PDA

View Full Version : Someone we all know

Jolene Robertson
06-29-2013, 06:49 PM
I have never heard anything on this subject related to this man, but what do you think? Was he one of us? Look closely at his shoes :brolleyes:

kellycan27
06-29-2013, 06:53 PM
If he wasn't... He should have been lol

Aly Cat
06-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Im sure hes wearing shorts, but maybe not? The pic is black and white so details are hard to see, but that could easily pass as a skirt.

johnboy23
06-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Probably a fake pic.

Marleena
06-29-2013, 07:29 PM
He needs boobs! Can't wear those shoes without boobs!!lol.

Tracii G
06-29-2013, 07:29 PM
May not be his legs.

Lynn Marie
06-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Looks like old style swim trunks to me. He's got better looking legs than I would have suspected. I'm thinking old Einstien probably borrowed the wife's sandals because the rocks on the beach hurt his feet. The esteemed gentleman wasn't known for his natty attire, nor his hair styling. He had other things to think about!

Aly Cat
06-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Fine line between genius and insanity. If he had to paint his house door red so that he could remember where he lived, i doubt he cared what he put on in the morning or on his feet when he went out.

Great man though. I still think Tesla was better! ;)

Leona
06-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Fine line between genius and insanity. If he had to paint his house door red so that he could remember where he lived, i doubt he cared what he put on in the morning or on his feet when he went out.

Great man though. I still think Tesla was better! ;)

I'd like to second this, but I can't, because we're talking about Einstein. If it were Edison, then absolutely TESLA ROCKS!

Aly Cat
06-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Good point. Though imagine what Einstein could have come up with had he had the knowledge that Tesla was coming up with. We would be in a very different world today. Too bad tesla didnt leave us with much of his knowledge. Why is it that the revolutionary people in history always have to take their secrets to the grave with them??? Edward Leedskalnin did the same thing! Bugs the heck out of me! Sorry, back on topic lol.
I wonder how many famous men of our modern age crossdress. Anyone ever started compiling a list? Actors included.

candydawn75
06-29-2013, 08:00 PM
Look closely at his shoes :brolleyes:

LOLOL OMG that is that and the legs are the first thing I noticed!!
After looking at photo I wonder too. Look at his shorts. For the day this was in I am sure they are femme.

Kandy Barr
06-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Just goes to show, great minds think alike, right ladies!

whowhatwhen
06-29-2013, 08:25 PM
The real question is if he was into dudes while wearing those shoes.
:)

Wildaboutheels
06-29-2013, 08:42 PM
The simplest and most likely answer is that he wore what he liked and was "sharp enough" not to concern himself over what other people thought of his clothing choices or his hair.

Leona
06-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Good point. Though imagine what Einstein could have come up with had he had the knowledge that Tesla was coming up with. We would be in a very different world today. Too bad tesla didnt leave us with much of his knowledge. Why is it that the revolutionary people in history always have to take their secrets to the grave with them??? Edward Leedskalnin did the same thing! Bugs the heck out of me! Sorry, back on topic lol.
I wonder how many famous men of our modern age crossdress. Anyone ever started compiling a list? Actors included.
Different fields, they probably wouldn't have been able to work together. Einstein ripped his Theory of Relativity from his wife (she's the real genius!) and otherwise was a theoretical physicist.
Tesla was an engineer. He made things. :)

NathalieX66
06-29-2013, 11:10 PM
Styles in the 1940's/1950's were very different. I honestly don't think that AE had any latent or secret desires.
Boys wore dresses before age 5 or 6 , that includes president Franklin Roosevelt.
This is a picture of young FDR on the cover of Life magazine:

AmyGaleRT
06-30-2013, 01:35 AM
I found the full story (http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-561729) about Einstein's sandals. It's actually a heartwarming story about the mutual friendship between Einstein and the man who sold him those sandals, David Rothman, who at first thought Einstein said "sundials" when he said what he wanted. And yes, the sandals were women's sandals (size 11), because those were the only pair Rothman had in stock that would fit. Einstein, however, impressed with Rothman's personality, wore and continued to wear the sandals, saving them for the occasions Rothman would visit. If that made Einstein a "crossdresser" of sorts, well, he didn't care. (Though he really does rock those sandals, doesn't he? And I'm thrilled to see the professor and I wear the same size! :) )

- Amy

Lorileah
06-30-2013, 02:41 AM
If you can find this image somewhere else I will buy it....look close, photoshop

Cheryl T
06-30-2013, 07:25 AM
Nice try, but that's Photoshopped...

Kate Simmons
06-30-2013, 07:26 AM
I never knew Al personally but now that they are studying his brain maybe some day we will find out. :)

Wildaboutheels
06-30-2013, 11:08 AM
The story sure sounds true. A small piece from Amy's find. VVV

"This story has been told over and over, printed in magazines, newspaper articles, and other media interviews with my Grandfather throughout the years. It became known as the “sundial” story and my grandfather always took great pleasure in rehashing how he met the illustrious scientist."

The problem with the posted pic in the OP is his right hand. NOT HIS hand and the finger length/proportion is "highly suspect" to say the least and not normal for any Human.

Hard to believe for some of the members but... could it possibly be that... they are JUST CLOTHES to some people?

steeve
06-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Nice try, but that's Photoshopped...

yes its been shopped to death and beyond , this pic has been doing the rounds on the net for years :heehee:

Beverley Sims
06-30-2013, 12:59 PM
Never seen him before.
I am reminded of the theory of relativity tho'. :)

Jolene Robertson
06-30-2013, 01:13 PM
OK OK... I did not touch the picture, I simply posted it as I received it! However in order to preserve integrity I did some research... here is a link to the original pic and if you do a google search for Einstein and sundial sandals you will find several other pictures of the great mind wearing the same sandals. Now with that being said maybe someone has photoshoped them IDK...

But it has created an interesting discussion.

http://www.rothguitar.com/news/einstein.jpg

Jolene