PDA

View Full Version : I Need More Clothes

Kim_Bitzflick
06-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Isn't that our montra? I need more clothes.

But in this case I think I do. I've been going out every other weekend & I am finding that I am starting to wear the same things over & over again. I guess today I'll just have to look for a few new things.......:)

Wildaboutheels
06-29-2013, 11:08 AM
Thrift Stores............................................ ...............................................

Lynn Marie
06-29-2013, 11:12 AM
Women seem to hate wearing any outfit within a year of it's first debut! CDs seem to have inherited that trait also!

Marcia Blue
06-29-2013, 11:32 AM
Kim, I agree, my wife not so much. I have learned to buy things I can mix and match with what I already have.

sallyjones
06-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Go to a consignment shop tell them that you are tv/tg, and they will help you alot.

RADER
06-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Time to go out and "CHARGE IT"
Have fun.
Rader

Beverley Sims
06-29-2013, 03:03 PM
I don't need new clothes, I wear some things over and over as I am comfortable in them.
When I want a change something else gets a chance.

Kandy Barr
06-29-2013, 04:10 PM
I know what you're saying Kim, I'm heading to the thrift stores next week. I've never thought about it but I think lynn is right!

Ressie
06-29-2013, 11:54 PM
I've picked up some decent clothing and shoes at thrift stores, but it's also nice to shop for newer fashions at a retail store. (But I go to the clearance and sales racks!) But I have too many items in my closet that don't fit right. :(

Sandieland
06-30-2013, 12:05 AM
I am so tired of poking around thrift shops I'm ready to say "to hell with it" and go to the real stores, admit to the clerk what I am and ask for help in coordinating outfits. Elsewhere, I've met some women recently who I think might suspect this hidden side of me and I get the feeling they might actually have fun guiding and helping me. I'm beginning to think that public disclosure of my feminine side might be less of a shock to others than one might think. I'll keep everyone posted.

CherylFlint
06-30-2013, 12:37 AM
Thrift stores are the ONLY way to fly.
Goodwill has sales, and I picked up 20 skirts for $20.
The next time I went by I took ten back, so I got ten nice skirts that fit for $2 each. Can’t beat it.

kimdl93
06-30-2013, 07:14 AM
It's a great problem. I find myself needing to turn over parts of my wardrobe...a lot to things in the closet that just don't work for me!

Kate Simmons
06-30-2013, 07:23 AM
I know the feeling Kim. I have a whole rack of clothes but don't have a THING to wear. Now, where have I heard that before? :)

linda allen
06-30-2013, 07:52 AM
I've picked up some decent clothing and shoes at thrift stores, but it's also nice to shop for newer fashions at a retail store. (But I go to the clearance and sales racks!) But I have too many items in my closet that don't fit right. :(

Yes, I mostly shop the chain stores (Kohls, Pennys, Burlington Coat Factory, and Ross) and I start with the clearance racks. If you purchase items from the chain stores and they don't fit or look right on you, you can return them. My problem is, I'll often return two items and leave with five. :heehee:

BTW: My side of the closet is full, I had to move the winter items to another bedroom closet.

I've been going out every other weekend & I am finding that I am starting to wear the same things over & over again. I guess today I'll just have to look for a few new things.......

Or, you could just start going to different places. :heehee:

Maxi
06-30-2013, 08:53 AM
My lady clothes have by far, taken over my closet. Funny thing was when summer finally came, I found I did not have any male shirts that were not flannel. I had to break down and buy some cool summer guy shirts.

Kim_Bitzflick
06-30-2013, 10:01 AM
I went out and bought a few more items at Dress Barn, Not the cheapest place, but I love their clothes. Click the link to see what I got.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?197097-How-do-I-look-(honestly)

Marcia Blue
06-30-2013, 11:00 AM
I love the tops, great colors.

Sometimes Steffi
06-30-2013, 09:04 PM
I've been going out every other weekend ...

So tell us where you've been going out every other weekend.