PDA

View Full Version : 1st Time to a Club....Any advice??

Anita Mae GG
12-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Hello all,

My hubby and I are going to venture out to a club in Boston. We will be seeing a drag show. He will NOT be going dressed this first time (we both want to be more comfy first). For my first time ever being exposed to this environment, any advice or heads up you can give me....?

This is our first time going together. He went to some in the past (mostly not dressed and alone, did go en femme once (with ex girlfriend who wasn't too supportive) in his life). He is timid about going out again. I am trying to assure him things will be fine. So alas we posponed the "dressed" outing until we are both feeling like we can handle it. so our 1st outing is going to be just us going to check it out. I am hoping he is not feeling funny because he is taking me (a supportive wife) out with him.

So basically, now that I have been rambling...any words of wisdom for him and I?

Maddie
12-19-2005, 12:19 PM
go early get a seat up close and enjoy yourselves

Claire B
12-19-2005, 12:26 PM
Hi, My suggestion is that you keep a open mind about all that you will see and expirence. I think that it is great that you are openly supportive.

Hugs Claire

GypsyKaren
12-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Just go and enjoy yourselves! I think you'll find that us girls are real sweethearts who like to have a good time, and are quite fun to be around.

GypsyKaren

Deidra Cowen
12-19-2005, 12:44 PM
You are doing it the right way. Take him in drab to the club a time or two. Get comfortable with things then you can take him back Dressed. Thats what I did at first. Went down to Model Ts and Le Buzz here in Atlanta several times in drab and checked out the scene.

Be sure to tip the Drag Queens when they perform. Here in Atlanta the normal thing is to tip them a dollar each perfomance. They usually go out into the crowd and you tuck the money in their garter or some other place.

The Drag Queens typically are not interested in us CD types...but if you see CDs out in the crowd be sure to go up and say hi to them. Especially with you two being a couple they will be comfortable if you are nice. Thats how I first met some Tgirls here in Atlanta that are now some of my best friends.

Have fun!

Deidra

kathy gg
12-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Hi,

Been to many tg/gay/drag show clubs and never felt not welcomed at any. I also am the wife of a cd and we have been to clubs in tx, new york, georgia, and of course here in toronto our home). I think going to scope the place in regular mode might be easier at first. if really nervous ask about what their washroom policy is. Some bars let everyoen use any bothroom while others are relaly strict about boys even dressed) using the boys room. So ask if you are not sure.

One thing as everyone has said, to do is keep an open mind. While he is in boy mode and you are with him people might think there is a Will&Grace situation at play, so one of you might get hit on. If he is dressed that is also a chance as well. The thing to do if you are up for it is to stand very close to each other, hold hands, show affection like normal. I find the closer we stand together the less we get hit on. But it never fails usually when one of us goes to the bar or the washroom, someone will hit on the other. But jsut be polite tactful and direct. If someone is drunk or really rude, alert the bartender or staff. Most tg/gay bars are really not into people acting like fools in their places. Sadly I have seen more 'admirer' types get gross than the gays & lesbians in the bar.

If you look like a couple chances are you will be viewed as one.

Also, make sure of where you are parking..is the lighting good, if you are drinking, maybe getting a cab to and from is safest. I know when I used to go out in texas teh bar was a bit 'rough' around the edges and some evenings we would ask the doorman to walk us to our car at the end of the evening. And he did, no questions asked. better to be safe than sorry.

Best of luck and I hope you enjoy yourself!

GirlyGirl
12-19-2005, 04:29 PM
If only everyone had that

GG

AlysonCD
12-19-2005, 06:12 PM
I used to work at a bar here that held drag shows every other Friday nights and all the information you have been given so far is pretty much what I would've said. Just be prepared for some really wild music. And yes, you probably will see some cd's out in the crowd. I can't think of any reason why you won't have a good time, and who knows, the two of you might get some clothing ideas. ;)

Shelly2069
12-19-2005, 07:36 PM
If your going to Jacques in downtown Boston bring the 9mm glock, it's about one of the seediest place I've been... I hated that bar from the first time to the last. Forget seeing a dragshow, because there isn't anywhere to get near the stage due to the place being packed like a bunch of sardines at least on Saturday nights. Honestly it's not a great place for a couple to hang out. Too many TS hookers and johns.

If you want a nice comfortable spot for drinks and a good time, with good people, go to friends landings in Haverhill MA. Totally impressive night club 3 floor and tons of room to dance. The crowd is Bi, lez, straight, gay and transgender all partying together. Saturday night is the night when you will find the Tgirls.

Sophia Rearen
12-19-2005, 08:23 PM
Tamm,
What is your reason for wanting to go?
Good advice from everyone. Shelly in particular, wow, that's telling it like it is!

Shelly2069
12-19-2005, 08:40 PM
Tamm,
Good advice from everyone. Shelly in particular, wow, that's telling it like it is!

I use to run with a bunch of other tgirls and do the clubs in downtown Boston. Jacques is the only place I know that does drag shows and on Saturday night there's usually a bacholerette party going on. For the most part they fill up the whole seating area, leaving an extremely small space for the regulars to stand for most of the night.

Some gropping and grabbing goes on over there, hehehe. Anyway not everyone was sleazy. On a 1 to 10 scale, I'd rate the place a 2 maybe. I'm just not into the trashy places.

Sophia Rearen
12-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Jacques is the only place I know that does drag shows and on Saturday night there's usually a bacholerette party going on. For the most part they fill up the whole seating area, leaving an extremely small space for the regulars to stand for most of the night.

So, are the bachorlerette's and friends the reason for the 9mm Glock? LOL

Jillian310
12-19-2005, 09:15 PM
One of my most dearest girlfriends is a drag performer, stage name Vinca DaVine. No one puts more effort or energy than she does into her performances. I strongly suggest that the audience be pretty liberal with the tips. If there is anythig that troubles me at the shows is that too many in the audience are just a little (?) cheap when it comes to tipping. Please remember these girls put a lot of expense as well as energy into their performances. So lets all be generous, and show our appreciation for thier efforts. :angel:

Shelly2069
12-19-2005, 09:29 PM
So, are the bachorlerette's and friends the reason for the 9mm Glock? LOL

The area isn't the best and sometimes you have to walk a few blocks from the parking lots on some very dark side streets. Also, Inside some of the characters can be pretty freakin touch happy.

Sarahgurl371
12-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Tamm,
I have no advice since my wife accompaning me anywhere is probably a pipe dream. Just wanted to say that I think its wonderful what you are doing, and that I hope you both have fun! As with any night out though, I would guess just be mindful of you surrondings.

Anita Mae GG
12-20-2005, 12:00 PM
If your going to Jacques in downtown Boston bring the 9mm glock, it's about one of the seediest place I've been... I hated that bar from the first time to the last. Forget seeing a dragshow, because there isn't anywhere to get near the stage due to the place being packed like a bunch of sardines at least on Saturday nights. Honestly it's not a great place for a couple to hang out. Too many TS hookers and johns.

If you want a nice comfortable spot for drinks and a good time, with good people, go to friends landings in Haverhill MA. Totally impressive night club 3 floor and tons of room to dance. The crowd is Bi, lez, straight, gay and transgender all partying together. Saturday night is the night when you will find the Tgirls.

Thanks for the heads up cuz that is where we were going to go.....beside Haverill any other suggestions?

Anita Mae GG
12-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Tamm,

He wants to go and would like for me to go with him. I want to go just to experience this side of his life and get comfortable with it and just to be supportive of him :)

Shelly2069
12-20-2005, 07:10 PM
He wants to go and would like for me to go with him. I want to go just to experience this side of his life and get comfortable with it and just to be supportive of him :)

Getting in touch with Claire at TGNORTH.

Honestly, I don't know of any other place that does dragshows in Boston. I know Jacques does shows during the week too so that 's something to consider when it might not be a packed night. Not that I ride a high horse, but that's just not a great place that I enjoyed and I've been with friends more than a handful of times. I like Friend's Landing because it attracts better quality of people. Ones with teeth and such.

If you wanted to do something cool. Check out when TG north is having a another party. tgnorth.com TGnorth is in Vermont, a short road trip from MA. Chris and Claire a wonderful married couple (female and male) neither are trans. They are some of the kindiest folks I'd every met. They give the Trans community a great outlet to come together. A few years ago I went to a couple of there bashes and they are fun. They have a good sized dance hall and many of the girls perform there little numbers on stage. It's really a riot.

It's a chance to meet other tgirls in a friendly safe place and there are wives and girlfriend that come too. No way is it like a support group thing. It's a party night. On a side note, Claire does great makeovers all afternoon on many of the girls for a low fee or there's plenty of mirrors around and privacy do your makeup yourself if you choose. If you consider this as an option, you can get a decent hotel room not too far from TGnorth. Your CD can de-girlify before leaving, too. Most of the girls stay over night in sleeping bags and it's kinda strange waking up seeing wigs, heels and half dressed tgirls wandering around looking for the coffee, hehehe. Think of a tg bomb going off in a locker room, kidding.

It's a good place to start, you'd have no regrets. I promise.