PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Visit

Kat42
06-29-2013, 12:40 AM
I had an appointment with the dermatologist [routine check of the moles and consult on a recent rash]. Normally I'm underdressed (panties) 24/7. But I generally dig out the old male undies for dr visits.

Last time I visited the Doc, the undressing instructions were "go disrobe in the corner and put on this gown." (you know the gown, the one that "closes" in the back but is in reality open all the way down. So I didn't worry much about the panties. Figured they would be off in a pile with the rest of my clothes.

I selected a pair of Jockey's. Ok, it was a Jockey's for her hipster in light lavender. So I was a bit surprised when the disrobe instructions this visit specifically included "leave your underwear on".

Um... Ok.. What the heck?

I couldn't see their faces when they got to a point to see the panties but I heard no snickers.

So even money if they recognised the undies for what they were, but either way they were professional about it.

BTW, I rewarded my self with a visit to the nearby JCP outlet. After browsing a bit, a sales droid inquired if there she could be of assistance. I explained I'm looking for this in size L.

suffice to say she helped me find what I was looking for and walked away with a fine purchase.

So a good day all around. The skinDoc pronounced me skin cancer free and I have some new girl stuff to show for it.

Cynthia Anne
06-29-2013, 01:11 AM
The great news is that you are O-K!! Keep shopping and keep enjoying it!!!!!!!! Hugs!

I Am Paula
06-29-2013, 08:15 AM
Yes they noticed your panties. They didn't care. What you wear under your clothes is of no concern to the healthcare people you deal with.

Starr
06-29-2013, 09:21 AM
My last DR visit I wore ladies jeans, a blouse and tennis shoes.. panties and a camisole. I had on lite perfume and makeup..some jewelry and my long hair down and comb in a fem style. I had been going a little more fem each time for the last couple of years but this time I carried my purse which was a big step. Nothing was said but it was just a blood pressure checkup so did not disrobe...but he did check my lungs and went under my blouse and on top of the camisole..

darla_g
06-29-2013, 10:06 AM
a sales droid

Sales droid? seriously Kat isn't that a bit of condescending way to describe someone who you described as helpful to you?

Beverley Sims
06-29-2013, 03:06 PM
A positive day all round.

giuseppina
06-29-2013, 09:51 PM
Medical personnel are bound by confidentiality laws. They are supposed to ignore your clothing unless it has something to do with your health status. It doesn't most of the time.