PDA

View Full Version : Household Chores While CD'ing...

RebeccaLynne
06-25-2013, 06:06 PM
...what're your thoughts? I mean, do you find them less onerous if you can at least crossdress while doing 'em, or is the drudgery level the same?

I posed the question 'cause I just got back from a week's vacation, and I'm doing lots of laundry and previously-neglected housework ('cause I was going on vacation... yeah, so, I know, I'm a procrastinator)!!!

Just to clarify... I don't consider these tasks "women's work"... I just prefer doing them dressed as one! :)

Kate Simmons
06-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Personally, I hate housework, being dressed notwithstanding. Many times I've offered to let any and all of the eager beavers here who like doing it to come to my place and knock themselves out doing it en femme. Never had any takers yet.:heehee::battingeyelashes::)

sheilagirl
06-25-2013, 06:25 PM
I love to do housework while CDing. I also DO NOT think of these tasks as women-only type chores,
I just just happen to enjoy vacuuming and dusting in a light blue chiffon negligee and high heels!
Thanks for asking!

Lynn Marie
06-25-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm a lady and expect to be treated as such. I do no work at all. I let the man who occasionally shows up here take care of that kind of drudgery. I just look pretty and flirt!

Tina955
06-25-2013, 07:40 PM
I just can't get myself to do any household chores unless I am dressed. I figure if I got a do it, I might as well enjoy what I am wearing while doing it. Also I don't consider it women's work either. Used to split it 50/50 with my wife.

Tina

Leona
06-25-2013, 08:45 PM
I don't pay attention to what I'm wearing anymore. Used to, because we have to go to a laundromat for laundry, but nowadays I just don't care.

But since I lounge in the evenings wearing a skirt (usually a sarong), I always cook at least partially dressed. I tend *not* too cook when I'm completely dressed because I don't want to splash anything that may not come out of my dresses.

Laura28
06-25-2013, 09:06 PM
My wife usally does it but i find when dressed i really enjoy doing house work.

Wren c
06-25-2013, 09:55 PM
Even washing the car seems more enjoyable

whowhatwhen
06-25-2013, 09:56 PM
I do all my cooking barefoot, naked, and in the kitchen
Still waiting to get pregnant though.

RileyEvans
06-25-2013, 10:00 PM
To me it does make it better. I hate cleaning with a passion but doing it while dressed at least gives me something to enjoy.

~Joanne~
06-25-2013, 10:01 PM
I do it dressed or not dressed but I do tend to do a bit more when dressed as it gives me some mileage in my heels and something to actually do while dressed.

Beverley Sims
06-25-2013, 11:18 PM
Household chores are just as onerous dressed or not.
Naked I would find it a little cold, except in the heat of summer. :)

Maria Blackwood
06-25-2013, 11:18 PM
I have two French maid outfits and a nearly authentic English chambermaid get up for housework.

Would not advise naked cooking if making a stir fry or anything that can splatter.

Plasibeau
06-26-2013, 12:08 AM
My house had about 1300 square feet, all carpet, I learned how to walk in heels by vacuuming. :)

CherylFlint
06-26-2013, 02:56 AM
I often dress when doing housework, you know, women’s jeans, sweatshirt.
I’ve even mowed the lawn in drag, back yard AND front yard, in the daytime, in the summer time, on a weekday, a couple of times, around 10 am.

lisa_cd
06-26-2013, 03:21 AM
I do it all the time, and I really love it, because the pink fog simply envelopes me while cleaning, and that's what I love about cross-dressing. It's feeling it, my femme side, all through me, and deep inside me.

EllenJo
06-26-2013, 06:06 AM
I have never minded doing the house work, but I enjoy doing it more when dressed. Not that I doll up to the max while doing chores, just love the feminine feeling of wearing a skirt with ballet flats while working around the house. I was raised in a traditional household back in the 60's. My mother and sisters did the house work while my brothers and I helped my Dad with the farm. When in high school preparing to go off to college my mother taught me how to cook and clean and even sew simple repairs. I always dress for what I see as the traditional "women's" work and dress in drab (with panties underneath) for traditional "men's" work. I certainly don't want to get grass stains or engine oil on any of my lady things.

I agree with Lisa's statement, I do feel my femme side deep inside while cooking and cleaning and it does make the chores seem fun.

Crissy Kay
06-26-2013, 06:56 AM
Its a big yes for me!! It gives me a good excuse to dress up for doing housework.

Karren H
06-26-2013, 06:59 AM
If Im getting dressed up no way am I going to work on anything..... or even hang around the house.....

Greenie
06-26-2013, 08:49 AM
First and foremost luca would need to start doing housework. Lol. I even suggested this because he hardly ever cleans.... So I told him to clean while dressed. maybe it will make it fun.

Melissa Rose
06-26-2013, 09:56 AM
I take care of all of the household work except cleaning the cat litter box. Chores are work and no fun regardless of how I am dressed. However, anything that makes them seem like less work or tedious is a good thing.

Alexis.j
06-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Im mostly dressed up to some extent at home, unless im doing dirty work or something that would dirty my clothes, normally wear a skirt around home. Panties and bra too...

Claire Cook
06-26-2013, 10:21 AM
I do it all the time, and I really love it, because the pink fog simply envelopes me while cleaning, and that's what I love about cross-dressing. It's feeling it, my femme side, all through me, and deep inside me.

I dress around the house a lot, and YES housework is more fun when I'm me!

suchacutie
06-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Tina, unlike her male side, is incredibly fastidious. So many things that my male self would overlook (not even on the radar screen!) is instantly noticed by Tina and she just can't not take care of it!

For the mundane stuff, both my gendered selves help to take care of our living space, but it is always more fun when Tina helps! :)

susants
06-26-2013, 11:23 AM
I always do all the housework at home my wife hates doing iy more then I do
She doesn't like me dresing but is ok with it when i'm doing the chores so I bought some maids outfits and wear them while doing chores it works for both of us

NANNETTE
06-26-2013, 01:23 PM
Washing the dishes and washing my female clothes. I love rinsing out my tights when I am dressed, it makes me feel so Womanly.

RebeccaLynne
06-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Ladies, thank you all for your responses. Reading through them, I'm not surprised that there seems to be quite a few of us that feel that although housework is a chore, doing so while crossdressing at least makes it less arduous.

I was particularly intriqued by those replies indicating a penchant for dressing appropriately for the aforementioned tasks: i.e., French Maid outfits ( I just have to get one... sooo sexy!), and maid's attire in general. :heehee:

Additionally, although I typically wear my hair loose en femme, I tie it up in a high pony while washing dishes, sweeping, scrubbing, or vacuuming... keeps it out of my face and reduces the dampness from perspiration. Anyone else here adjust their hairstyle while doing housework?

Just curious... are there others that dress specifically for housecleaning? I have a really pretty lace-trimmed apron I purchased online from Roses and Teacups, with, of course, a red roses motif; ultra feminine! :)

Again, thanks so much for your thoughts... no wonder I spend so much time here!:love:

Claire Cook
06-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Maid's uniforms? Nope, don't have any. Just wear what seems comfortable, usually a sleeveless blouse and shorts or a skirt, and a frilly apron. If I have long hair, I'll pin it back or maybe wear a short scarf. This thread reminds me of one of my fave Julie Andrews' songs ... "Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down..."

Princess Grandpa
06-26-2013, 02:18 PM
After the last of our residents leave the home each morning, I do my nails and put something on. *giggles about all the new choices*. Since this has started, I seem to be helping more with some of the household chores. I don't know how much of it is the giggle I get just from being dressed and how much of it is my desire to ensure Julie continues to like having another girl around.

Hugs
Rita

samantha11
06-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Yes I dress in my French Maids outfit, make-up, wig the whole nine yards and do the housework. If I am not in my outfit I just wear stockings and heels! Such fun for a rotten chore. LOL

Dianne S
06-26-2013, 02:34 PM
I dislike most housework, but doing it while dressed distracts me and makes me dislike it a little less.

Still, I'm not volunteering to clean anyone's house even if I can wear the prettiest outfit while doing it! :)

RebeccaLynne
06-26-2013, 02:48 PM
This thread reminds me of one of my fave Julie Andrews' songs ... "Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down..."

Claire, you're spot on. My inspiration for this thread stemmed entirely from the necessity of catching up on household chores, and how best to reduce the tedium attendant therein... thanks!

"Mary Poppins"... the first time I heard "A Spoonful Of Sugar"... I love Julie Andrews, too!

A "spoonful of sugar" is exactly what crossdressing is to me...that which enables me to swallow the unpleasant while appreciating the gift of how amazingly glorious I feel to be alive and dressing as I please...

Annaliese2010
06-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Yes I agree Rebecca Lynne. Being mySELF while doing chores smoothes everything out. Even housework goes well. Like...it doesn't not really feel like 'work'. As a woman, I no longer feel that inner resistance. I just go thru the motions. Get what needs to be Done. Feel better for it too. I accomplish so much more, so much effortlessly. Implicit to it all is the saying how "a girls work is never done we just go on and on somehow deal with it". Amen

Sonia_cd
06-26-2013, 02:58 PM
If I'm dressed absolutely nothing gets done, least of all housework. Might make myself some team sit down and read a book. Hahahaha...quite useless I am.

Sister Rachel
06-26-2013, 03:03 PM
Ironing is a real chore for me, but I find I get more of it done, and better, in a skirt, top and ballet flats! Laundry generally I find quite enjoyable in drag .. I just wish our garden wasn't overlooked, I'd love to peg out washing on the line dressed:daydreaming: .. I guess the neighbours think I'm pretty weird anyway for just hanging out ( Anne's and my ) skirts, tights and lingerie :heehee:

Stephanie47
06-26-2013, 03:07 PM
As a retiree with a still working wife, it is only proper that I do as many domestic chores as possible. My wife is a teacher. Except for the summer when she is off, I do the chores en femme. That includes laundry, changing the linens, ironing, vacuuming, cooking, baking, etc. I also have ample time to eat breakfast and lunch in our backyard. Of course, I am totally en femme a la June Cleaver; dress, slip, bra, panties, hosiery, heels, wig, etc.

There is no reason not to feel great while doing domestic chores.

Cheryl123
06-26-2013, 03:27 PM
Glad you asked. The only way housework gets done around here is when I dress up. My male side is politically correct and doesn't regard household chores as women's work but he never mops the floors. My fem side fulfills herself as a homemaker and I get tired of cleaning up after him ... he doesn't even leave the toilet seat down .. I'd divorce "him" if I could ... :)

mollycd99
06-27-2013, 02:07 AM
I often wind up doing housework while dressed. Not as an "activity" that I seek out and enjoy, but almost by definition when I'm dressed its "free time" and I take advantage of the free time by being productive.

My only complaint is that a) if I'm dressed up it feels distinctly odd to do the dishes in a party dress, and b) my breast forms shift uncomfortably when I'm bending over a lot picking things up. Need to wear the tight bra in those cases...

RADER
06-27-2013, 02:22 AM
I have a real nice French Maids outfit. I would never to house work while wearing it,
I do not want to get it dirty.
However, a skirt and top with bra and forms works well for me.
Rader

Madeline80
06-27-2013, 02:48 AM
Tried this the other day in my quest to know what a girl feels like...nice quiet day, no one home and not much else to do. Got dressed, did dishes, vacuumed, cleaned a bathroom, then out to the garage in an old t-shirt and shorts to fix/wash some motorcycles. It was a really cool feeling and Molly, you are right, breasts are hard to keep track of. So G/F is taking me shopping for some sports bras.

RebeccaLynne
06-27-2013, 04:20 AM
My only complaint is that... b) my breast forms shift uncomfortably when I'm bending over a lot picking things up. Need to wear the tight bra in those cases...

...Molly, you are right, breasts are hard to keep track of. So G/F is taking me shopping for some sports bras.

LOL! Molly, Madaline, and all the rest of you "domestic goddesses" seeking to keep the "girls" in place (under any circumstances): I highly recommend pocketed brassieres. I've got four: one of each in white, black, beige and pink; if you'd like to know where I got mine, send me a PM, and I'll be happy to share my source with you. She's also my "go to" girl for forms... and a member here. I'm sure you'll be pleased with her merchandise... top quality and affordable, as well! :)

And speaking of pleased... I really appreciate all of your responses to this thread. I'm having a great time reading them, and thank you all for sharing your thoughts on this topic! :bighug:

Leah Lynn
06-27-2013, 05:04 AM
When I get home from work I shower off the guy and go all girl. So all housework, etc. is done enfemme. Sometimes it's the "Donna Reed" thing, dress, hose, heels, etc. Other times it may be capris and a cami, but always forms, makeup and wig.

Leah

linda allen
06-27-2013, 08:35 AM
I don't dress in a maid's outfit to do household chores, nor do I dress up as a woman to do them. I don't dress as a male to do them either, I just do them wearing whatever I have on at the time, providing it's appropriate.

Equating hosework to women or dressing like a is pretty sexist.

susann_gardener
06-27-2013, 10:35 AM
I love doing any kind of work while dressed or partially dressed.
Most memorable time was changing the oil in the car wearing a set of Dolleys.
Couldn't keep them from bumping the under chassis and getting dirty!

ArleneRaquel
06-27-2013, 03:41 PM
I always do household chores while dressed enfemme. I would never consider doing them any other way.

Dianne S
06-27-2013, 04:16 PM
Equating hosework to women or dressing like a is pretty sexist.

Yeah, but for me that's not the point. Doing a tedious task while cross-dressed takes my mind off the tedium.

RebeccaLynne
06-27-2013, 04:35 PM
I always do household chores while dressed enfemme. I would never consider doing them any other way.

Arlene, seems we're definitely on the same page. Were I to leave the housework to my "guy side", I doubt it would ever get done. I suppose that has a lot to do with
my upbringing; Mom kept the house neat and tidy, and Dad worked to pay the bills.

I find myself filling both roles. As Leah Lynn pointed out, "shower off the guy". I apply make-up, dress femme, and complete the transformation from breadwinner to homemaker.

I wouldn't want it any other way. I relish the option of changing clothes, and my responsibilities, simultaneously... I may not be capable of multi-tasking (OMG, maybe I'm not as much a woman as I thought!), but I can certainly focus on accomplishing the tasks at hand; i.e., a clean and orderly living environment.

Then again... just wanting an inviting and pleasant living space in which to feel comfortable... that's a woman's thing, right?

OK, I'm relieved... lots of women I know can't multi-task either, yet it doesn't interfere with their ability to get the job done. We like pleasant and comfortable living quarters.

So I'm reclaiming my "woman" card. It feels right!:)

ArleneRaquel
06-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Thank you RebeccaLynne,
I do evertyhing enfemme and I love living the way that I do. Hugs & Best Wishes.

Jilmac
06-27-2013, 11:02 PM
I have often done some household chores dressed. Things like dishes, laundry, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, and bedding to name a few. There are certain things I won't do dressed like cleaning the bathroom (especially the toilet) washing windows and painting.

candydawn75
06-28-2013, 04:53 AM
Yep only way to work!! lol Comfy sundress and flats and getter done! lol

Jaymees22
06-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Yes I love to clean the house when I'm dressed, sometimes my wife thinks the house is too clean. Hugs Jaymee

Alice B
06-28-2013, 12:56 PM
I'm much more inclined to do home chores when dressed. My wife is out of the country and yesterday I did laundry and cleaned the kitchen. Today will vacuum the house. It is a very large one.

Laurie A
06-28-2013, 01:11 PM
Sometimes I enjoy wearing a black jersey knit outfit while cleaning and doing the laundry, my SO calls it my "laundry dress" She works 4 days a week and I work 6 days a week, but somehow I wind up doing almost all of the house work... hmmmm, But for some reason when I wear my laundry dress it seems to go a little easier, or at least I'm not as grumpy about it....

Stevie
06-28-2013, 02:30 PM
I actually like to do chores enfem and feel more comfortable that way that in drab but my fem clothes are mostly all dress. I do not like to do chores in drab and do feel it is woman's work. Don't mean to offend women but that was how I was raised. But like I said I really do like to clean when I'm dressed.