PDA

View Full Version : Recent comments on nails.

Alberta_Pat
06-30-2013, 09:29 AM
I've had a couple of interesting experiences lately.

Background: I keep my nails cared for, using the services of a nail tech in my area. UV gel with regular fills, pedicures with colour, etc.

A couple of weeks ago, while signing up the documents for a load I was hauling, there was a bit of chatter amongst drivers. Out of the blue, the one female driver asks me where I get my nails done. Instant silence in the room!
With a moment to think, I tell her exactly where, and why I prefer this salon. They have a new customer, and she, the driver, is very pleased with the product and service.

Yesterday, my step son and I were out shopping for a new motorcycle for him. (Honda Shadow Phantom for those who are interested)

While discussing the financial details, the finance lady tells me that she really likes my nails, that she really appreciates a man who takes care of them, etc. Her husband is also a truck driver, and I am not sure how he cares for his nails. Could be a change coming for him though. ;)

The point I am bringing out here is that even though we may not think so, there are people out there who are observant and see these little things about us.

That said, I have never had an negative comments on my hands, nails or the way they look.

Beverley Sims
06-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Worries me sometimes when people see my long nails.
Recently I told someone I couldn't find a pair of scissors to cut them.
I am sure that explanation worked. :)

Persephone
06-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Congrats! You did a beautiful job! You took the high road and enjoyed the compliments!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/2013-04-10Nails-OPIsRoyalFlushBlush_zps0c534a33.jpg

If asked in male mode I just look 'em in the eye and tell them that long nails make it "so much easier to clean your ears and pick your nose," and I smile sweetly.

Hugs,
Persephone.

winny
06-30-2013, 01:29 PM
my wife and i were at a bank talking to one of the bankers regarding one of our accounts. he noticed my glossy pinkish nails and asked if i painted them. he was impressed by how professional they looked. we encouraged him to take the plunge and get them done. he said he'd think about it..