am not "that way in public" and I don't now or have I ever lied about anything on this forum. I deeply resent the implication. Further to make things easier so we can all get along I will stipulate that everyone on this forum is trannier than I. That being said there should be no further reason to attempt to prove it.

Michelle, to maybe clear the air a bit I don't think almostalady was accusing you of lying on this forum. I think she was talking about your wife's "standard answer" about being out with her sister-in-law.

I'm sorry you've gotten into a pickle that's hard to get out of. It doesn't sound like a good neighborhood, regardless of your gender presentation.

Angela Campbell
06-22-2013, 02:33 PM

I did not say you lied on this forum. The lie was telling someone you are your twin sister. Understandable but it doesn't make it better it makes things worse. Had they simply been told who that lady was there may have been raised eyebrows but likely little else. I was just saying if you are going to go out in public where others will see you, don't try to hide it. I doubt they can or will evict you because you are TG. In fact the trouble and publicity they will face doing so will not help their efforts to "flip" the park.

Kelly DeWinter
06-22-2013, 07:53 PM
My statement was an attempt at a little humor. I couldn't care is someone perceives me to be gay or anything else.

On your blog you state:" I submit that there is NO "right way" to transition because it's far too personal to be measured against someone else's life experience". How can you feel that way and at the same time be judgmental of my path?

I feel as tho I am getting a slap on the wrist because I'm doing it my way. Am I reading this wrong.

Michelle;

I would not worry about getting a backward slap for doing things your way, Some people here forget that gender is in the mind, not in the body, IF you choose to express your gender in what you wear or how you present, that is your choice and it is not a crime, yes there are bigots in this world who will make try to make your life miserable, but in reality is it any different then sexual,racial,nationality,economic or religious bigotry ? No , its the same wolf in sheep's clothing, the only difference i it's happening to you at the moment. If you want to present in public be prepared to face bigotry, take pride in knowing that you in your way are paving the way for future tg's to have a better life.

daviolin
06-23-2013, 07:03 AM
To one Mich girl from another. Sorry, but when will people open there eyes, and live and let live. By the way, were in Michigan is your place? I could bring a bunch of crossdressing buddies up and we could really rock there world. Ha Ha. Daviolin

mary something
06-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Michelle I can understand how some of the posters words might feel like their trying to attack you. You're already feeling under siege at this new trailor park and contemplating having to move when finances are putting you between a rock and a hard place. I know it feels really bad right now but I think there are solutions that are possible short of having to leave outright.

I think Stacy had a great idea that you should consider. Outside of the manager aren't you judging the other campers also before even meeting them based on appearances? I like her idea of bringing the beer, and bring it early enough that they aren't drinking before you show up. Why don't you go and buy enough beer for a party, or even make a bucket of hooch, whatever might be popular. Heck why not even have a little welcome to the neighborhood party at your place? While you're out buying some liquor why don't you go ahead and get some burgers and hot dogs with some sides. Make sure you have plenty of chairs and don't forget some of those outdoor bug repellants. Have some kind of activities available to keep people interacting like corn hole, horse shoes, camp fire, whatever.

Go and talk to the manager and be friendly. Let him know that you're a nice person who doesn't mean any harm to anyone and that you look forward to him stopping by your place whenever you're planning your gettogether. If he asks about the twin sister just tell him that your wife didn't mean any harm but was nervous for you and trying to prodtect you in her way. Look him straight in the eye and tell him that you are a transgendered person, but that is just one of the many things about you that make you who you are. Then tell him that you've already checked and that Michigan law covers this situation and hand him the copy of what was posted earlier so he can have the benefit of seeing it himself later. Then change the subject back to him and be comfortable with yourself.

I don't think the other posters were trying to tell you that you had lied by default to the manager to be critical of you, I think they were trying to help you understand how the manager and the rest of the community may perceive you. If you act suspicious and get caught in any type of falsehood you're gonna make everyone notice you and they will be looking for other red flags. Instead why not just be open with them and show that you have no secrets, then find things in common. Since you have already presented there as a male so much then be a male at the party. Don't make it about gender, but about what you people have in common. If asked about it or someone hints around at it just be open with a short, succinct answer such as "yes, I'm transgendered". They probably don't care nearly as much as you think, they just want to know that you don' t have bad intentions they should watch out for.

A public setting at your place while being a gracious host is the best way to introduce yourself if you want to make a good impression. And it's a heck of a lot easier and cheaper first option of how to respond than moving the trailor again immediately. You can always do that later.

Show them that you are a good and likable person that will be a good neighbor. Then after you've made the best impression you could find out if the park is a comfortable place for you to stay or if you need to leave. Either way I think that even if there are some who just don't want to accept you there will be others who won't care and will be friends if you give them some reasons to want to.

Good luck!

linda allen
06-23-2013, 01:40 PM

That would be my question as well. Michelle may have made a mistake purchasing the property in the first place without considering her own fears about the management and the neighbors.

I am also feeling from her posts and language that she may be stereotyping these people as "bigots" without actually knowing them.

While she may be able to stay in the park by using anti discrimination laws, her life there may turn out to be unpleasant because of it. It's possible to legislate actions but it's not possible to legislate attitudes.

BTW: The fact that her wife lied to the manager is not going to help her case. "That's my husband, he's is a crossdresser." would have been the appropriate answer.

Leona
06-23-2013, 04:39 PM
I'm with these ladies who are saying to just out yourself and see what happens. I got outed against my will by being arrested while dressed, and then when the charges were dropped, I found myself in downtown austin rocking that skirt. :) The reactions were fine, nothing dangerous, but it is Austin, not northern michigan....

The law will protect you enough to sell the place without visiting again and you've got some valuable lessons learned from this experience, but at this time you don't know that it has to come to that. Logically, you will only know if it has come to that by outing yourself.

So, run away scared or stand your ground and see if you need to make a strategic retreat? Those seem to be the options here.

Badtranny
06-23-2013, 06:38 PM
BTW: The fact that her wife lied to the manager is not going to help her case. "That's my husband, he's is a crossdresser." would have been the appropriate answer.

Wow. That is about as perfect a statement as I could imagine. She could have even said Transgender instead of a cross-dresser.

You know, I don't have anything against people who enjoy or are comfortable bouncing back and forth. One of my dearest friends will likely never be out to a certain segment of her life. I've seen her as "him" quite a bit and she's just as cool either way. If you're going to be closeted to some degree, just admit it and take advantage of the opportunities that affords. There is no shame in being part-time, just don't make excuses about it.

lingerieLiz
06-23-2013, 11:19 PM
The park manager may be just doing his job. You may want to read your rental agreement. Many rental agreements state that anyone who stays beyond a certain number of days must be checked. It may be the corporation that requires it and the guy is just doing his job.

I been outed in a ultra redneck area. No one gave me a hassle about it. You could just tell him the truth.

alwayshave
06-24-2013, 07:53 AM
I don't mean to practice law in Michigan without a license, but does your lease for the lot upon which the trailer sits state that you cannot have guests without providing ID? My response to the landlord would be, "I will provide the ID as soon as you provide me with a site to the section of the lease that requires me to do so?" In other words put the onus on him.

Michelle James
06-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Wow. That is about as perfect a statement as I could imagine. She could have even said Transgender instead of a cross-dresser.

You know, I don't have anything against people who enjoy or are comfortable bouncing back and forth. One of my dearest friends will likely never be out to a certain segment of her life. I've seen her as "him" quite a bit and she's just as cool either way. If you're going to be closeted to some degree, just admit it and take advantage of the opportunities that affords. There is no shame in being part-time, just don't make excuses about it.

You are correct. So here it is: I am closeted to a small degree and am maybe expanding that somewhat. I have come to feel that my being trans is on a need to know basis and lately it seems that less people need to know. I admit it freely and as it turns out I do enjoy the opportunities that affords. I am not ashamed in any way of being part time and I offer no excuses.
it wasn't that long ago that I considered myself to be living full time and working toward transition. As has been pointed out by some on this forum with a lot more skin in the game than I have that my assumptions may have been erroneous.

Michelle James
06-27-2013, 12:15 PM
The park manager may be just doing his job. You may want to read your rental agreement. Many rental agreements state that anyone who stays beyond a certain number of days must be checked. It may be the corporation that requires it and the guy is just doing his job.

I been outed in a ultra redneck area. No one gave me a hassle about it. You could just tell him the truth.

My rental agreement does state that "all permanent residents must submit to a background check". However it does not define "permanent". You make a good point re: the rednecks and I may be anticipating a reaction that may not occur.

Michelle James
06-27-2013, 12:16 PM
I don't mean to practice law in Michigan without a license, but does your lease for the lot upon which the trailer sits state that you cannot have guests without providing ID? My response to the landlord would be, "I will provide the ID as soon as you provide me with a site to the section of the lease that requires me to do so?" In other words put the onus on him.

There is no mention of guests needing approval. it may be time to just let it hit the fan and deal with the fallout.

linda allen
06-27-2013, 12:53 PM
People signing a lease and then letting other people live in the property is not an uncommon scam so the manager is probably within his rights to inquire about the "woman" he saw.

Best to come clean and figure a reasonable excuse for your wife lying in the first place.

And if you don't want an uncomfortable experience, you may want to rethink your attitude about your neighbors that you haven't even met yet. We often get back what we give. If you think of and treat these people as "rednecks", they may think of you as a "faggot".

STACY B
06-27-2013, 12:57 PM
Michelle just Friggen tell um !! Let the Hair go with the Hide !! WTF Can they do ?? They can't eat ya ,, I would LOVE to be there with ya for support ,, I just LOVE the SHOCK FACTOR ,,,,,,,MMMMMMMMMM SHOCK !!!!!

Surprise ,, Man >>> Lady>>>>> Man>>>>Lady>>>> CRAZY ,,,HUH,,,,,HUH,,,,,,

Yep pretty Crazy !!!!

Michelle James
06-27-2013, 04:19 PM
Michelle just Friggen tell um !! Let the Hair go with the Hide !! WTF Can they do ?? They can't eat ya ,, I would LOVE to be there with ya for support ,, I just LOVE the SHOCK FACTOR ,,,,,,,MMMMMMMMMM SHOCK !!!!!

Surprise ,, Man >>> Lady>>>>> Man>>>>Lady>>>> CRAZY ,,,HUH,,,,,HUH,,,,,,

Yep pretty Crazy !!!!

I like that! Reminds me of a visit to my favorite stylist when sh was sharing the space with a male barber who was way into his 70s. I got a wig trimmed and then removed it to have my real hair cut. After I left he went over to my stylist and said "Rene, I'm so confused. Fisrst I look over and there's a woman in you chair and then next time I look there's a man and then I look again and the woman is back". We still laugh about that.

Michelle James
06-27-2013, 04:22 PM
People signing a lease and then letting other people live in the property is not an uncommon scam so the manager is probably within his rights to inquire about the "woman" he saw.

Best to come clean and figure a reasonable excuse for your wife lying in the first place.

And if you don't want an uncomfortable experience, you may want to rethink your attitude about your neighbors that you haven't even met yet. We often get back what we give. If you think of and treat these people as "rednecks", they may think of you as a "faggot".

You are right on both counts, but I am through with excuses. I am what I am and "F" em if they have a problem with it. We are going back for the 4th and will be there for 5 days so they will just have to get used to Michelle and get over it.

MonicaTC
08-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Where in Northern Michigan are you Michelle? You can mail me privately the answer if you with. I'm in Traverse myself and there is a non-discrimination ordinance here :) . Generally across the state I believe there are protections. But saying Northern Michigan is pretty vague, attitudes vary greatly from one area to the next.

MonicaTC
08-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Here is information on the broad state of affairs in our state.
http://www.equalitymi.org/issues/discrimination