PDA

View Full Version : I have been thinking of eventually moving..............................

Dora
06-25-2013, 11:51 AM
More and more I am having thoughts of moving, I have been lately looking into Denver, Colorado, something I would like to do is first of all plan on a vacation and check out studio lites in Denver, one other reason for considering moving is right now where I live in Montana there is too much problems/hurt between me and family also in so many ways I would be able to move on from the past and start on a clean slate, also I have found out that there is a possibility that I could transfer my job to Denver.

linda allen
06-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Having a job when you move is a good thing. A necessary thing unless you are retired or otherwise have a steady source of income.

Moving to escape problems may work, but you will also lose your friends. Something to consider.

Bree Wagner
06-25-2013, 01:05 PM
All I can do is put in a plug that Denver is an amazing city and you could easily do far worse! I've got to move away in a year, but it's definitely been my favorite place to live and I plan on moving back here when I retire.

-Bree

Beverley Sims
06-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Dora,
It can be easier for you if you move to a place where you can live more anonymously.
Sometimes it is better to move away from family for a while.
It is not necessary to cut yourself from family completely, just enough to be out of their influences for a while.
Being independent is a part of growing up.

Sabrina133
06-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Hi Dora,

Take it from someone who has moved a lot both growing up and once on my own - moving can be a cleansing experience. Having said that, moving simply because its a change in location or because it provides something unique (Studio Lites) could lead to a perhaps disappointing experience. When i moved from the east coast to Kansas City, i did for a variety of reasons: Certainly to start anew after the end of a terrible relationship; because believe it or not, KC is very diversity friendly; a job opportunity and family located here.

Your reasons for picking Denver could be as simple as a recommendation from a friend, a unique capability, or a job or a combination of many other factors. Whatever reasons, be aware that pulling roots and starting anew is never easy and comes with its own problems. I don't know what your profession is or what your money earning skills are but I certainly would agree with Linda - i would recommend that you scout it out before you do move so you at least have some ideas of your prospects for earning a living.

I travel through Denver every year to go skiing -- it seems to me you could certainly do worse.

Good luck
Bree

Lorileah
06-25-2013, 02:39 PM
:idontknow: Gee I wish I knew someone in Denver. I hear it snows 10 months a year. Cattle wander the streets and cowboys are everywhere. People live for a mediocre Football team and Karren would tell you they don't even have a hockey team....And there is this person in the TG community who is a witch:smug:, princess and ice queen:evilbegon. (she is a sarcastic thing too...ask Bree).

I would live in Denver.:daydreaming:...But that is just me:D

Dora
06-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Right now as we speak so far everything is going good with my job and have my own place but also I like to search around for more of a T/G friendly area, the type of work I do is at a hospital doing housekeeping work and am able to transfer but also overall I do have alot of things to think about, also I really have to be careful because one time I moved to an area had a job all lined up and things didn't work out like planned and almost was homeless because of a disability that I have.

Annette Todd
06-25-2013, 08:56 PM
:idontknow: Gee I wish I knew someone in Denver. I hear it snows 10 months a year. Cattle wander the streets and cowboys are everywhere. People live for a mediocre Football team and Karren would tell you they don't even have a hockey team....And there is this person in the TG community who is a witch:smug:, princess and ice queen:evilbegon. (she is a sarcastic thing too...ask Bree).

I would live in Denver.:daydreaming:...But that is just me:D

I thought that was the nuggets!?! lol Denver used to have hockey and not just the horse type.

Personally, I can't stand Denver and not just because I had to drive a truck through it for four years. There are a lot of rude and condescending people there. Must be that Rocky mountain high. Lol

Annette

Angela Campbell
06-25-2013, 09:19 PM
I lived in Denver for years and loved it there. Actually I lived in Aurora but I worked in Denver. The best weather of anyplace I ever lived.

Sabrina133
06-25-2013, 09:27 PM
:.... People live for a mediocre Football team ....:D

You have a football team? :) just kidding

AmyGaleRT
06-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Dora, I'll be with you in a second, but first I've got to comment on this:

I've got to move away in a year, but it's definitely been my favorite place to live and I plan on moving back here when I retire.

(Amy does a Darth Vader impression) NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

(Oh, I do know why, Bree...my cousin had to leave Fort Collins for North Dakota when her husband got transferred; he's a missileer. That's how it works a lot of times in the Armed Forces. Still, that won't stop me missing her, or you!)

Now then, where was I? Oh yes, Dora. I like to think this is one of the last good places left, and it also happens to be a very good place for TGs, due to protections under the law. (I'm honored to say that one of my Facebook friends is a transwoman who lobbied hard to get the laws we have in place, in 2008! Thank you, Nancy-Jo! :hugs: ) Aside from Studio Lites (I've been by there, never checked it out), we have local T-friendly businesses like Hana Designs, an Aveda salon and wig studio. (I enjoyed getting my hair done there so much!). There's probably all kinds of other stuff that I don't know about yet because I'm still fairly new to getting out, but I think you'll be pleased!

Do make sure your employment is solid though; I'd hate to see you out in the cold because something slipped!

- Amy

kimdl93
06-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Having a job when you move is a good thing. A necessary thing unless you are retired or otherwise have a steady source of income.

Moving to escape problems may work, but you will also lose your friends. Something to consider.

Amen to that. Find a job and you'll be much better equipped to weather other challenges associated with this life change.

Dora
07-04-2013, 12:38 AM
Thanks for being very helpful, I am getting way ahead of myself again, I think my most best thing would be to eventually move to an apartment that is more private, believe me if anyone seen my apartment its not private and I know I could block the windows but also another thing I don't like is I can hear everyone outside my apartment talking, thats how I knew I was caught that one night and also the other part is I don't live in the most best neighborhood right now, I like to move to a better neighborhood.
What I thought of considering instead is my next vacation is either flying to Las Vegas or Los Angelas and going to a male to female makeover service so I can learn more about crossdressing.

CD_blue
07-04-2013, 12:45 AM
I've moved around country quite a bit. Returned home take care of some family issues currently but planning on moving somewhere else very soon. I suggest to everyone to move away from their home town for a few years at least. Couple times I moved to get a fresh start and all that. Don't ever regret doing it. Never been to Denver though so can't help ya there.