PDA

View Full Version : New To This

CuriousKatie
06-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Hey, I've joined as i've been interested in crossdressing for a while but have only ever worn some girls underwear before, but would like to explore this side of myself!

So, hi everyone! I'm a bit trapped in what I can do as well, as I don't live alone and haven't a lot of freedom to really explore, has anyone else been in this position?

bobble143
06-22-2013, 03:58 PM
hi
im in the same situation, ive been married to an unaccepting wife for 25 years
the best advice i can giive you from my experience is do what you feel, and dont have any regrets.....like me
and all the best to you

Heather25
06-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Hello,

Sounds like you are starting out similar to myself. It began for me by wondering what those pretty panties would feel like, and growing by fits and starts for years to arrive at today, typing this reply in sandals, sundress, bra panties and wig. This may or may not grow for you to that point but there you go. There has been a lot of self suppression and doubt and that is probably the most challenging thing about this state of mind. While it may not be "normal" it isn't unhealthy unless you allow it to control you. Given societal norms though it certainly leads to lots of self doubt and questioning. Maintaining comfort with yourself and learning to accept that self is critical.

While I don't know the details of your living situation understand that lots of us are limited by the life we live. It may limit your experimentation and growth for now but that may not always be the case. My suggestion would be to take it slowly and work to find your comfort levels. If you have your own bedroom I'd suggest trying some panties and maybe something soft or satiny to sleep in. Grow you confidence and try shopping for some women's things. I have found just like most everyone else here that sales associates really don't care about what you are buying. They usually just assume it is for your significant other unless you give them reason to think otherwise. To start out easy I'd suggest a Wal Mart or something similar where they have automated checkout lines. Go during the middle of the day when the store is fairly quiet. Their stuff may not be the best but it is easy and you can work on getting a rough idea of your sizing. Then move up from there to better places. I and many others here would suggest you certainly check out your local Good Will or similar stores for great prices on nice things. Just take it slow and allow your confidence to build.

Along a similar tact, many here will tell you to simply not worry about what others think. If only it were that easy. Society functions because people care about what other people, usually complete strangers, think of us. It is deeply ingrained in us to care about the opinions of others. So take it slow and grow confidence in yourself and you will find that easier to deal with. It is certainly something that I still struggle with and fear. it just isn't as easy for most to dismiss as we'd like it to be!

Good luck and enjoy yourself. Remember, you are not alone and while a question may have been answered a thousand times here, people are always willing to offer up an opinion or simply read what you have to say.

Beverley Sims
06-23-2013, 01:43 AM
I am assuming you are young.
If you have digs for yourself you alreay have the privacy.
If you are sharing a room be discreet.
I think a lot of us have gone through this situation.

Beth Wilde
06-23-2013, 03:31 AM
Hi and welcome Katie. I think most of us are or have been in that situation at one time in our lives. The feeling of dressing fully is pure joy for me, and luckily I can now do it but I used to be in shared accommodation where I had to walk down a long corridor just to use a toilet! That is somewhat limiting on time spent dressed :)

Hope you enjoy the forums and get the chance to dress more, I'm sure you'll love it.

Leah Lynn
06-23-2013, 04:35 AM
Hi Katie! Probably most have been there. One thing many do, is put together an outfit or several, then spend a weekend in a motel, preferably in another town. Try on the clothing, getting comfortable in it. Maybe experiment with some makeup. Then, if it feels good, take a short stroll outside the room. This can take a few trips to get to the going outside aspect. All of us that go out on a regular basis totally enfemme had to start somewhere. Doing it in baby steps will let you know if it's right for you; whether it's just panties and bra or totally enfemme. Start buying one item at a time and no one notices. Good luck and welcome to the girls' club.

Leah

Cheryl123
06-23-2013, 05:20 AM
Hi Katie,
Go for it! It's completely ok. About not having freedom .. get creative. You could rent a storage locker for your wardrobe ... go to a motel to dress up. As for shopping, I rent a private mail box and shop the internet (the crossdressing girl's best friend). You can get nice clothes that fit, regardless of your size, and the really good stuff like lingerie. Wigs. Make-up. I hope you've got some money saved-up, because this can be an expensive life style. Not to mention shoes! (When you are buying size 12W 3 inch heeled pumps, it's hard to convince the sales clerk that you are buying for you wife -- lol).
Above all else, enjoy yourself. Life is too short to hold back.

Cheryl T
06-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Pretty much all of us have been in your situation at one time or another. Wanting to dress and explore our feminine side and not being able to because of our living arrangements is very common.

Majella St Gerard
06-23-2013, 08:19 AM
Most of us I assume started out with panties. I used to underdress on the sneak from my wife because she didn't like me CD'ing. We all know how hard it is, we are programed to think and dress a certain way and it's hard to go against the grain. We are scared of what people will think, and although I am out of the closet 99% and go out publically en femme, I still keep it a secret from some family members. If you are not ready for the scrutiny, then I suggest you keep it under your male clothes, I used to get a thrill knowing that I'm wearing lingerie under my clothes and no one knows, and making sure I don't accidentally flash someone my undies. I do miss that thrill but now I have a much better time going out dressed and seeing the reactions. Just do your own thing and the hell with everyone else, I know it's hard to do, I am having my own issues, but I am a 50 year old man and by god I'll wear what I want. Good luck and welcome to the club.

Karren H
06-23-2013, 08:26 AM
There are like a thousand things you can to to slowly femininize yourself.... I've been doing it for almost a decade.... even to the point of wearing a corset almost 24/7 to enhancing my breasts.... you just need to take it slow and introduce things one at a time and people won't even notice the changes....

Raychel
06-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Welcome to the forum Katie, I would bet that we all have been in that position at one time or another
Look around, Make some friends and enjoy.

CuriousKatie
06-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Thanks ladies! I'll have to get started on the sneak then till I can get my own place!