PDA

View Full Version : Visited the Crown Plaza Hotel, home of the SCC

Jenny Gurl
06-29-2013, 06:49 PM
I took a trip over the last week and traveled through Atlanta. I needed a place to stay so I thought since the Crown Plaza Hotel hosts the Southern Comfort Conference (SCC) why not give them the business. For those who have never been to the SCC, I thought I would share my review of the hotel. I stayed there one night on the way there and two nights on the way back so I had a little time to check out the area. It was a nice hotel with a very good staff. The breakfast buffet reasonably priced at $16 including juice and coffee. The plants surrounding the hotel area's inside and the sitting area outside was a nice touch. The restaurant had good food at a good price considering it was inside. There was a Starbucks coffee shop in the lobby along with a bar and a couple nice sitting rooms. There were several steps going down to the restaurant and lower area's. The steps were stone and a short height step which makes it nice for those who don't do stairs in heels on a regular basis. The rooms were decent and comfortable. The pool was 4 ft deep, no deep or shallow end. There is an enclosed outside sitting area where you can sit on the lounge chairs and tan if you want. All in all I was well satisfied with the hotel, and the staff was excellent.

I visited the perimeter mall across the street and it was a good sized mall with lots to see. Getting there was very easy. Simply drive strait across the intersection when you leave the hotel and it will be on your right in a short distance. All in all it was a good trip. If I ever get a chance to attend the SCC, I will already be familiar with the area and hotel. The roads around there are a little different than I am use to. They criss cross through intersections there but as long as you watch the signals and traffic it is alright.

Beverley Sims
06-30-2013, 01:43 PM
It may b a nice hotel but it is awesome when a convention is in progress.
It takes on a new dimension.

Tara D. Rose
06-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Yes Jenny, it is a very nice Hotel and the staff are very wonderful, polite and so professional. I love the inside waterfalls too, and the outdoor patio in the back. I love the restaurants and staff there as well. But, with all of that, when the Hotel is full of wonderful cross dressers, Ts's and other TG people, it just makes it such a grand place for fun and excitement. The perimeter mall across the street are very polite and friendly to Tg people as well. Tara has done some shopping and eating there as well.

Jenny Gurl
06-30-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm sure it is a completely different atmosphere. I would love to attend the SCC one year. I happened to be traveling through the area and thought since a lot of new people attend each year, maybe give a short review of the hotel. SCC is in a couple months now, it will not be long.