PDA

View Full Version : GG's who rarely wear dresses or skirts...

Ashley Lyn
06-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Is it just me, or have all the women who wear dresses/skirts, no longer exist!??:eek:
My mother LOVED to wear dresses, and was rarely seen without one.. :)
I work part-time at a big box store, and rarely see a lady/girl in a dress or skirt..
I go downtown, and even the office girls are wearing dress slacks, etc... :doh:
I LOVE to wear dresses, hosiery, and try to look my best.. Guess maybe I am the lucky one!:battingeyelashes:

kathtx
06-22-2013, 02:53 PM
I see many women out and about in casual-to-dressy skirts and dresses.

Hosiery is rare, which is understandable since it's not too comfortable especially in the summer. I almost never wear hosiery unless I'm going out to a very dressy occasion. If I wear a skirt or dress, it's usually something I can wear with bare legs and sandals.

Stephanie47
06-22-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm a retiree. I worked for thirty plus years in a government professional environment. The men wore at a bare minimum in the office a dress shirt, tie and slacks. Out in the field throw in a sport coat or suit. In the beginning many of the women wore dresses and skirts. Management set the dress code, explicit or implied.

At the end of my career I still wore that tie, slacks and dress shirt. It was totally disgusting and unprofessional to see women wearing sweat pants and sweat shirts and casual footwear, capri pants. These are government employees who interacted with professional people, attorneys, CPA's, etc.

There were many times when I was thought to be the manager because the manager looked like a total slob. It was just casual attire. It was workout and beach wear.

I still see professional women downtown dressing up. And, dressing up just does not look pretty. Those women also convey professionalism, self confidence. I recently went to a wedding. There were guests from my side of the family (thank God by marriage!) who looked like they just left a trailer court. The other side of the wedding looked professional, well dressed. Those women were drop dead gorgeous and they knew it.

I will never ever wear feminine pants-period. Personal choice. Dresses for me.

Alice Torn
06-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Ashley, I agree. It is the sign of a culture in trouble, I think. School teachers dressing just like the students, yada yada yada, etc. When i look at wall photos of past generations of nurses, at hospital, all were wearing nurse dresses, until sometime in the 70's. From then on, all wore pants. I have no problem with women wearing pants for gardening, hiking, horseback riding, and other blue collar jobs, or even half the time or more. I see i as a less beautiful world, when one can go weeks without seeing a dress or skirt. Somehow, women survived seldom wearing pants in past eras or generations, wearing dresses and skirts most of the time! Those who will not EVER wear dresses, or skirts, are robbing themselves of their femininity, and robbing other people of seeing their beauty, and making the world a less lovely place. So, us crossdressers are filling that void a little!!

Sandra
06-22-2013, 03:23 PM
This was left open hoping that a discussion could take place, but it is going down the route of moaning about what women wear which is against forum rules.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_content

Ridiculing members/non-members, or the manner in which they express themselves. This includes any complaint about the way females, males, transgendered, or any other cross-section of the membership dress,

Thread closed.