PDA

View Full Version : Another milestone passed...

mikiSJ
06-24-2013, 09:18 PM
I went to my therapist as Miki this morning for the second time. I felt really good, dressed nicely as if for work in a professional office. We had a very pleasant girl to girl session and I left her office with a smile and a bunch of confidence.

I had planned on heading down to the local mall and do some shopping for the first time dressed - AND I DID!

Went to Macy's and bought some jewelry. Had a nice conversation with the young, friendly and didn't bat a eye SA.

I left Macy's and went to the bareMinerals store and bought another lipstick. Again, the SA was extremely friendly and we talked briefly about how did my makeup turn out - she said 'nice' - what else is she going say. (I really like their products. Great coverage and very easy to apply.)

Well, I felt really good...until I realized I had been wearing a new pair of heels for over 4 hours and, damn, did my feet hurt!

Rogina B
06-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Could you have run away from those imaginary angry mobs with torches and pitchforks with those shoes on? Life is way too short,It is about time you got to do what you want to do!

mikiSJ
06-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Life is way too short. It is about time you got to do what you want to do!

Damn, right!!

Next stop, dining in San Francisco with some girl friends.

Ceri Anne
06-24-2013, 10:20 PM
Glad you had a wonderful day Miki. I had a nice evening out in my town the other night, just window shopping in the downtown. I do know why girls like flats when shopping now though. Lol

Barbara Ella
06-24-2013, 10:23 PM
Amazing what the mind will do when it is having a good time. Who needs feet anyhow? So happy for you girl.

Barbara

Beverley Sims
06-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Miki,
It isnice to be out and about regularly, the more you do these things the less you notice the milestones you pass.
I stop now and then and think.... Well I have come a long way over the years.
I covered more milestones between eighteen and twenty than I do now.

kimdl93
06-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Good for you, Miki. Do you feel that you world just got a lot bigger?

mikiSJ
06-25-2013, 10:10 PM
Good for you, Miki. Do you feel that you world just got a lot bigger?

By at least a couple of miles! :)