PDA

View Full Version : Beauty is pain...

Jeremie
06-21-2013, 07:26 PM
I have it on good authority the person accredited with the saying "Beauty is pain" had just finished epilating their legs. Most likely their upper legs. Almost definitely their inner and back thighs. :surrender:surrender

Abbygirl
06-21-2013, 08:48 PM
...or had just finished laser or electrolysis!

Launa
06-21-2013, 09:27 PM
I hope laser and electro isn't going to be as bad as waxing and epilating..... I'm going to do some electrolysis in a couple weeks

ME2.0
06-21-2013, 09:35 PM
Have you epilated your stomach and chest yet? You're in for a real treat there... I'm in my third week of electrolysis. If you like bee-stings, it's definately for you! Poking your eye with a mascara brush rates right up there too.

Hugs,
Staci

Beverley Sims
06-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Beauty is learning to be meticulous, that's worse than pain.

Veronica Nicole
06-21-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm use to epilating my legs and upper thighs, try to do it every other day no pain at all. So one day I thought i was ready for the the stomach and chest boy was I wrong, after a couple of minutes of trying:beatup: I gave up and shaved

Jeremie
06-22-2013, 10:34 PM
I've managed to do my stomach a few times, but could never get above the nipple line. It was just too intense. Having the chest waxed was much easier. Still hurt, but for a shorter amount of time. Would waxing the legs be the same?

Leah Lynn
06-23-2013, 05:09 AM
I'm use to epilating my legs and upper thighs, try to do it every other day no pain at all. So one day I thought i was ready for the the stomach and chest boy was I wrong, after a couple of minutes of trying:beatup: I gave up and shaved

I have a very high pain threshold, and I couldn't do my belly! Legs and arms are a snap.

Leah

Kate Simmons
06-23-2013, 05:39 AM
Yep, pretty much. "no pain, no gain" as they say. :battingeyelashes::)

Leah Lynn
06-23-2013, 05:58 AM
If I let the body hair go for two weeks, I need a weed whacker!

Leah

Raychel
06-23-2013, 06:28 AM
I always wanted to get an epilator, But just can't get past the pain it must be.
Sure would be nice to cut down on the shaving time. But not sure I could ever do the epilator.

BLUE ORCHID
06-23-2013, 06:40 AM
Hi Jeremie, No one ever said that being a lady was going to be easy!!

Karren H
06-23-2013, 06:50 AM
Stomach for me.... If I run out of wax.... I will actually pluck my stomach rather than epliate it... lol

Kristy 56
06-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Waxing actually works best for me. It really doesn't hurt me that much. Maybe it's the fact of being in a salon with a nice GG that takes the sting out.

Audrey34
06-23-2013, 09:26 AM
I shave as much as I can. Was curious about using one of those home waxing kits for my legs then decided it wasn't worth it, lol!
-Audrey

docrobbysherry
06-23-2013, 11:18 AM
My ribs r still sore. From the tite laced corset I wore Wed! For my avatar pic.

Annaliese2010
06-23-2013, 02:16 PM
Well I hear ya on that girlfriend. I'm gonna try that NoNo thingy. Looks great in the TV commercials anyways.

Eryn
06-23-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm gonna try that NoNo thingy.

I'm pretty sure that was a joke, but if not please search the forum first before you buy that piece of quackery.

Please, before you write off epilating wax the area in question and then use the epilator to maintain it. The only hairs that are painful while epilating are those that don't come out, and if you epilate hair that is longer than a quarter inch it tends to stretch and slip out of the rollers. Ouch! Shorter hairs are plucked cleanly and don't hurt nearly so much.

Electrolysis is another thing entirely. A small moment of pain every couple of seconds for two hours can be very tiring, and the more sensitive bits around the lips definitely get your attention. Still, getting up and *not* having to shave, and being able to retire the beard color correction makeup makes it well worth it to me. I also look younger in both modes and have a more defined mouth shape without the upper lip "follicle bulge."

Annaliese2010
06-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Thank you Eryn! For sharing your knowledge and experience. Very helpful!

Was also thinking of doctor managed hormone shots to develop fuller breasts n nipples and which I presume would eliminate most body hair too as female secondary sexual characteristics take over.

Have a great Sunday evening :battingeyelashes:

Lisa Jeffreys
06-23-2013, 04:18 PM
I got waxed last weekend. Full leg, back, full arms and shoulders, butt and butt strip. Surprisingly the butt strip was nothing bur oh wow what a great feeling. The twins did not care for waxing but they're over it now. Lower back really stung and did shoulder? Who knew?

I am now in the process of plucking my face and have a reverse goatee. This is where I have the worst shadow and am hoping to drastically reduce the makeup when I go out this coming Saturday.

No money for electrolysis or laser. Just going to try this and see if I can keep up with it in the coming months.

XOXO
Lisa