PDA

View Full Version : If looks could kill...

mikiSJ
06-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Today is our 38th anniversary and I took the wife up to North Beach in San Francisco for an early dinner and then some shopping. The wind was blowing pretty good and had fluffed up my hair. We found a nice quiet sidewalk table out of the wind but in the sun. I sat with my back to the door so when the waitperson came up she announced heartily 'How are you doing, ladies'.

Now, I was dressed in drab, but my hair is getting long and when fluffed is very femme. I looked across the table and shrugged my shoulders. I could see the daggers coming out of my wife's eyes like in the Mad Spy v. Spy cartoons. My wife knows about Miki but is only tolerant and would never go with me anywhere if I was dressed. much less go where I would be referred to as a lady. Even after the waitperson acknowledged my gender, the conversation was a bit frosty for about 5 minutes.

We then walked (hiked) down to the Westfield Mall on Market and she was looking for shoes in one of the Nordstrom boutiques. She found a pair of wedge sandals but told me they only come in Medium, not her typical 9 Narrow size. I said, too bad. They are really nice; I wonder if they come in a 11W.

She hit me on the arm - almost hard!

Barbara Ella
06-21-2013, 11:02 PM
Oh my, it is so hard to know how hard to push the button, isn't it...lol. Sometimes the worst pushes are the ones that are totally unexpected.

Last Saturday wife was out cleaning the garage and i was in basement assembling cabinets. I put on a light application of nude lipstick, hardly noticeable. It was muggy, so i opened my shirt's top buttons.

So of course she comes in early, and shouts from the top of the stairs. I walk out and look up at her, and before I can say anything all I hear is "Oh dear." I think my little cleavage is becoming obvious.........I know what she thinks she saw.

all she would say is that she did not want to talk about it. Things have been fine this week.

All we can do is be ourselves with respect.

Barbara

mikiSJ
06-22-2013, 03:57 AM
All we can do is be ourselves with respect.

My wife's issue is that she doesn't want the embarrassment of being known as someone who has a CD/TG husband. (Sigh!)

She likes my hair long and didn't say anything when I had my brows shaped 'girly' last Wednesday.

joank
06-22-2013, 08:20 AM
I think we all walk that narrow line when we have a partially accepting spouse. Mine does not want me to be outside the home and especially with her when I'm dressed. Even when we are shopping together, at times she does not want me to look over the racks with her. Sigh!

Majella St Gerard
06-22-2013, 08:25 AM
and women say "WE" have issues

Beverley Sims
06-22-2013, 02:44 PM
My wife's issue is that she doesn't want the embarrassment of being known as someone who has a CD/TG husband. (Sigh!)

I think this is the root cause of most of our problems.

Stephanie47
06-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Stay away from the cable car tracks!!!

Ashley Lyn
06-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Mine is accepting as long as no one she knows finds out.. DRAT...
I would LOVE to dress up with her and her sisters and best friend to have a girls nite out....
She told me the next time we go to NewOrleans, or other big city, I can wear whatever I desire...
Gotta' book another vacation now...

mikiSJ
06-22-2013, 04:41 PM
Stay away from the cable car tracks!!!

I am a San Francisco native; so actually, it is more important to stay away from the tourists who don't stay away from the cable car tracks.

Mine is accepting as long as no one she knows finds out.. DRAT...

Drat! Drat! Drat! Drat! Drat! Exactly!

Aly Cat
06-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Its kind of funny...when I first read your title "If Looks Could Kill" I thought....if looks could kill id be an assassin...or a ninja. You wouldnt see me coming and then BAM!! And then I read your post and thought....ooohhhhhhh.....ok well that makes more sense lol :D