PDA

View Full Version : Memories help the pink fog to disappear

shayleetv
06-29-2013, 01:49 AM
Four months ago I had surgery on my right hand, it left me with great frustration since I am right handed and have been trying to do everything with my left hand. The first time I fed myself I looked like a baby with food all over my face. My hand was in a cast for nine weeks with my thumb completely immobilized, never being able to touch my thumb to any of my fingers. Now in rehab my small motor control is gone and is s-l-o-w-l-y coming back. I am tired of wear sweats and T-shirts because of restrictions of putting a strain on my tendons in my hands. And to top the
frustrations of my pink fog is so dark it is almost red.

To combat the pink fog I started to go back and look at my older posts and photos. It seems to have helped and brought back some great memories. One such memory was about the wildest thing you ever did while crossdressed. The way back machine was put into gear about something I did when I was 11 yo. In reality when I got thinking about it I was really 12 yo. I had got myself dressed to make myself look older, like a 15 yo with boobs and make up and a dress (age appropriate). It fit me like it was mine except through the chest and which needed to be filled out with
boobs. This was the first time wearing a bra and I had to experiment as to how to stuff it having never stuffed before. I got a bra from where mom stored my sister’s old clothes. Wow, the top half of the cup was transparent, really sexy. That gave me an idea to stuff with a pair of nylons, after all moms save her old nylons for all sorts of projects. I used the lightest pair and the effect looked like those were real boobs showing through the see through cups. I had a wig that was close enough in style to work, left over from my Cub Scout skit days. I had been practicing the make up for
a while and felt I was good enough to make my plan work. The plan was to go and buy shoes at a store. This took place in 1953 when you had to be helped by a salesman. You couldn’t go in and buy girl shoes without being a girl.

Both my parents worked and they got home about the same time of day around 5pm. Dad was the president of a professional group that met for dinner once a month and they had some program after. So if I could leave before they got home and have it made by getting home before they returned around 9pm. I had all afternoon to get dressed because school had early out that week. The only unknown was my sister and she was rarely home especially
when mom and dad had their social night. She generally spent time with Kathy, her best friend, and had dinner with her family. I got ready and left the house with no incident, walked the 2 blocks to the buss stop and caught
the bus after a short wait When I arrived downtown and got off the bus I went to Baker Shoe Store and started to peruse the shoes. A man that was older than my dad helped me. I told him what I was looking for
and he showed me several styles and like a good girl shopper tried on several. All in all I bought three pair of shoes. When I was finished I still had an hour to kill so I went to the other lady shops just to look around. Greeted and treated like a young woman every time, what a thrill.

Time to catch the bus home. This time I took a chance in riding the bus that had a stop across the street where I lived. Oh no, when the bus drove away I could see my sister’s boy friends’ car in front of our house. They would either be in the back
yard or watching TV in the front room, either way it gave me a window of opportunity to enter the house by the side door and get to my basement bedroom without being seen. Great their watching TV! I shout that I’m home and will be in my bedroom if you need me. I thought this would not worry my sister that I would bug them and she would leave me alone so I could change. No such luck she was at my door trying to get in but lucky for me it was locked. She was adamant that I open the door. I asked if she were alone and she said yes so I opened the door, after all
she used to dress me up in her clothes and has seen me dressed before lots of times. She, however, wasn’t ready for what she saw. First she looked at me then looked further into the room as though she was looking for someone else. Then it dawned on her that it was me. She said stay right there she would be back as soon as she got rid of her boy friend. When she returned I was sitting in my study chair with my legs crossed just like a proper girl. The first thing out of her mouth was that question that there isn’t an answer, “Why are you dressed like that?” I answered, “To get some shoes that fit me”. That only got her upset because as the conversation went on, why are you dressed like a girl is what she meant. At 72 yo I can’t really answer that and as a twelve year old it was impossible and not at all understandable let alone comprehensible. The best I could come up with was “It’s fun to look like this”.

My sister was amazed at my fortitude but thought it was dangerous for me to do this on my own. Her only criticism was she thought the wig was old fashioned and it was. It didn’t last for very long though, within six months it had fallen apart. She helped me get a better wig with a more classic look that would last me a long time. But she still needed an answer as to why I needed to crossdress. She never got it and neither have I.

Sounds like fiction - it’s not. So to you who fear to go out; if a 12 yo can do it so can you.

bridget thronton
06-29-2013, 02:01 AM
Very nice post thanks for sharing

sandra-leigh
06-29-2013, 02:16 AM
Grade 5 I had a cast on my right hand for 6 weeks or so during the school year. I had to keep doing all my assignnents and tests, so I had to learn to write lefthanded. It came out neater than my righthanded writing :o

Gosh my right arm was weak when I got my cast off!

Alexis.j
06-29-2013, 03:18 AM
Yes, thank you for sharing with us. Enjoyed reading it.

Cheryl123
06-29-2013, 06:50 AM
What a great story Shylee ... and such composure when you got caught. I love your reply to "Why are you dressed like that" -- because it is fun! Forget the psychological mumbo-jumbo. That's really the answer. Lucky to have an understanding sister but you were taking a big chance in 1953. On the other hand you must have been really cute as a 12 year old .. hope you hand heals really soon because it's a bitch trying to put on a bra one-handed ;)

Kate's at home
06-29-2013, 07:14 AM
Shaylee,

Hope you are back on track and can bet back to normal and enjoy yourself again soon.

Kate

SherriePall
06-29-2013, 08:09 AM
Yes, those were dangerous times (which lasted another decade or two). I know our younger members cannot believe how it could be so when they go out and about so naturally. Twasn't always so, though. Not even in your own home. Shaylee, glad those pics and memories help get you through. Was your sister always helpful in later years?

Beverley Sims
06-30-2013, 01:51 PM
At 12 you can get away with it is it that at 72 you are a grown up and should have more sense?
That seems to be the reasoning.
My question is, are you grown up yet? :)

Madeline80
06-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the story, very enjoyable and well-written. Hope your hand is better soon