PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have their ear's pierced?

JuliaC
06-27-2013, 05:15 PM
I kinda want to get my ears pierced so I can wear cute earings. I am just not sure if I am willing to have earring in my guy life everday.

MssHyde
06-27-2013, 05:18 PM
both ears are double pierced

JuliaC
06-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Do you ever get questioned about them when your out as a guy?

linda allen
06-27-2013, 05:26 PM
If anyone asks me about my earrings, I tell them they are not earrings, they are cell phone booster antennas. ;)

Seriously, people who had known me for years commented and one made a big deal, making a show of taking a picture of them at a restaurant with friends. Nobody called me a "queer" or anything.

People I've never met or been close to never say a thing. Of course, I'm wearing "male" earrings in public, not dangle earrings or hearts.

There are dozens of threads on the subject so do a search and read what's already been posted.

sandra-leigh
06-27-2013, 05:36 PM
I used to be very self-conscious about earrings, even tiny little clip-ons. I would slip them on when no-one was looking and I would make sure they were mostly covered by my hair, except when I got especially daring and jiggled them a little so that people who were looking right at me might happen to see them.

Now I typically wear mid-sized dangling earring that make no pretense at all of being male, and if my earrings are not seen it is because my hair falls 9" below my shoulder.

The remarks I get on them when I go out are, "I like those earrings", or (from vendors) "I think these would go well on you" (those vendors tend to choose badly, LOL.) When I was Back Home, yes, I did get asked about them one time from someone who has known me for several decades but had not seen me for 3+ years and was asking whether they, in conjunction with other visible markers, signified anything.

At work, I had my ears pierced and was regularly wearing dangling earrings for at least 18 months before my boss noticed.

MssHyde
06-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Do you ever get questioned about them when your out as a guy?
not really, but I sure don't wear the same jewelry.

in girl mode I wear 3-1/2" hoops the most, in guy mode tiny gold hoops, with tiny diamonds in the back holes.

at work sometimes I may wear an earring or not. when I go out in either mode I usually have 4 holes filled.

Kathy4ever
06-27-2013, 07:00 PM
I think in this day and age ear rings are not a big deal on guys. At one time I had 6 and wore them all the time. Nobody ever said a word to me. For what ever reason I stopped wearing them but I can wear 5 when ever I want now. The only one I don't try anymore was the one I had in my top left ear. That one took the longest to heal and seemed to get soar a lot. Just remember it will be a while before you can wear hoops. Once they heal enough to change them you will be happy you did. There are lot more choices for pierced ears than clip ear rings. Go a head and get them done.

Laura28
06-27-2013, 07:09 PM
I would love to have mine done, i hate the clip ons they hurt arfter a few hours. But with my job it wouldnt be accaptable.

CherylAnne
06-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Double piercings in both ears. I wear large hoops, dangly, "girly" all the time, nothing ever said to me at work, church, anywhere. Go for it, it you are married, gives your spouse more things to give you at presents time.

Stacey Summer
06-27-2013, 07:12 PM
My left ear is pierced 6 times. Has been for years. My right is pierced 2 times. No one ever says anything. People have more important things on their minds.

Eryn
06-27-2013, 07:15 PM
Had mine done a cople of weeks ago. My starters are small hoops. No comments from boy mode friends, several compliments from girl mode friends!

Cristi
06-27-2013, 07:20 PM
My ears have been pierced for almost 14 years now (how could it be that long!!)

To this day, I STILL get people coming up to me at work that just noticed and asked me if I'd just gotten them done. Not only have I had them for 14 years, but I ALWAYS have something in them (either studs, or very small hoops). It just goes to show you how little some people notice.

Kandy Barr
06-27-2013, 07:24 PM
I've had mine pierced since the early 80s, not really an issue anymore. Looking back I've never been given any grief about them that I recall. I love the variety I have to choose from and have never regretted having them done. Go for it, you'll love the freedom. You'll have to wear the starter studs till the holes heal, but if your worried about what people might say just look at all the football, baseball, and basketball pros who wear earrings in both ears. This day and time its pretty much a non issue.

Phoebe
06-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Yes twice in each ear. First piercing was twenty five years ago. When I went to work at a mostly male shop the shop foreman said "oh you had your ears pierced?" I said yes and that was all that was said. Second time twenty years ago worked in a small shop and one older male had his ears pierced twice. Went the next weekend and had my second piercing. I wear small stud earrings most of the time, no one says anything.

Kelly DeWinter
06-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Ears Pierced ? In this site ? It's highly doubtful if anyone here will EVER do that. ...

Asp
06-27-2013, 08:03 PM
A lot of men wear earrings, even with both ears pierced. My boyfriend has both his pierced, and he presents himself to everyone as straight.

Majella St Gerard
06-27-2013, 08:11 PM
both ears are double pierced, I don't think anyone has mentioned them.

Jolene Robertson
06-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Have had mine pierced for 30 years, 3 in left ear 2 in right. Never had a problem with it or any negative comments.
But on this site I'm sure I'm one of the few.
You can have small studs, they even have plastic ones that are almost invisible, since you have to keep them in for several weeks or until they heal properly. Then you only have to wear them when you want, I usually only wear one in each ear but the other holes are still there. So go ahead now days it's not such a big deal.

SharonDD
06-27-2013, 08:18 PM
I have both ears pierced. Left ear 28 years ago and the right several times but left it in 8 years ago.

Kittie
06-27-2013, 08:24 PM
I had a stud in my ear as a child until it got infected. Never had any piercings since. Earrings are generally one of the things that are not my thing.

jillleanne
06-27-2013, 08:26 PM
Both ears done about 10 years or so. No issues at all with people from any walk of life. I only wear a diamond stud in each ear if in male mode without issue.

Terraforming
06-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Not me. It's actually not something I ever even really think about. I don't think earrings would be a good look for me, anyway.

DonnaWanna
06-27-2013, 08:49 PM
I have had both my ears pierced for five years. It's old news. Go for it. No one cares if men pierce their ears, and if they say anything, it's none of their business,,,,

Leah Lynn
06-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Done about 40 years ago. I love hoops and dangling earrings. I have a few chandelier sets.

Leah

NathalieX66
06-27-2013, 08:56 PM
I was 18 when I did mine. My mom had quite the fit.

Leona
06-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Had mine done years ago, then lost interest so I let them close. Married to someone who didn't really approve (even though she was the one that pierced them!), which meant I couldn't wear what I wanted, so I didn't wear anything.

When I come up with the money, it's on the list. I figure I'll go with studs until the first healing is done, and then I'll wear whatever I want. :) (Studs at work, though, wouldn't want a dangler to get caught in the brake lathe)

Missy
06-27-2013, 09:06 PM
I have both ears double pierced

Jackiefl
06-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Both ears triple pierced and never a single comment!

paulaprimo
06-27-2013, 10:08 PM
had my left ear done almost 30 years ago. shortly after i added a second, then a third, then did the right ear, then added a fourth to the left, for a total of 5...in my ears :)

AmyGaleRT
06-27-2013, 10:14 PM
Sabrina has forbidden me to do this. She doesn't even have her ears pierced! Oh well, this way we can share clips, of which I have many. :)

- Amy

Cynthia Anne
06-27-2013, 10:19 PM
For the past twenty five years my ears have ben triple pierced! Only twice has anyone asked why!

Brooklyn
06-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Yes. The jewelry options are much better with pierced ears. Your friends will ask you about it, and your 'rents may have a fit. Eventually, you probably will forget about them being there. Please go to a pro piercer who uses a needle and follow your after-care instructions.

Jilmac
06-27-2013, 10:46 PM
I had my ears pierced in 2009 and I considre it one of the best choices I have made in my crossdressing career. I wear my studs 24/7 and have never gotten any negative feedback.

Aly Cat
06-28-2013, 12:23 AM
I got mine pierced back in 2004 but i gauged mine. They are still a bit gauged, but not all crazy. I cant stick sharpies through my ears anymore. I tell ya, it is nice having a place to hang your pens lol. Now, they are just barely bigger than a normal piercing. No one has ever really said anything about it other than...wow, those are big. I gave the typical immature response of course lol. Ive matured quite a bit. >.<

Beverley Sims
06-28-2013, 01:34 AM
I am still saying it....
One day.
After I am accepted by "Procrastinators International". :)

Joni T
06-28-2013, 02:21 AM
Each ear twice and working on the 3rd and 4th hole in both.
Jooni

Cheryl T
06-28-2013, 02:52 AM
Both are double pierced and I wear Diamond studs in the uppers all the time with small gold hoops in the lowers (drab) and have lots of pairs for when I dress.
No one has said anything, not even close friends who have big mouths most of the time.

dusktreader
06-28-2013, 03:59 AM
I have both ears double pierced, and I am so glad I did. I thought about getting my ears pierced for a little longer than 10 years before I finally did. Seemed like I always had an excuse not to. Really, it was just mostly anxiety about how it would be accepted socially. Even among my conservative family, I haven't gotten grief, and people usually compliment me on my piercings if they say anything at all. In day-to-day life, I most often wear stainless 1/2" 12 ga hoops with captive balls in my lower piercings and stainless steel ball studs in my uppers. I sometimes wear jeweled studs or more decorative hoops. However, it's so awesome to have so many more jewelry options when I am dressed up!

Piercing is pretty inexpensive as body modifiations go, and it doesn't hurt that bad in the ears at all. You won't get near as much grief as you think, and I bet you will love having them pierced. Just make sure that you go to a professional so you get good placement and proper hygiene.

Catherine Hopkins
06-28-2013, 04:06 AM
Both pierced and no comments (apart from my mother, who asked about it once).

Can't wear them for work so had to use these (http://www.body-piercing-jewellery.com/acatalog/BioFlex-Internal-Labret-Retainer-1-2mm-16G-US-BioIntLbRS.html#.Uc1RoBb2Pyc) for the eight weeks or so post piercing, which nobody commented upon. Now, the practice in handling of taking my simple studs out and putting them back in helps. Simple studs in boy mode but I just love elegant earrings in girl mode. Often very simple.

Sabrina133
06-28-2013, 08:53 AM
yes, both ears double pierced. Was one of the first things i had done getting out of the Army.

linda allen
06-28-2013, 04:22 PM
......................... When I come up with the money, it's on the list.

It was only about $35 at the mall for me. You can get some pretty nice earrings on eBay after your piercings heal for just a few dollars. Gold filled is fine.

shawnsheila
06-28-2013, 05:30 PM
I got my left ear pierced when I was 18 but took out the earring after I got married (my wife said something about looking professional or something ;))
I have been thinking about getting them both pierced as a way to make my daughter feel brave when she goes to get her ears pierced :) I just need to float it past my wife :)

Jenni Yumiko
06-28-2013, 09:36 PM
5 on left two on right. Gotta pop them cause I don't wear jewelry often

Kat42
06-28-2013, 11:38 PM
Not yet, but *WANT*!

Seems to be more and more accepted every day. Noticed the guy making my subway sammy had both done with large "diamonds".

(If they were actual diamonds, each one would have been > 5 carats so I assume something else)

Dana L
06-29-2013, 12:15 AM
Both ears double now. Left 25 years ago right 4 years ago and both 3 years ago. Love'em!

FoxxxyBri
06-29-2013, 12:21 AM
No piercings. BUt someone I was camming with suggested that I get earrings and I did. And they were right. It does add to the look.

So I am planning on getting my ears pierced eventually.

Briana90802
06-29-2013, 08:16 AM
I have both ears peirced. I recommend you get I done, it'll make you look younger since teens and twenties generally have theirs done.

Starr
06-29-2013, 09:15 AM
That is my next step... thought I would have already done it by now but just have not got out to get it done.

Alexis.j
06-29-2013, 10:13 AM
Both ears, 3 in each... I suggest going to a professional piercer that uses needles, alternatively, the piercing "guns" are relatively pain free when getting it done. Look after it and enjoy.

5150 Girl
06-29-2013, 10:31 AM
I had both mine done even before I came out. When you're drab, just select an earring that screams "I'm a ROCKER!"

shortskirt87
07-01-2013, 02:10 AM
Two in each ear plus a little nose stud. Nobody cares and I love them!

TeresaCD
07-01-2013, 02:33 AM
Have had 2 in left for some time.
Got one in my right last weekend - clip ons were really nastying my earlobe.
Only my son #2 has said anything, so everyone else must be being polite (who cares?)

Julogden
07-01-2013, 03:41 AM
Both my ears since 1985.

Carol

donnatracey
07-02-2013, 01:35 AM
Just reading a thread like this rekindles my desire to have mine done...even at my advanced age!.....:heehee:

Eryn
07-02-2013, 01:51 AM
Donna, just get yourself to Piercing Pagoda, plunk yourself on the chair, and in less time than you have spent reading this thread you'll have lovely pierced ears!

My daughter and I had ours done at the same time. I was in drab. The fellow who was about to pierce mine asked "What made you two decide to get your ears pierced today? I pointed at my daughter and said "Rite of passage" then to myself and said "Mid-life crisis!" He found that quite amusin and it wasn't that far from the truth!

ringedjohn
07-02-2013, 02:02 AM
I have three in each ear. Started back in 1960. Love them.

If anybody asks I just say that earrings are much cheaper than a Harley.

Alexcutie
07-02-2013, 05:25 AM
There are ways to wear cute ratings with out getting your ears pierced. Look up on eBay for clip on earing findings. They range from 2 to 6 bucks. And basicially you can convert any and all regular earings to clip on ones

Sandieland
07-02-2013, 10:35 AM
I just had both ears done last week. Some tips: Do follow instructions about cleaning and taking care of your new piercings - you don't want an infection to set in. Also, be very selective about the studs you have put in... you'll have to wear them about a month without taking them out (to allow your ears time to heal around the studs). It is not recommended for you to change studs during the healing process, and once they're in - you gotta live with them for a bit. Since you can't take them off for this length of time, if you have to go to work or out with family and don't want to be seen with both studs on at the same time (a good flag about your feminine side)... have one ear done at a time. Harrison Ford wears a stud all the time and if someone remarks about it, just bring him up. lol Now, I'm anxiously awaiting the moment I can start wearing some beautiful new earrings I just bought.

Rebecca Watson
07-02-2013, 02:46 PM
I just had both ears done last week.

So did I!! First day wearing them in the workplace there was a student barbecue which I attended, at which one of the female students says: "I like your earrings; pink is my favourite colour." (Yes, I chose pink; both ears.) I replied "Thanks, I like yours too." (One other female student mentioned them as well.)

I had lunch today with some of the members of faculty; nobody mentioned them, and, in fact, I forgot I was wearing them. (Although maybe people here are getting accustomed to me wearing girly things.)

- Becky

Joanne f
07-02-2013, 03:17 PM
I have three in each ear , always keep the two top ones with studs in and take bottom studs out when I want to wear dangling ones, I have only been commented on them twice, once quite a few years ago when a friends daughter asked ," Why have you go earrings in" I just replied ,"Because I have holes in my ears" and then a checkout girl noticed that I had three in my left ear and said ," That's cool you have three studs in your ear " so I turned my head and said, Yes and three more in the other ear" she just said , That's cool as you don't see that very often .

Annaliese2010
07-02-2013, 04:36 PM
I kinda want to get my ears pierced so I can wear cute earings. I am just not sure if I am willing to have earring in my guy life everday.Geeze, funny you should mention that!!! I was JUST considering the same thing. A GG friend who knows about, accepts & encourages me...one day left behind (forgot) her delicate 14 kt gold-hoop pierced earrings. When I finally noticed them sitting on a table, I remembered how pretty she looked in them and naturally thought, hmm... *I* wanna wear those, if she'd let me.

When I inquired, she said yeah she'd go with me to get my ears pierced. And also she wants to get a new tatt too, and I'm thinking, Yeah! Good idea, so do I! For the 1st time. Get inked....dunno where on my bod...thinking of lower left abdomen, just above my d*ck. But....what? What image, logo of subtle design? What's the theme of life at this time? Hmmm....thinking on it. No names. Nothing crass. Something wistful, elegant. Significant to me. Small yet intricate. And very definitely QUALITY.

[ASIDE] Isn't engaging the Girl in you while a delight, a torture too? Know what I mean? 'Cause from the pov of that fraction of a 'man' that yet lingers, and thus from 'his' diminished yet persistent perspective...his judgements you cannot resist. How he whispers, reflects. (omg watta pain in tha a** he is). But still...

I mean....GEEEZE! Sooo many things to decide! We are swept away in time. By detail. The blur of color & form. Always trying to make it match, nice to the eye. Not random or gratuitous. Esthetic. Euphonious. Pleasant. And thing is? It DOES make a difference. There IS an 'ideal' towards which we strive. Perhaps more than GG girls who, by default are intrinsically beautiful, desirable, but also how they only have to half Try...to get what they want. By their nascent radiance, they simply show up. Their sheer presence makes it Right. Yet to us....detail and decision making is EVERYTHING. We, perhaps more than any other gender feel the need to achieve perfect harmony, or some approximation to it?

Ahh but I digress...sorry...

In other words don't Worry about pierced ears. It's such a slight wound. No one will care. If you're not running for political office or have a deep 6 figure income by profession, that kind of itty bitty little thingy means Nothing to no one nowadays. Hell...most ppl cant even keep up with whats going on day-to-day. LIFE comes at us at Light Speed now & it's only gonna get more so i.e. everyone's confused. LOL

(but not me, nor you...for WE are the Vanguard on the forward curve of things. ahead of the game. in fact we Define the new upcoming)

Be as you ARE. Do as you DO. Don't saddle yourself with an upside down smile. It's ok Julia. Get your cute ears pierced. You'll be pleased and so will everybody else.

:battingeyelashes:

MssHyde
07-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Geeze, funny you should mention that!!! I was JUST considering the same thing. A GG friend who knows about, accepts & encourages me...one day left behind (forgot) her delicate 14 kt gold-hoop pierced earrings. When I finally noticed them sitting on a table, I remembered how pretty she looked in them and naturally thought, hmm... *I* wanna wear those, if she'd let me.

When I inquired, she said yeah she'd go with me to get my ears pierced. And also she wants to get a new tatt too, and I'm thinking, Yeah! Good idea, so do I! For the 1st time. Get inked....dunno where on my bod...thinking of lower left abdomen, just above my d*ck. But....what? What image, logo of subtle design? What's the theme of life at this time? Hmmm....thinking on it. No names. Nothing crass. Something wistful, elegant. Significant to me. Small yet intricate. And very definitely QUALITY.

[ASIDE] Isn't engaging the Girl in you while a delight, a torture too? Know what I mean? 'Cause from the pov of that fraction of a 'man' that yet lingers, and thus from 'his' diminished yet persistent perspective...his judgements you cannot resist. How he whispers, reflects. (omg watta pain in tha a** he is). But still...

I mean....GEEEZE! Sooo many things to decide! We are swept away in time. By detail. The blur of color & form. Always trying to make it match, nice to the eye. Not random or gratuitous. Esthetic. Euphonious. Pleasant. And thing is? It DOES make a difference. There IS an 'ideal' towards which we strive. Perhaps more than GG girls who, by default are intrinsically beautiful, desirable, but also how they only have to half Try...to get what they want. By their nascent radiance, they simply show up. Their sheer presence makes it Right. Yet to us....detail and decision making is EVERYTHING. We, perhaps more than any other gender feel the need to achieve perfect harmony, or some approximation to it?

Ahh but I digress...sorry...

In other words don't Worry about pierced ears. It's such a slight wound. No one will care. If you're not running for political office or have a deep 6 figure income by profession, that kind of itty bitty little thingy means Nothing to no one nowadays. Hell...most ppl cant even keep up with whats going on day-to-day. LIFE comes at us at Light Speed now & it's only gonna get more so i.e. everyone's confused. LOL

(but not me, nor you...for WE are the Vanguard on the forward curve of things. ahead of the game. in fact we Define the new upcoming)

Be as you ARE. Do as you DO. Don't saddle yourself with an upside down smile. It's ok Julia. Get your cute ears pierced. You'll be pleased and so will everybody else.

:battingeyelashes:

I was thinking of this

Annaliese2010
07-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Thank you MssHyde. You're an Angel :battingeyelashes:

Kimberly Renee
07-02-2013, 09:06 PM
I had both ears pierced today (age 48)! 4mm yellow gold studs. Now to see if I can remember to take care of them like I'm supposed too. Almost kind of a let down, if I'm not looking at them I don't know they are there. i was expecting some kind of feeling, like when I used to wear the clip and magnetic ones. Oh well, I still love'em!

Been thinking about doing it for a few weeks. I was going to go to a tattoo parlor, but the one I went to was a bit pricey and he only used the small hoops. I wanted studs. Was in the mall today on another errand, saw Claire's and said, "today's the day!"

I'm not worried about reactions from others. As has been stated, guys with earrings are no big deal with the majority of people. Once I can start changing them out, my dressing will be more fun!

Etsy
07-02-2013, 10:11 PM
This guy's nice and he has some earrings.

http://images.wikia.com/reddwarf/images/1/1f/Nigel.jpg

Maria S
07-03-2013, 07:05 AM
I had my ears pierced in January. At first I was very concious of them now I almost forget I am wearing my man studs. Ocassionally I have taken them out for interviews or my aunt's funeral in March. Now I just change to girlie ones and then change back again.

Maria

JuliaLocke
07-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Two in the left and three in the right, but I only wear earrings in the "main" holes these days.

Tina Marie
07-03-2013, 03:07 PM
I had both ears done. My wife supported because she knew I did not like the clip on type. I wear diamond posts when in male mode and out.

Erica Marie
07-03-2013, 05:06 PM
I have had my left ear double pierced for over 25 yrs. Just had my right one done two weekends ago. Only my son noticed. He didnt make any big deal of it. It is fairly common for guys to have their ears pierced.

Princess Grandpa
07-03-2013, 05:15 PM
One ear I pierced myself many many years ago. I just got the other one done. Pretty pink peace signs. So far nobody in my house has noticed
Hug
Rita