PDA

View Full Version : At the salon

JackieInPA
06-30-2013, 08:26 AM
So I go to a local hair salon in a big store to get my hair done...I am out to them there get women's hair styles and go dressed all the time. Last visit had to use the restroom, asked for the key an went to the restrooms...the key wouldnt open the door...puzzled I tried the ladies room, it opened...I guess I have been accepted as one of the girls there!!!!

Beverley Sims
06-30-2013, 01:09 PM
One small step for a woman.....

SherriePall
07-02-2013, 09:47 AM
That key really speaks volumes, doesn't it? Must really make you feel good, being accepted like that. And in NE PA, no less!

linda allen
07-02-2013, 10:14 AM
It could be that the hair salon only had keys to the ladies' rest room because most or all of their customers are female.

JackieInPA
07-02-2013, 11:52 AM
That key really speaks volumes, doesn't it? Must really make you feel good, being accepted like that. And in NE PA, no less!

I am out and about a LOT in Wilkes-barre scranton and i have had very few problems.

It could be that the hair salon only had keys to the ladies' rest room because most or all of their customers are female.

Actually the key to bot was on there but she made sure to hand the keys to me with the ladies room key sticking up.

Eryn
07-02-2013, 12:01 PM

Now that's the way to rain on a parade! :)

Whether inadvertant or not, be happy that you are accepted. I think that a lot of GGs see us as interesting, at least trying to understand a bit about how their society works while most men have a mindset of total rejection of it. Even though I'm not out at my salon and go in male mode I still feel welcomed into my salon social group which makes it a bit more bearable.

Cheryl Ann Owens
07-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Eryn, since my stylist told her shop owner a few months ago about me (with my permission) I have also found that GG's find us interesting and they are very accepting. We actually have a lot of rapport and I guess I'm very much accepted! It's nice! All of us girls chat along! I usually go in drab wearing a nice top and even dangling earrings to get a cut and my brows waxed. Today my stylist messaged me as I told her last night I'll need to see her next week. She usually gives me a cut to make my wig fit better, and even cuts my sideburns really high to help the fit. They have few men going there and I'll bet I could use the ladie's room too. Love it!

Cheryl Ann

linda allen
07-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Now that's the way to rain on a parade! :)....

I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade, just pointing out that sometimes we read more into things than we should. I overlooked the part where she said she was dressed as a female.

It turns out that she was handed both keys with the ladies room key on top so that's the one she used. If I was out dressed as a female, I would hope they would do the same.

CherylFlint
07-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Now we have the “True definition of passing”.
Good for you.
How about posting a recent photo?

Eryn
07-02-2013, 02:32 PM
I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade, just pointing out that sometimes we read more into things than we should.

Linda, I was just putting a bit of humor into the thread. We often read more into things than we should, both fears and triumphs. It's how we feel about ourselves that counts!

Launa
07-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Theres nothing like being treated like one of the chicks in the salon.... Gotta be heaven!

I'm going to be trying it soon too.

AmyGaleRT
07-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Launa, you'll love it! I got my hair done at a salon not that long ago...it was an incredibly feminine experience!

- Amy

JackieInPA
07-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Now we have the “True definition of passing”.
Good for you.
How about posting a recent photo?

One thing my wife is against is me posting fem pics on the internet or i would!

DebbieL
07-03-2013, 11:54 PM
So I go to a local hair salon in a big store to get my hair done...I am out to them there get women's hair styles and go dressed all the time.

In effect, you go in dressed and presenting as female, and are normally perceived as a female. Even though the staff my know differently, to other customers and casual observers, you are a woman.

Last visit had to use the restroom, asked for the key an went to the restrooms...the key wouldnt open the door...puzzled I tried the ladies room, it opened...I guess I have been accepted as one of the girls there!!!!

If you pass reasonably well, it's in their best interest to encourage you to use the ladies room. If you use the ladies, you are just another woman using the restroom. If you walk into the men's room, anyone who sees you coming out will realize that you are "a guy in drag", which can cause discomfort among the customers. Not only that, but you make yourself at target for reactions ranging from giggles and laughter to ridicule to potential threats against both your male and female persona.

You are also a good customer, and a regular. The last thing they want to do is lose one of their favorite girls. And yes, they DO accept you as one of the girls now.