PDA

View Full Version : Caught by the Cowboy next door

Maxi
06-29-2013, 10:22 PM
I stepped out the back door to look off the porch at the sky, last week at 5am. When I turned around, the cowboy next door had come out on his back porch (about 40ft away) to have a morning smoke. He was looking strait at me.
I causally called the dogs, went & took them in the house, acting like nothing was weird about how I was dressed. (Maxi dress, bra, forms, heels, & pearl necklace & earrings). I have since had several conversations with him, and he has not said anything about it. He just gets this strange little smile.
The rule I always live by is "what goes on in your yard is your business", I expect the same.
Have you been caught by a neighbor?

MysticLady
06-29-2013, 10:29 PM
I have since had several conversations with him, and he has not said anything about it. He just gets this strange little smile.

Maybe he desperately wants to tell you that he's also confused. "I am NOT a Kaboy, I'm a GIRL. Please talk to me." You never know.:D

celeste26
06-29-2013, 10:31 PM
Yes except, you dont actually know what he was looking at and at 40 ft might jut have considered you a GG, maybe a guest in your house. Do not consider he saw YOU wearing those items unless he specifically asks.

As far as my neighbors they have yet to say word one and they've seen me multiple times in the front yard from a distance.

Cynthia Anne
06-29-2013, 11:02 PM
Years ago I was caught by a neighbor and called gay! Now a days I'm ''caught'' every day!

Lynn Marie
06-29-2013, 11:42 PM
Was decending my stairs from my apartment with a fellow CD girlfriend and the teenager from downstairs was just staring at us. I looked him straight in the eyes and said "Pretty cool, huh". He was dumbfounded. Had no idea what to say or do. My neighbors regularly see this tall classy lady driving away in my cars. Wonder who she is?

Chickhe
06-29-2013, 11:44 PM
..the way I figure it, if you don't bother him about his cowboy hat and addiction to smoking then he shouldn't ask about your dress...

PattiAllison
06-30-2013, 01:29 AM
I have been spending a lot of time in my yard wearing a skirt, blouse, wig and full makeup. I make no attempt to avoid the neighbors so yes, several of them have seen me. I have received many waves and hellos and have responded with waves and hellos in my best girly voice. The other day a pretty young woman was walking her cute little white dog past my house and when she saw me she said good morning to me with the cutest smile. She eyed me up and down, taking in my blue top and blue floral skirt. I thought of walking up to her and striking up a coversation with her but I chickened out. I promised myself to have this conversation with her the next time I see her.

Emjay
06-30-2013, 01:35 AM
I'm sure I've been seen by my neighbors getting in my car and going places (it's happened enough times).

I have definitely been seen by the next door neighbor kids. I went out one afternoon to let the dogs inside and there they were! They just kind of looked at me with a puzzled look on their faces... It must not have bothered them or they just didn't recognize me because neither they or their parents have ever said anything about it and are still very friendly to me when they see me. :)

kimdl93
06-30-2013, 07:11 AM
I've encountered several neighbors from around the blocks near my home. Most of them have seen me in either mode. I've talked to some, the ones I know well, about it. But I haven't bothered with those I know only by recognition. So far, no problems.

DesireeFl
06-30-2013, 07:36 AM
"I looked him straight in the eyes and said "Pretty cool, huh" Thats an awesome response!! Love it!!

Good luck with the Cowboy, you never mentioned if he was cute or not!!

linda allen
06-30-2013, 07:46 AM
I stepped out the back door to look off the porch at the sky, last week at 5am. When I turned around, the cowboy next door had come out on his back porch (about 40ft away) to have a morning smoke. He was looking strait at me.
I causally called the dogs, went & took them in the house, acting like nothing was weird about how I was dressed. (Maxi dress, bra, forms, heels, & pearl necklace & earrings). I have since had several conversations with him, and he has not said anything about it. He just gets this strange little smile.
The rule I always live by is "what goes on in your yard is your business", I expect the same.
Have you been caught by a neighbor?

Have I been caught by a neighbor? Not that I know of because I'm pretty careful to not do things that would put me at risk of being caught. There's no way to really know though.

You may be able to keep people out of your yard, but you can't stop them from looking. If you want to run around dressed in your yard and not be seen, you need to move to a farm or home on several acres of land and install a driveway monitor.

As for his impression, you didn't mention anything about a wig, but if you were fully presenting as a female, he might have thought you were one except for the fact that no female would be dressed like that at 5:00AM. Next time wear a flannel nighty and hair curlers. ;)

..the way I figure it, if you don't bother him about his cowboy hat and addiction to smoking then he shouldn't ask about your dress...

There you go!. :thumbsup:

Maxi
06-30-2013, 08:06 AM
No wig or makeup. It was just me in a dress. I am the only one in my house of my size. He knows it was me. In the past he has seen me in a kilt, and stopped to talk with me about it.

linda allen
06-30-2013, 08:12 AM
No wig or makeup. It was just me in a dress. I am the only one in my house of my size. He knows it was me. In the past he has seen me in a kilt, and stopped to talk with me about it.

You don't have to be the only one in your house of that size, you could have had relatives or guests, but if you weren't wearing a wig, you're out of the closet. I'm thinking in some way you wanted to be caught.

stacycoral
06-30-2013, 08:24 AM
Maxi, if I haven't been caught it is by some odd thing, I go out outside all the time, but try and be descover the best I can, but who know, I went out yesterday all dress as my picture looks and taken down my teenager clothes, I really don't care anymore if I seen or not. hugs.

Kate Simmons
06-30-2013, 08:35 AM
You scared me there for a minute Maxi. I thought you were going to say since he is a cowboy that he lassoed you, hog tied you and branded you.:heehee: I'd buy that guy a drink myself.;):)

Sharon B.
06-30-2013, 08:58 AM
Caught by my neighbors, yes a time or two. Nothing has been said but know for a fact that I have been seen, because I have made sure that they have seen me dressed as a woman.

AngieStone
06-30-2013, 09:56 AM
Yes I got brave one day and stepped out onto my front balcony, fully dressed except for my wig and make up. After soaking up the warmth of the sun for a few min I noticed my neighbor across the street. For some reason his car was not in his drive so I thought he was gone for the day, wrong. I don't think he saw me because he had his back to me working in his planter in front of his window. If he did see me he never said a thing.

Kim_Bitzflick
06-30-2013, 10:07 AM
I'm not sure if I was caught by my neighbor, but if they do, fine. A couple weeks ago we had a party and one neighbor was there. She's about 65 years old and really nice. We always talk about the neighborhood & things like that. At the party she made a comment on what a special person I was and it lead me to believe she knows, but she hasn't acted differently so I guess she's ok with it.

docrobbysherry
06-30-2013, 11:02 AM
It's lite there at 5 AM, Maxi? It isn't where I live!

prissyparis
06-30-2013, 11:28 AM
I went out last night, and when I was crossing the street by a bar a few blocks away, a lady that I haven't seen before yelled at me to "keep that sh*t out of my neighborhood".
I didn't say anything, but one of the guys that was standing there chased me down and apologized for his stupid friend, and told me I look fabulous. That's the first time something like that's happened. Usually It's men yelling mean things.
Otherwise, I've been caught by a few neighbors. But lucky for me, I live right between a gay couple and a lesbian. I'm about to lay out in my backyard to work on my tan line. :)

linda allen
06-30-2013, 12:30 PM
Yes I got brave one day and stepped out onto my front balcony, fully dressed except for my wig and make up. .......... .

I may be different than some folks, but to me, the wig is pretty near the top of "dressing". Nobody can see if you're wearing makeup from across the street, but unless you have your own long hair, the lack of a wig pretty much screams "man in a dress". Also, the wig throws a person off as far as recognizing you.

Beverley Sims
06-30-2013, 12:40 PM
My neighbors don't know me, I am only seen occasionally, so there is no connection.

Karen_the_Cutie
06-30-2013, 12:53 PM
well, one of my neighbors saw me and asked my Dad if I had a girlfriend. My other neighbor (who apparently is a pervy old man) saw me from a ways away when I was younger and wearing a mini skirt and knee highs, tank top and a wig, and he yelled "woo baby! come on over!" he seemed serious too :heehee:
he has seen me a few times since and sometimes stops to watch me if I'm walking down the driveway or something. The FedEx guy honked when I was in a mini skirt once, and someone driving a truck almost crashed while checking me out >.<
And several passing cyclists, joggers, and walkers have seen me. As far as I know none of them actually recognized me, as I've never heard anything about it. When asked about the girlfriend I just said a couple friends had stopped by and that was the end of it. I am friends with a girl that looks very similar to me dressed, so that helps too :P

Allison Chaynes
07-06-2013, 01:17 AM
My Iranian dissident refugee neighbor saw me a few weeks back. I didn't know about it, thought no one could see me in my backyard. She asked me why I had been wearing a skirt, and I asked if she would have been forced to wear the burkha were she still in her former country. I then pointed out that she wore pants. I asked why. She said they were comfortable. She then had an AHA! moment, I think. haven't spoken to her since, not so sure she or her family would be overly accepting, but I made her think about it.

Andy66
07-06-2013, 01:49 AM
I usually dress pretty androgynous, but sometimes, on special occasions, my neighbors get to see me in unmistakeably guy clothes - dress shirt, tie etc. They never say anything, but some of them look kind of confused. :heehee:

...Maybe the cowboy likes you, Maxi.

Princess Grandpa
07-06-2013, 02:38 AM
It's been many days now. Has he said anything more Maxi?

Jessica_NZ
07-06-2013, 04:38 AM
I'm currently living in a middle unit of three. Both the adjoining neighbours know, and regularly see me - and it doesn't bother either of them. Even had them over for a few drinks whilst dressed. My front neighbour, when I finally told her, said she already knew and had seen me a few times but thought it a tad rude to bring up the subject without me instigating it. But, as for the rest...not sure. both out the front porch and back yard are in full view of at least three other neighbours on each side. I am a smoker, so if I want one I have to go outside, no matter what i'm wearing. At night its no big deal, but during the day i'm sure most of the others have caught a glimpse. Ive often wondered if they have picked its me, and as my wife says - nobody else round here is 6'4" (without heels) and smokes - so if they have seen they have never said anything.

Kimberly Renee
07-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Been growing my hair and it's at the stage of long enough to be irritating but not long enough to style/cut. I've been wearing bandannas but yesterday I put 2 barrettes in my hair for house work. Walked outside to check on something, forgot about the barrettes, and there was my neighbor lady on her porch. We talked a bit and then I went back inside. It was then I realized I had walked outside with barrettes. Got kinda embarrassed but figured, oh well.

She didn't let on or give a strange look (at least, it didn't register to me if she did)

Jessica Keys
07-06-2013, 08:37 AM
I use to lay in my back yard with a high fence on the outskirts of town. Wearing my bikini top and bottoms would have a ag spray plane make a couple passes over with the wing down looking. If only he knew.

TxKimberly
07-06-2013, 09:05 AM
When we first moved into this house about 10 years ago, I was in Dallas for a repair and stayed the night there. I figured "What the hell, everyone will be at work and school when I get home at about 10AM, so let's make the drive pretty!" As planned, I pulled into my driveway at about 10 to 1030 AM. What was NOT according to my plan was having my next door neighbor pull into HER driveway about 10 seconds after I had parked. I kept fiddling with stuff in my passengers seat, trying to keep my face turned away from her while I waited for her to get into her house, but when I glanced up her way, she was definitely looking my direction and grinning from ear to ear. That neighbor and her husband rarely speak to us . . . LOL

MysticLady
07-06-2013, 09:07 AM
My other neighbor (who apparently is a pervy old man) saw me from a ways away when I was younger and wearing a mini skirt and knee highs, tank top and a wig, and he yelled "woo baby! come on over!" he seemed serious too :heehee:

Men like this, disgust me. I feel that if a man said this too me while en femme, I would walk right up to him and question him. (I would rather walk up to him and put a stump into his face:heehee:) I know, that's not Ladylike and I'm afraid I may break a nail doing that.

PretzelGirl
07-06-2013, 09:27 AM
The only way to not have a neighbor catch you is to stay inside and keep the windows covered.

I have gone out with the trash and to get the mail dressed. I also come and go as I get out a lot. One time I pulled in the driveway and my neighbor was walking across his yard waving. I looked and waved back and he then went back into his garage. But recently I was dressed and was getting the mail and my neighbor's mail was delivered to me by mistake. I saw him outside his garage so I took it to him and talked for a little bit. Given his reaction, he might be catching on.

Maxi, I am all for those that get out and get that breathe of fresh air. It is invigorating. But you can only do it if you are sure you are okay with being seen. I would let things roll and see if he brings up anything. I don't think we need to rush to anyone and ask if they are okay with what they saw. That just feels too guilty and there is nothing to be guilty about. If he wants you to know how you feel, he will get his feelings across just fine.

Jana
07-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Gosh, I love these "I got caught" stories. Most sound as if, subconsciously, you guys wanted to get caught but forgot to give much thought to the consequences and repercussions. Some words of advice to others: don't leave the house if you are not ready to be outed and deal with it, it's that simple.

As for your "rule"... would it still apply if YOU saw a neighbor burying a corpse in their yard?

Lisa Jeffreys
07-06-2013, 09:31 AM
I think there is a distinct difference between being seen by the neighbors and being caught by the neighbors.

Last weekend I went out fully dressed, twice. After the mall I had to ditch the heels (3" wedge sandals) for some comfy flats and a different top. So I was in and out of the apartment 4 times that day. I saw my neighbor from across the hall and another from upstairs. They saw me as plain as day, no doubt about it. But I don't think they "caught" me. They saw a lady in my car and that's all I think they saw.

I chatted briefly with the gentleman across the hall and did not notice any difference between that chat and previous ones. The connection wasn't made.

The guy from upstairs was unloading his car with his wife as I ran out yesterday to get something at the store. No elbows to get her attention followed by a head tilt or point in my direction.

Seen, yes. Caught, no. I'd call that passable success.

XOXO
Lisa

MysticLady
07-06-2013, 09:34 AM
when I glanced up her way, she was definitely looking my direction and grinning from ear to ear. That neighbor and her husband rarely speak to us . . . LOL

I suspect that she told her crotchety old fart of a husband and he of course told her that it was evil, ugly, queer, gross.(when all the time, thinking to himself, "I wish I had the balls to do that":heehee:)