PDA

View Full Version : Almost slipped

Aly Cat
06-23-2013, 09:34 PM
So tonight, I was hanging out at my brother in laws house eating the hottest hot sauce in the world with my future sister in law and as we were both crying and pounding our fists on the counter she looked at me and laughed. She said...OMG it looks like you are wearing lipstick! My lips were all red and swollen from the sauce. I put my hand to my mouth to touch my lips and almost blurted out....all i need is s bit of lip gloss and were ready to go out!

My brother in law knows about me but im not sure if his fiance does. My bro in law doesnt support crossdressing and it would have been a very bad slip since he was standing right there already mocking us about how crazy we were. Lol i took her comment as a compliment even though i was dying of fiery pain in my mouth lol.

On a side note, it really is the hottest hot sauce on the market. I had to sign a waiver and be 18+ to buy it. Its 40lbs of ghost chili peppers extracted into a 1oz bottle of death. For those chili heads out there, its 3.5 million schoval units. Thats 1.5 million schoval units hotter than police grade pepper spray. Good stuff! I really wish i had been wearing lipstick. It would have protected my lips from the liquid fire!!

Julie1123
06-23-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm in awe, Eva. Ghost peppers? *makes bowing motion* We're not worthy. ;) I love hot sauce but have never gone that hot before.

AmyGaleRT
06-23-2013, 10:31 PM
3.5 million Scoville units, Eva? That's stuff that should only be handled from behind leaded glass, using robotic arms! :eek:

You're going to regret that again soon...it'll burn just as badly on the way out as on the way in, if you catch my drift. ;)

- Amy

betty1253
06-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Eva, my hat is off for you. I've had Ghost peppers, about 30 micro grams. In tiny amounts they taste good, but that wasn't what you were doing, was it?

Emjay
06-23-2013, 11:40 PM
OMIGOSH..... I feel your pain haha.... I tried that stuff in Gatlinburg last summer at the Pepper Palace, just enough to really color the sample chips they have to try different sauces and stuff there..... I quite literally felt like my tonsils were going to come out and couldn't feel my face for about 45 minutes afterward!

Wow.......

Beverley Sims
06-23-2013, 11:50 PM
Interesting, over 18 and a waiver to buy it, is it on the poison register.
It probably should be.

Aly Cat
06-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Eva, my hat is off for you. I've had Ghost peppers, about 30 micro grams. In tiny amounts they taste good, but that wasn't what you were doing, was it?

We took about 5 full drops (enough to completely coat the front and back of a grilled chicken strip with a red glaze. Both of us ate the entire chicken strip. Both of us were gargling with white vinegar afterwards and uncontrollably crying lol.

AmazinglyAutumn, thats the stuff! We got it at Pepper Palace in New Orleans. To give you an idea of how much we ate, take one of their chips they have there and completely cover the surface of both sides of the chip. Between the two of us, we used 1/4 of the bottle. Lol were doing it again a week from tomorrow. Were gonna have 6 strips and have varying degrees of spiciness. Fist one to punk out loses.
She is my spicy partner in crime lol. Now if only she was that passionate about helping me with fashion! She is seriously one of the most fashionable and pretty females ive seen. She has been mistaken on several occasions for Avril Lavine. Every time i see her i want to beg her......teach me your ways Master!!!!

Angie G
06-24-2013, 10:09 AM
I like hot but I'm not that crazy.You go girl.:hugs:
Angie

Emjay
06-24-2013, 05:41 PM
AmazinglyAutumn, thats the stuff! We got it at Pepper Palace in New Orleans. To give you an idea of how much we ate, take one of their chips they have there and completely cover the surface of both sides of the chip. Between the two of us, we used 1/4 of the bottle. Lol were doing it again a week from tomorrow. Were gonna have 6 strips and have varying degrees of spiciness. Fist one to punk out loses.

Haha I suspected... Yes that is some wicked stuff... The funniest part was all of the folks behind the counter quietly waiting in anticipation for me to try it. Once I did a guy pulls out a camera and snapped my photo, told me I get my pic on the "wall of fame" just for trying the stuff, handed me a ribbon or something to commemorate the whole thing (I really can't remember what it was right now I was just trying to keep my eyes from blowing off of my face at that point lol)... Quite an experience, I remember it did have a great flavor before the burn set in, after that..... well it just hurt...... :)

Have fun with it, be careful!

jaye_cd
06-24-2013, 06:44 PM
mmmmmm Ghost peppers!! I have some ketchup made with them. it's OMGHOT and sooo delicious!